• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Disappointed

GraceSaved

• Members

I will stop now on this subject.

I only teasingly said that I called GS a she because of her disappointed thread.  Which by her replies I know without a shadow of a doubt GraceSaved is a female.

be blessed and don't let the sun go down on your anger.

I'm not angry.  I'm "disappointed." :-)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Grace, you mentioned you're not IFB. Fair enough. However, this is an IFB site, and you have to expect that if your beliefs do not agree with ours, those beliefs will probably be disagreed with and 'attacked'. What else would one expect? If you believe that those labels mentioned above are not an accurate reflection of you and your beliefs, by all means, prove them wrong!  Remembering, of course, that our definition of terms like 'liberal' and yours are unlikely to match. That's par for the course, I guess. No one ever thinks they're liberal. Ha! :wink (I'm poking fun at all of us a bit - my friends call me a liberal when reminding me of my rather conservative evangelical background! But then they only do it because it bugs me so much... :frog:)

That being said, I am in no way defending any who have been actually rude to you personally. That is wrong!  (And calling someone 'marked' - although I don't know the context - definitely sounds rude to me.)

• Moderators

This is a virtual gathering or assembling place of the body of Christ, believers whether you or anyone else like it, and this truth will stand at the judgement seat of Christ to which you will give account a to how you built on the foundation of Jesus Christ.  the Church your referring to is a building or organization, however the body of Christ is not a building or organization it is a spiritual Body that surpasses walls and time.  So wherever the Body of Christ comes together it is an assembly of believers.  you don't have to agree but it is a truth. Just because they didn't have Internet in Paul's day doesn't mean God didn't speak on the assembly of believers over the Internet.

AV, please explain to me (without commenting on individual members' gender, thank you) how exactly a group of believers that has no pastoral authority or church officers, does not practice church membership or discipline, and does not follow Christ's commands regarding the ordinances is a church? You appear to be adhering to the idea of a universal church, which the IFB pastors I have heard reject and attribute to Catholic influences.

That being said, if this was a church (which it is not), then you are a 'member' of a 'church' with women 'deacons'. As this is in direct contradiction to Scripture, you must therefore separate yourselves from such a body. As you are not separating yourself, you either don't believe it's that important (in which case drop the subject), or you don't really believe it's a church (so, ditto).

• Members

Grace, you mentioned you're not IFB. Fair enough. However, this is an IFB site, and you have to expect that if your beliefs do not agree with ours, those beliefs will probably be disagreed with and 'attacked'. What else would one expect? If you believe that those labels mentioned above are not an accurate reflection of you and your beliefs, by all means, prove them wrong!  Remembering, of course, that our definition of terms like 'liberal' and yours are unlikely to match. That's par for the course, I guess. No one ever thinks they're liberal. Ha!  :wink (I'm poking fun at all of us a bit - my friends call me a liberal when reminding me of my rather conservative evangelical background! But then they only do it because it bugs me so much... :frog:)

That being said, I am in no way defending any who have been actually rude to you personally. That is wrong!  (And calling someone 'marked' - although I don't know the context - definitely sounds rude to me.)

I don't disagree with everything IFB but if I do, I "expect" no disrespect, name calling or assumptions about my Christian life or to be "attacked." There is a newbie on here with a signature which reads in part "Christ-hating morons."  I don't see anyone attacking him, and I don't want to, but wonder why certain people pick and choose to whom they are nice to."  It appears if you have IFB on your profile, then you are safe, even when exhibiting an unChrist-like attitude in speech on the forum.

• Members

AV, please explain to me (without commenting on individual members' gender, thank you) how exactly a group of believers that has no pastoral authority or church officers, does not practice church membership or discipline, and does not follow Christ's commands regarding the ordinances is a church? You appear to be adhering to the idea of a universal church, which the IFB pastors I have heard reject and attribute to Catholic influences.

That being said, if this was a church (which it is not), then you are a 'member' of a 'church' with women 'deacons'. As this is in direct contradiction to Scripture, you must therefore separate yourselves from such a body. As you are not separating yourself, you either don't believe it's that important (in which case drop the subject), or you don't really believe it's a church (so, ditto).

ok fine if you insist

I will put you and Grace on my ignore list that way my fellowship here is only with those who are not outside the word of God.

seeing I cant put you on a an ignore list this will be my last communication with you

• Members

For the short time I've been on this site, I have been referred to as a "sipping saint," "relativist," "reformed Calvinist," "ecumenical," "liberal," "professing Christian," and told that I was "marked."

For what?  Because I have a mind, an opinion and can express myself?  Because I made comments on a few topics in a short time?  By this, people know who I am, where I came from, where I'm going, how I live my life on a daily basis?  What my struggles are, my fears, temptations, victories.

This forum isn't life or church or real community.  You can't "know" people here on a personal level. 

On this forum, our fruit is our words, the beliefs we hold by the words we type.  Those who know me might have noticed that I've slightly changed for the better since joining and have corrected most of the false doctrines I used to adhere to.

