• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Sons Of God And The Days Of Noah.

• Moderators

Is any of this edifying at this point? It has become a subject, not of scholarly, scriptural debate, but one of contention and a desire to further an agenda which is unbiblical. Since its already going elsewhere, perhaps I may close this one. Getting tired of the horse being beating contiually around here.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I leads one to see how genetically similar we are to angels, except that angels have multi-dimensional bodies which also we shall have in the future.

No, angels don't have multi-dimensiona bodies-they are spirit, and only are shown in flesh when as messenger of God. That fallen angels cannot do so is seen in the fact that the Bible never mentiones them once doing it, while angels in the work of God often do. Even Satan is never seen in a physical body.

When legion, which means many devils, not just one, sought to be cast out of the man into the swine, it tells me they want to have a body-but they can't have one unless they infest one. Apparently, they may only be able to remove from one either by being cast out, or through death, hence why they chose the swine and killed them, so they were free to go where they chose. Had Jesus fully cast them out of the man, they more than likely would have gone to hell for good. Why did Jesus seem to have mercy on them? Couldn't tell you.

• Members

No, angels don't have multi-dimensiona bodies-they are spirit, and only are shown in flesh when as messenger of God. That fallen angels cannot do so is seen in the fact that the Bible never mentiones them once doing it, while angels in the work of God often do. Even Satan is never seen in a physical body.

They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble,
that did shake kingdoms; Isaiah 14:16  (see Isa 14:12-17 Lucifer)

In the account of the two visitors to Lot in Sodom, Lot first says they are angels and then twice after that refers to them as men.
He offered his virgin daughters to the inhabitants of Sodom, but they demanded that the two men be turned over to them.

Lot couldn't offer mere "spirits" to the men of Sodom.  The men of Sodom knew exactly what they could do with these two men.
Remember also that Abraham had eaten with these two "men" before they went to Sodom.

• Moderators

Yes, the angels, sent from God to Lot, were in the form of men-angels sent on mission from God to man often appeared as men. But never is Satan in flesh.  That we, in our glorified bodies will see Satan is no surprise, as we will see on a spiritual level, as John did in Revelation.

Also remember, the scripture in Is 14 is both concerning Lucifer/Satan, as well as the literal king of Babylon, who is a man.

• Members

No Mike, nothing edifying going on here.

Then again, that's always the case when this topic comes up, which begs the question as to why we (and Christians in general) keep returning to it.

Meanwhile, what are we doing with all the verses which call us to share the Gospel, make disciples, pray continually, let our light shine, to pursue holiness, to be holy, to be perfect, to control our tongues, to esteem others as better than ourselves, to put off the old man and put on the new, to stand in the armour of God, to bear one another's burdens, to be kind, to love one another, etc.?

Like so much of Christianity in general (which we IFBs often claim to be different from) we spend great amounts of time debating about giants, dinosaurs, gap theories, the time of Satan's fall, and such things.

Deuteronomy 29:29 was given to us to point out that God has chose not to tell us everything, but what He has chose to make clear to us is what we are responsible for.

All to often we choose to argue over what God has kept hidden from us (if God hid it, do we really think we can find it out?) while ignoring the clear commands and instructions in Scripture.

• Members

I leads one to see how genetically similar we are to angels, except that angels have multi-dimensional bodies which also we shall have in the future.

Angels dont have bodies. They are spirits.
They are hidden from our sin cursed eyes, unless God lets them "appear" by opening our eyes.

Anishinaabe

• Members

By Bible tells me the men that Abraham saw, one of them was the Lord, they didn't just look like men they felt like men and had their feet washed and they ate bread, meat and butter.  Remember that the men that appeared Abraham were not revealed to be angels until the next chapter.

Ge 18:1 ¶ And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
 2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
 3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
 4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:
 5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.
 6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.
 7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.
 8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

• Members

No Mike, nothing edifying going on here.

Then again, that's always the case when this topic comes up, which begs the question as to why we (and Christians in general) keep returning to it.

Meanwhile, what are we doing with all the verses which call us to share the Gospel, make disciples, pray continually, let our light shine, to pursue holiness, to be holy, to be perfect, to control our tongues, to esteem others as better than ourselves, to put off the old man and put on the new, to stand in the armour of God, to bear one another's burdens, to be kind, to love one another, etc.?

Like so much of Christianity in general (which we IFBs often claim to be different from) we spend great amounts of time debating about giants, dinosaurs, gap theories, the time of Satan's fall, and such things.

Deuteronomy 29:29 was given to us to point out that God has chose not to tell us everything, but what He has chose to make clear to us is what we are responsible for.

All to often we choose to argue over what God has kept hidden from us (if God hid it, do we really think we can find it out?) while ignoring the clear commands and instructions in Scripture.

:amen: 

I may as well get into conversations with charismatics on Facebook.  What is the point in talking about all of this?   :bang:

• Members

This one subject, I must admit, was one that had a lot to do with encouraging me to get more serious about studying the word of God. We had a pastor, IFB pastor, who seemed to think this subject was important enough to preach/teach during Wednesday night Bible study. He would bring it up again, from time to time, and when he did he would say something like "I know some of y'all won't have that but that don't change what the Word o'God says". He was right, I was one of those who wouldn't have it; Our men's Sunday School teacher would bring it up also, and his views would mirror the pastor's., No one challenged or even said a word in question and I, of course, I wouldn't say a word either to keep from being made to look foolish. Our pastor would start with Genesis 6, then take us to Job chapter 1, Job 38, and the book of Jude citing the "going after strange flesh" argument and he always used the term "cohabited with women". But to my pastor's credit, he did repeatedly admonish us to study the Bible for ourselves.

