• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Sons Of God And The Days Of Noah.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In the Greek it just says "Adam Theos", the words "son of" are not in the original text, they are in italics in the King James.

Sticking to the Hebrew Old Testament, bene ha 'elohim always refers to angels, not to man.  The daughters of man are differentiated

from the sons of God in Genesis.  The Holy Spirit did not say "the daughters of Cain", he said bath 'adam.  And they gave birth tonephilim (translaterated).

3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth: 4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Genesis 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Let's look at this.....

#1 Adam was the son of God, correct?

#2 The "sons of God"  "saw the daughters of men....and took wives" WHEN men BEGAN to multiply, correct?

#3 Adam lived 930 years and "begat sons and daughters", correct?

Now let's put it together....

If Adam lived 930 years "begetting sons and daughters", don't you reckon he was around when men "BEGAN to multiply"? So if "the sons of God" were taking "daughters of men when all the multiplying "began" where does that put 930 year old Adam? Did it say "some" of the sons of God? NO, it says THE sons of God so that included Adam since he was one too? 

• Members

Adam was a direct creation of God as were the angels [bene ha 'elohim  Strong's H1129+H430].

The descendents of Adam were "created" by DNA -- "begotten" by his "seed" (sperm).

Adam was created with the elements of the earth.

Jesus was created with the "elements" of Mary's womb, nevertheless He was/is God.

The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 1 Cor 15:47

• Members
It says Adam was a son of God, the rest say they were the son of the previous male in the family line. the English does not state or imply that Joseph or any other except Adam were the sons of God. there are 11 verse in the Bible which hold the term sons (plural) of God. Six of them all found in the New Testament are in reference to believers on Christ. the other five in the Old Testament are: Ge 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Ge 6:4 ¶ There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown. We sill skip these two Job 1:6 ¶ Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. Job 2:1 ¶ Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. When did Seth or any other man go on any day to present themselves before God where Satan would be allowed to come also? I had to have the context of the last verse for sos of God in Job 38 Job 38:4 ¶ Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. 5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? 6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; 7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons (plural) of God shouted for joy? Was Seth or any other man shouting for joy when God laid the foundations of the Earth? If you say Genesis 1 and 2 those persons would be whom?
How about this? Mat 21:42 42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner:this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? Act 4:11-12 11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12 Neither is there salvation in any other:for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Is it possible that "oppositions of science falsely so called" have caused us to miss another reference to Christ? Anishinaabe

• Members

Jesus Christ is "the son of God"  not one of the "son of the god's"

KJV Dan 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

NIV Dan 3L:25 He said, “Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods.

YLT Dan 3:25 He answered and hath said, `Lo, I am seeing four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like to a son of the gods.'

ASV Dan 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the aspect of the fourth is like a son of the gods

I always wonder why the goodnews would use angel but it could be these connect sons of God to be angels

GNT Dan 3:25 Then why do I see four men walking around in the fire?” he asked. “They are not tied up, and they show no sign of being hurt—and the fourth one looks like an angel.

• Members

Adam was a direct creation of God as were the angels [bene ha 'elohim  Strong's H1129+H430].

The descendents of Adam were "created" by DNA -- "begotten" by his "seed" (sperm).

Adam was created with the elements of the earth.

Jesus was created with the "elements" of Mary's womb, nevertheless He was/is God.

The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 1 Cor 15:47

Yes, we all know what "seed" is. But you hit the nail on the head.

A "son" is a begotten being, who carries "seed". Earthly "sons" are males begotten by a father, Jesus was the only "begotten" son of the Heavenly Father. Likewise, Sons of God are begotten spiritually 1 John 5:8 Angels, however, were never begotten physically nor spiritually and were never born physically or spiritually. In short, they were created beings, just like chickens, kangaroos, and elephants, but they do not have God for a Father; only Jesus Christ, and believers can be so.

Hbr 1:5

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

• Members

Exactly! A son is one who is born. There is not one iota of Scripture that speaks of an angel being born.

Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Job 38:4

When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Job 38:7

Can we conclude "thus sayeth the serpent"?

• Members

Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Job 38:4

When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Job 38:7

I was wondering is there anything in the Bible about how angles multiply heaven, or other than they have food that was called manna by Israel do they drink in Heaven, Are we told at all if they age in heaven.  Oh wait that would all be speculation to say that they are not born.

One problem with the angels aren't born so they can't be called sons.  Is that Adam was not born and yet he is called a son.  Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

• Members

Exactly! A son is one who is born. There is not one iota of Scripture that speaks of an angel being born.

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. Job 1:6

• Members

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. Job 1:6

Thus saith the Lord..............

And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD. Genesis 18:22

Gen 27:7

Bring me venison, and make me savoury meat, that I may eat, and bless thee before the LORD before my death.

Exd 6:12

And Moses spake before the LORD, saying, Behold, the children of Israel have not hearkened unto me; how then shall Pharaoh hear me, who am of uncircumcised lips?

Exd 23:17

Three times in the year all thy males shall appear before the Lord GOD.
Exodus 16:9
And Moses spake unto Aaron, Say unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, Come near before the LORD: for he hath heard your murmurings.

2 Samuel 6:14
And David danced before the LORD with all hismight; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

If you say any of these occurred "in Heaven" "before the throne of God"....you have to ADD to the Word of God to do it. And in the verse you quoted above, all it says is "the sons of God" "presented themselves" "before the Lord": and it don't say WHERE.

• Members
Job 2:1-2
Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD,
and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD,
and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Can we consider this "yea sayeth the serpent"?

PS: wasn't the "original sin" the one of pride?

I believe that failure to acknowledge you are

wrong would fall under this category...

Archived