It is nice to know you're gender, I for one am tougher on a man than a woman for obvious reasons.  We had one woman on here once who held to many strange beliefs so her husband was contacted, but it turned out she learned them from him!  LOL.

Don't play the victim card if you hold to any number of heresies and blasphemies.  Instead, get right with God.

If someone called you a "sipping saint" (me?) then maybe you think alcohol is ok, it's not.  If someone called your actions ecumenical, then maybe they were trying to tell you it's not alright to yoke with the RCC or other specific groups.

If you're truly surrendered, maybe the Holy Ghost is trying to point you to Christ and His Word about the things you're not right with God about.

Regardless, please do not leave.  Stay, learn and contribute.

• Members

On this forum, our fruit is our words, the beliefs we hold by the words we type.  Those who know me might have noticed that I've slightly changed for the better since joining and have corrected most of the false doctrines I used to adhere to.

It is nice to know you're gender, I for one am tougher on a man than a woman for obvious reasons.  We had one woman on here once who held to many strange beliefs so her husband was contacted, but it turned out she learned them from him!  LOL.

Don't play the victim card if you hold to any number of heresies and blasphemies.  Instead, get right with God.

If someone called you a "sipping saint" (me?) then maybe you think alcohol is ok, it's not.  If someone called your actions ecumenical, then maybe they were trying to tell you it's not alright to yoke with the RCC or other specific groups.

If you're truly surrendered, maybe the Holy Ghost is trying to point you to Christ and His Word about the things you're not right with God about.

Regardless, please do not leave.  Stay, learn and contribute.

Our "words" are not always going to agree, especially since I am not IFB.  That does not give others an excuse to be disrespectful.

I'm not getting into the alcohol discussion again but that is name-calling, whether you agree with me on a particular subject or not. I never even specified that I drank just that I didn't believe in abstinence.  You have no right to indicate that I need to get right with God or that I blasphemed or heretical.

My surrendering is between me and God.  I am accountable to him only, not anyone on this forum.

I'm not yoked with RCC.  That was said in a CCM thread which had nothing to do with RCC, but yet it was inferred anyway. 

All of us have to learn and grow and we have our daily struggles.  Insults and insinuations don't help in the process.

• Moderators

ok fine if you insist

I will put you and Grace on my ignore list that way my fellowship here is only with those who are not outside the word of God.

seeing I cant put you on a an ignore list this will be my last communication with you

You never answered the question...

And, tip? I'm just discussing right now. Howvever, when mods speak as mods it is not a good idea to ignore them.

• Members

Our "words" are not always going to agree, especially since I am not IFB.  That does not give others an excuse to be disrespectful.

I'm not getting into the alcohol discussion again but that is name-calling, whether you agree with me on a particular subject or not. I never even specified that I drank just that I didn't believe in abstinence.  You have no right to indicate that I need to get right with God or that I blasphemed or heretical.

My surrendering is between me and God.  I am accountable to him only, not anyone on this forum.

I'm not yoked with RCC.  That was said in a CCM thread which had nothing to do with RCC, but yet it was inferred anyway. 

All of us have to learn and grow and we have our daily struggles.  Insults and insinuations don't help in the process.

I don't recall calling anyone directly a "sipping saint" but if the shoe fits, that's right, it's between you and the Lord.  However, if you try and tell others on this forum that such a sin is ok, then I will rebuke you.  That's my obligation.

You're getting emotional and not properly comprehending what was written.

What does this verse mean?

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine." 2 Timothy 4:2

Some food for thought:

"A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:" - Proverbs 1:5 

"The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall." - Proverbs 10:8

"The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so." - Proverbs 15:7

• Members

I don't recall calling anyone directly a "sipping saint" but if the shoe fits, that's right, it's between you and the Lord.  However, if you try and tell others on this forum that such a sin is ok, then I will rebuke you.  That's my obligation.

You're getting emotional and not properly comprehending what was written.

What does this verse mean?

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine." 2 Timothy 4:2

Some food for thought:

"A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:" - Proverbs 1:5 

"The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall." - Proverbs 10:8

"The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so." - Proverbs 15:7

2 Timothy 4:2 is referring to preaching the gospel, which is the Good News about salvation.  It's not a scripture for you to pull out of context to use against someone that don't agree with you.

Paraphrasing.

Proverbs 1:5 is the art of governing oneself or others.

Proverbs 10:8 gladly obey direction or fall into ruin.

Proverbs 15:7 communicate to others what they know.

Here is some "food for thought" for you.

Galatians 5:15

Mark 9:50

Romans 12:10

Romans 14:13

• Members

GraceSaved, when I re-joined Online Baptist I was "disappointed."  I was coming from Facebook and wasn't used to be on a Christian forum, again.  Needless to say, I made some enemies.  I almost left.  I made amends and things got better.  My advice is to stick with it.  You are not going to like everybody.  However, Christ commands us to love one another.  Don't let discouraging posts get to you, like they did to me.  Keep your chin up and keep on posting.  Believe it or not,  Online Baptist is quite tame compared to other Christian forums.  May God bless you!

Archived