• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Disappointed

GraceSaved

• Members

For the short time I've been on this site, I have been referred to as a "sipping saint," "relativist," "reformed Calvinist," "ecumenical," "liberal," "professing Christian," and told that I was "marked."

For what?  Because I have a mind, an opinion and can express myself?  Because I made comments on a few topics in a short time?  By this, people know who I am, where I came from, where I'm going, how I live my life on a daily basis?  What my struggles are, my fears, temptations, victories.

This forum isn't life or church or real community.  You can't "know" people here on a personal level. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For the short time I've been on this site, I have been referred to as a "sipping saint," "relativist," "reformed Calvinist," "ecumenical," "liberal," "professing Christian," and told that I was "marked."

For what?  Because I have a mind, an opinion and can express myself?  Because I made comments on a few topics in a short time?  By this, people know who I am, where I came from, where I'm going, how I live my life on a daily basis?  What my struggles are, my fears, temptations, victories.

This forum isn't life or church or real community.  You can't "know" people here on a personal level. 

you forgot I call you a she

One of the reasons I ask about your gender is to know you better.

Unless you open up we can only know you by your words.

• Members

you forgot I call you a she

One of the reasons I ask about your gender is to know you better.

Unless you open up we can only know you by your words.

You don't want to know me better.  You wanted to know my gender to point out if I had a right to post some of the topics I posted.

• Members

You don't want to know me better.  You wanted to know my gender to point out if I had a right to post some of the topics I posted.

knowing your gender is very important in knowing you as a person especially because I can't see you to know the difference.  And by that knowledge I could scripturally address your posts according to your gender.  Because I say things to men differently than to women just a s God's word does.

for example I can encourage you to study 2Tim2:15 but I would not encourage you to teach Christian men.  the first is commanded of all the second is commanded only to women like yourself.

• Members

knowing your gender is very important in knowing you as a person especially because I can't see you to know the difference.  And by that knowledge I could scripturally address your posts according to your gender.  Because I say things to men differently than to women just a s God's word does.

for example I can encourage you to study 2Tim2:15 but I would not encourage you to teach Christian men.  the first is commanded of all the second is commanded only to women like yourself.

This is not church.  You're not my pastor or spouse.  We're all strangers on a forum posting topics.

• Members

This is not church.  You're not my pastor or spouse.  We're all strangers on a forum posting topics.

This is a virtual gathering or assembling place of the body of Christ, believers whether you or anyone else like it, and this truth will stand at the judgement seat of Christ to which you will give account a to how you built on the foundation of Jesus Christ.  the Church your referring to is a building or organization, however the body of Christ is not a building or organization it is a spiritual Body that surpasses walls and time.  So wherever the Body of Christ comes together it is an assembly of believers.  you don't have to agree but it is a truth. Just because they didn't have Internet in Paul's day doesn't mean God didn't speak on the assembly of believers over the Internet.

• Members

This is a virtual gathering or assembling place of the body of Christ, believers whether you or anyone else like it, and this truth will stand at the judgement seat of Christ to which you will give account a to how you built on the foundation of Jesus Christ.  the Church your referring to is a building or organization, however the body of Christ is not a building or organization it is a spiritual Body that surpasses walls and time.  So wherever the Body of Christ comes together it is an assembly of believers.  you don't have to agree but it is a truth. Just because they didn't have Internet in Paul's day doesn't mean God didn't speak on the assembly of believers over the Internet.

We're not "together."  Anyone can come here Christian or not.

• Members

I never claimed any authority over you.  But you do believe the word of God has authority over you don't you?

Of course. The mods on this forum have authority, which you seem to be undermining, because you continue to want to point out my gender and stifle my style of posting topics as teaching to Christian men.  Although this is primarily an IFB site, I am not IFB and do not submit to IFB teachings.

Archived