• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Daniel Rush

The Sons Of God And The Days Of Noah.

That is Augustinian Catholic doctrine from the 4th century. The Catholic church under Roman rule didn't like the idea of angels having sex with women.
BTW, it specifically says "daughters of man" (bath 'adam), not "daughters of Cain".

Spirits cant "have sex".
Heb 1:7
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Anishinaabe

And to Seth, H8352 to him H1931 also there was born H3205 a son; H1121 and he called H7121 his name H8034 Enos: H583

then began men H2490 to call H7121 upon the name H8034 of the LORD. H3068

H2490 = to profane, defile, pollute, desecrate, begin
H7121 = to call, call out, recite, read, cry out, proclaim
H8034 = "The (Divine) Name"  H3068 = Yehovah
In other words they were "taking the name of the Lord in vain"

Of course, if you are a Catholic for the last 1,500 yrs., then you would have been told that men began to worsip the lord.

No sir, Enos, Seth, and all the rest of those named men are in the lineage of Christ and definitely would not profane His name. But that verse is telling about profane, lowdown, lost sinners who called on the name of the Lord and He saved them by grace through faith.

In Noah's day man's corruption, wickedness and violence was great throughout the earth. Gen 6:5, 11

And in Lot's day there was societal acceptance of immorality which was great and grievous and the cry of it was heard by God.  Gen 18:20, 21

This is definitely the oddest thread I have witnessed yet.

Angels having sex? huh

Spirits having sex? huh x 2

What the Bible "should" say? I would be hiding under my desk if I were you

UFOs? Wow, I suppose bigfoot and nessie are driving them

Get a grip people

This is definitely the oddest thread I have witnessed yet.

Angels having sex? huh

Spirits having sex? huh x 2

What the Bible "should" say? I would be hiding under my desk if I were you

UFOs? Wow, I suppose bigfoot and nessie are driving them

Get a grip people

:nuts:

And to Seth, H8352 to him H1931 also there was born H3205 a son; H1121 and he called H7121 his name H8034 Enos: H583 then began men H2490 to call H7121 upon the name H8034 of the LORD. H3068 H2490 = to profane, defile, pollute, desecrate, beginH7121 = to call, call out, recite, read, cry out, proclaimH8034 = "The (Divine) Name" H3068 = YehovahIn other words they were "taking the name of the Lord in vain"Of course, if you are a Catholic for the last 1,500 yrs., then you would have been told that men began to worsip the lord.
"Take" is not a synonym for "say". My wife took my name, at our wedding. She is now: Mrs. Ramsey. She was Miss Riojas. If she went to another house, and lived there, off of someone else's providence, but said, "I'm Mrs. Ramsey", She would have taken my name in empty, worthless, vanity. Talk about fooled by Catholic false doctrine. Anishinaabe Edited by prophet1

Seth's son was called Enosh (Enos), which means "mortal," "frail," or "miserable."

It is from the root anash: to be incurable; used of a wound, grief, woe, sickness, or wickedness.

It was in the days of Enosh that men began to defile the name of the Living God.

Names in Hebrew have "meaning" and in this case prophetic of the sinfullness and depravity of man.

Obviously, the descendents of Cain were many by this time. 

As well, the fallen angels [bene ha' elohim]  had already begun to influence mankind.

How many righteous people were left in the world during the time of Noah?

Edited by beameup

The named individuals of Genesis 5, beginning with Adam and ending with Noah, were all believers in the lineage of Christ. It does not say they defiled his name, it says they called upon his name.

Edited by heartstrings

Giants on the Earth

Genesis 6

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

(At the time of the flood all of Cain’s children died. Therefore when it happens again in our time, the daughters of men can’t be from Cain.)

Jude 1:6-7

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

(The angels went after strange flesh by taking the daughters of mankind for wives.

There have been large skeletons of men found all over the earth. You can see their pictures on you tube.)

Giants on the Earth
Genesis 6
1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

(At the time of the flood all of Cain’s children died. Therefore when it happens again in our time, the daughters of men can’t be from Cain.)

Jude 1:6-7
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

(The angels went after strange flesh by taking the daughters of mankind for wives.