I think that if Genesis 6 was important enough for God to put in our Bible, it must be important enough to get right as best we can. I have studied it, in depth, but have certainly only scratched the surface. But I think that though it all happened thousands of years ago, the Genesis 6 account must have something to tell us about the here and now.. We live in a world of increasing violence just like they did and Genesis 6 says that God destroyed this world in a flood because of the "wickedness of man was great".We see the same thing is happening today. 2 Timothy 3

It could be that we may be about to witness what Jesus said was going on way back in Genesis 6: We have already been witnessing (and participating in) the "eating and drinking" for some time and now, But since the homosexuals are swiftly gaining sanction from our government, the polygamists will now be screaming for their "rights" as well. Divorce and remarriage has been rampant for some time and we may be seeing polygamy in our own communities very soon too.  Matthew 24:37But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 

One view says "angels" cohabited with human women and thereby procreated giants but the Bible says "sons of God" took wives. A "wife" is a permanent life partner; not a mere "cohabitation". One of the "sons of God", a believer, was ALIVE during the whole 120 years that Noah preached. Noah preached righteousness and "walked with God" and was "perfect in his generations". But that other "son of God" is not recorded as having preached righteousness, or helped build the ark, or "walked with God" like Noah did. I believe that this man was SPARED the flood, but he didn't get to board the ark because he died the same year of the flood; his name was Methuselah.

• Moderators

It surely does have much to say to us today, since, as you said, the end days will be like the days of Noah. So we should seek to learn as we can. granted, an entire 1600 years is only given a couple chapters, so there's not a huge amount there, but we CAn learn some things.

So, ladies, don't get raped by giant angels-When it comes to giant angels, just say no. If you do co-habitate with them, be ready for giant babies-get on those birthing exercises right away!

Seriously, unless giants start moving around again, I don't really believe this is the point we should be learning. Today, we have sons of God and daughters of men-those who are born again, and those who are not, and the Bible tells us clearly that we are not to cohabitate, (commit fornication), or intermarry saved and unsaved, (Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 2Cor 6:14-18)

And to this we can also add keeping the faith pure in the churches with pure doctrine, avoiding false prophets and false teachers, Many so-called churches today are full of doctrines of devils and unsaved preacher, filled with ungodly, carnal music and pagan activities. This is an excellent picture of what happens when the sons of God mix with the daughters of men, particularly in a spiritual sense. We keep bringing the world into the churches and the things of Satan are being mingled with the things of God.

Maybe if we weren't so worried about whether these nephilim were angels or just giants or whatever, and began to look more into the spiritual ungodly mingling of that which is of God and that which is of man or Satan, we might actually have our eyes opened and start following the way we should. Honestly, is anyone really expecting 'nephilim' to return and take wives, except maybe Art Bell?

• Members

It surely does have much to say to us today, since, as you said, the end days will be like the days of Noah. So we should seek to learn as we can. granted, an entire 1600 years is only given a couple chapters, so there's not a huge amount there, but we CAn learn some things.

So, ladies, don't get raped by giant angels-When it comes to giant angels, just say no. If you do co-habitate with them, be ready for giant babies-get on those birthing exercises right away!  I will remember what you said, Mike.   :nuts: 

Seriously, unless giants start moving around again, I don't really believe this is the point we should be learning. Today, we have sons of God and daughters of men-those who are born again, and those who are not, and the Bible tells us clearly that we are not to cohabitate, (commit fornication), or intermarry saved and unsaved, (Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 2Cor 6:14-18)

And to this we can also add keeping the faith pure in the churches with pure doctrine, avoiding false prophets and false teachers, Many so-called churches today are full of doctrines of devils and unsaved preacher, filled with ungodly, carnal music and pagan activities. This is an excellent picture of what happens when the sons of God mix with the daughters of men, particularly in a spiritual sense. We keep bringing the world into the churches and the things of Satan are being mingled with the things of God.

Maybe if we weren't so worried about whether these nephilim were angels or just giants or whatever, and began to look more into the spiritual ungodly mingling of that which is of God and that which is of man or Satan, we might actually have our eyes opened and start following the way we should. Honestly, is anyone really expecting 'nephilim' to return and take wives, except maybe Art Bell?

Great post, that sums up this thread in my opinion.

• Members

So, ladies, don't get raped by giant angels-When it comes to giant angels, just say no. If you do co-habitate with them, be ready for giant babies-get on those birthing exercises right away!

Yes, That was the problem; they were yoking up with the world's people, the world's provisions, and the world's practices. They "saw" that the "daughters of men" were "fair" and, instead of looking for spiritual qualities, they only "saw" the physical ones.

• Moderators

Yes, That was the problem; they were yoking up with the world's people, the world's provisions, and the world's practices. They "saw" that the "daughters of men" were "fair" and, instead of looking for spiritual qualities, they only "saw" the physical ones.

I agree with this, but you know, even if not, it is certainly the lesson we should learn-it was in the end, an issue of breaking of separation-that's been our problem since Eden, and many have still not understood this simple truth.

Archived