• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Sons Of God And The Days Of Noah.

• Members

The time of the translators of the KJV is know historically as the pinnacle of the written English language, and the translators were masters of language to a man.
The average man may have little grasp of punctuation........

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There were Nazis in Europe in the early 1940's; and also after that, when the Americans ramped up their manufacturing on a monumental scale and built up their armed forces, they emerged from WW2 as the most prosperous and powerful nation on earth.

The Nazis' invading of Europe and America's increase of manufacturing and military power all occurred in the early 1940's,  For this reason, and considering the punctuation, the word "after" here has to mean something like "in conformity with" "in accordance with" or "as a consequence of" the fact that the Nazis were conquering Europe.

af·ter /ˈæfthinsp.pngtər, ˈɑf-/  [af-ter, ahf-] 

preposition
behind in place or position; following behind: men lining up one after the other.
later in time than; in succession to; at the close of: Tell me after supper. Day after day he came to work late.
subsequent to and in consequence of: After what has happened, I can never return.
below in rank or excellence; nearest to: Milton is usually placed after Shakespeare among English poets.
in imitation of or in imitation of the style of: to make something after a model; fashioned after Raphael.
in pursuit or search of; with or in desire for: I'm after a better job. Run after him!
concerning; about: to inquire after a person.
with the name of; for: He was named after his uncle.
in proportion to; in accordance with: He was a man after the hopes and expectations of his father.
according to the nature of; in conformity with; in agreement or unison with: He was a man after my own heart. He swore after the manner of his faith.
subsequent to and notwithstanding; in spite of: After all their troubles, they still manage to be optimistic.

• Members

There were nuclear missile silos in the United States during the Cold War; and also after that, when the Soviet Union build up her nuclear armaments, the same became a super power.

Both nations built up their armaments during the time period called "the cold war", but one was a consequence of, in accordance with, or in conformity with the other.

• Members
Job 38

1Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

2Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

3Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

These sons of God where there before man was created.

• Members

Isaiah 51:16 And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.

Questions..

1. Why would God be saying He was going to  "lay the foundations of the earth" , here, if that had already been taken care of at creation?

2. What is "the corner stone"?

3.What makes a "morning star" different from any other star in the Universe?

4. Do "stars" literally "sing"?

5. The "foundations", "corner stone", "laid the measures", "stretch the line" "windows" and "doors" are building construction terms; does Planet earth have literal "windows", "doors", and a "corner stone"?

6. Do you take every verse "literally" or instead take it as THE TRUTH? For instance......

7. ......Psalm 23 says "he maketh me to lie down in green pastures"; have you ever laid down in a literal pasture?(I have :) )

8. If it's not a literal pasture He makes you to lie down in, then it must be something else, right?

For the moment, I'll just say that the Bible specifies exactly what a "son of God" is and never defines it otherwise,( Jhn 1:12,  Rom 8:14Rom 8:19, Phl 2:151Jo 3:1, 3:2) and........

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? Hebrews 1:5

• Members

Job 38
1Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

These sons of God where there before man was created.

1Co 3:11
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

1Pe 2:6
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious:and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

Psa 118:22-24
22 The stone which the builders refused
is become the head stone of the corner.
23 This is the Lord 's doing;
it is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which the Lord hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it.

The Earth has no foundation or corners, it is round, remember?
This is a prophecy concerning Christ.
Psalm 118 is referring to it as well.

Rightly divide.

Anishinaabe

• Members

That's what I think it is too.

There is only one point in "time" where "all the sons of God" will begin to shout for joy and that is when the "corner stone" is laid in "Zion". That would mean every son of God from Adam to the very last person who is born again in the future.

• Members

I believe Hebrews Chapter 1 pretty much explains the role of angels and who the Son of God is. Pay close attention to verse 5.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
Heb 1:11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
Heb 1:12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

• Members

Most Christians believe that when Satan fell, he took 1/3 of the angels with him.

So, what are these "fallen angels" doing now, what have they done in the past

to cause damage to God and his plan of salvation for man, and what possibly

could be their role in the Tribulation?

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan,
which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels
were cast out with him.  Rev 12:9

• Members

Most Christians believe that when Satan fell, he took 1/3 of the angels with him.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan,

Rev. 12:9 is yet future. Why people insist it is past is beyond me. The only thing I can think of is that people believe Milton's Paradise Lost over the bible. The whole context of that passage is yet future. 

• Members

Beameup,

The Third Woe

Revelation 11:12-14

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

Revelation 11:15

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

What happened after the two witnesses finished their 1260 day witness to cause the kingdoms of this world to become the kingdoms of the Lord and his Christ?

Revelation 12:7-17

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

When the devil is defeated by war in heaven at the middle of the tribulation, he is cast to the earth where he will persecute Israel for the last 3.5 years of the tribulation. The devil is the third woe on the earth!

Archived