There have been large skeletons of men found all over the earth. You can see their pictures on you tube.)

If you knew English sentence structure, you would know the folly of your post.

Anishinaabe

It was Sodom and Gomorrah which went after strange flesh, in the book of Jude. The angels despised domiinion.

To be more specific, it was the citizens of Sodom and Gomorrah that went after strange flesh.  The inanimate objects, such as buildings, trees, and houses, could not "go after strange flesh."

Hence, the statement that Sodom and Gomorrah suffers "eternal fire" holds true.  The citizens of those two cities are suffering eternal torment to this day.

Shoots down the SDA doctrine of annihilation.

Sorry Eric, but you are wrong. 

Kind begets kind. (see Genesis 1)

If angels were able to reproduce, they would produce angels... not men. 

There is no verse in the Word of God that calls angels "Nephiyl".

Numbers 13:32-33 reveal that the Nephiyl were MEN of great stature.  Not angels, but MEN.

Kind begets kind.  The Nephiyl were nothing more than men of great stature.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

Is any of this edifying at this point? It has become a subject, not of scholarly, scriptural debate, but one of contention and a desire to further an agenda which is unbiblical. Since its already going elsewhere, perhaps I may close this one. Getting tired of the horse being beating contiually around here.

I leads one to see how genetically similar we are to angels, except that angels have multi-dimensional bodies which also we shall have in the future.

No, angels don't have multi-dimensiona bodies-they are spirit, and only are shown in flesh when as messenger of God. That fallen angels cannot do so is seen in the fact that the Bible never mentiones them once doing it, while angels in the work of God often do. Even Satan is never seen in a physical body.

When legion, which means many devils, not just one, sought to be cast out of the man into the swine, it tells me they want to have a body-but they can't have one unless they infest one. Apparently, they may only be able to remove from one either by being cast out, or through death, hence why they chose the swine and killed them, so they were free to go where they chose. Had Jesus fully cast them out of the man, they more than likely would have gone to hell for good. Why did Jesus seem to have mercy on them? Couldn't tell you.

No, angels don't have multi-dimensiona bodies-they are spirit, and only are shown in flesh when as messenger of God. That fallen angels cannot do so is seen in the fact that the Bible never mentiones them once doing it, while angels in the work of God often do. Even Satan is never seen in a physical body.

They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble,
that did shake kingdoms; Isaiah 14:16  (see Isa 14:12-17 Lucifer)

In the account of the two visitors to Lot in Sodom, Lot first says they are angels and then twice after that refers to them as men.
He offered his virgin daughters to the inhabitants of Sodom, but they demanded that the two men be turned over to them.

Lot couldn't offer mere "spirits" to the men of Sodom.  The men of Sodom knew exactly what they could do with these two men.
Remember also that Abraham had eaten with these two "men" before they went to Sodom.
Edited by beameup

Yes, the angels, sent from God to Lot, were in the form of men-angels sent on mission from God to man often appeared as men. But never is Satan in flesh.  That we, in our glorified bodies will see Satan is no surprise, as we will see on a spiritual level, as John did in Revelation.

Also remember, the scripture in Is 14 is both concerning Lucifer/Satan, as well as the literal king of Babylon, who is a man.

No Mike, nothing edifying going on here.

Then again, that's always the case when this topic comes up, which begs the question as to why we (and Christians in general) keep returning to it.

Meanwhile, what are we doing with all the verses which call us to share the Gospel, make disciples, pray continually, let our light shine, to pursue holiness, to be holy, to be perfect, to control our tongues, to esteem others as better than ourselves, to put off the old man and put on the new, to stand in the armour of God, to bear one another's burdens, to be kind, to love one another, etc.?

Like so much of Christianity in general (which we IFBs often claim to be different from) we spend great amounts of time debating about giants, dinosaurs, gap theories, the time of Satan's fall, and such things.

Deuteronomy 29:29 was given to us to point out that God has chose not to tell us everything, but what He has chose to make clear to us is what we are responsible for.

All to often we choose to argue over what God has kept hidden from us (if God hid it, do we really think we can find it out?) while ignoring the clear commands and instructions in Scripture.