• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Sons Of God And The Days Of Noah.

• Members

who believes that the sons of God are the Seth's offspring and who believes they are fallen angels?

They are these people:
Gen 4:26
26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos:then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

Anishinaabe

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Sons of God who came upon the Daughters of man are fallen angels. Who appeared before the Lord twice in Job but the Sons of God and satan.

Heb 1:5
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Looks like somebody doesn't study.

Anishinaabe

• Members

They are these people:
Gen 4:26
26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos:then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

Anishinaabe

It should read "men began to profane the name of the Lord". (ie: breaking the 3rd Commandment)

Things went from bad to worse before the flood of Noah.

Things will go from bad to worse (much worse) before Jesus returns to earth.

"as it was in the days of Noah"

• Members

I asked that about the sons of God because I had one person before tell me that they were the godly line of Seth and the daughters were the daughters of Cain.

So I was kind of testing the waters with that one.

That is Augustinian Catholic doctrine from the 4th century.  The Catholic church under Roman rule didn't like the idea of angels having sex with women.

BTW, it specifically says "daughters of man" (bath 'adam), not "daughters of Cain".

• Members

It should read "men began to profane the name of the Lord". (ie: breaking the 3rd Commandment)

:umno:

call - 

קָרָא  qara' (kaw-raw') v.
1. to call out to (i.e. properly, address by name, but used in a wide variety of applications)

upon - 
 שֵׁם  shem (shame) n-m.
1. an appellation, as a mark or memorial of individuality
2. (by implication) honor, authority, character

• Members

That is Augustinian Catholic doctrine from the 4th century.  The Catholic church under Roman rule didn't like the idea of angels having sex with women.

BTW, it specifically says "daughters of man" (bath 'adam), not "daughters of Cain".

My AV Bible says "daughters of men" Not "daughters of MAN" .  And lest we forget Cain is of Adam.  Not that it matters for the catholic doctrine.

• Members

It should read "men began to profane the name of the Lord". (ie: breaking the 3rd Commandment)
Things went from bad to worse before the flood of Noah.
Things will go from bad to worse (much worse) before Jesus returns to earth.

"as it was in the days of Noah"

The 3rd commandment isn't about profaning anything. And the Scripture says what it says. Unless your name is Moses, you are not more of an authority on what Genesis should say.

Anishinaabe

• Members

In Genesis 4, men "called upon the name of the Lord". This made them "sons of God" by faith(John chapter 1). Genesis 5 names some of these "sons of God", starting with Adam and ending with Noah, and tells how each man lived hundreds of years and "begat sons and daughters". Genesis 6 then continues the story and gives the details of all the 'begetting' mentioned in Genesis 5, of the guys who got saved back in Genesis 4. All of these 'sons of God' are in the lineage of Christ.

• Members

That is Augustinian Catholic doctrine from the 4th century. The Catholic church under Roman rule didn't like the idea of angels having sex with women.

Spirits cant "have sex".
Heb 1:7
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Anishinaabe

• Members
And to Seth, H8352 to him H1931 also there was born H3205 a son; H1121 and he called H7121 his name H8034 Enos: H583

then began men H2490 to call H7121 upon the name H8034 of the LORD. H3068

H2490 = to profane, defile, pollute, desecrate, begin
H7121 = to call, call out, recite, read, cry out, proclaim
H8034 = "The (Divine) Name"  H3068 = Yehovah
In other words they were "taking the name of the Lord in vain"

Of course, if you are a Catholic for the last 1,500 yrs., then you would have been told that men began to worsip the lord.

• Members

No sir, Enos, Seth, and all the rest of those named men are in the lineage of Christ and definitely would not profane His name. But that verse is telling about profane, lowdown, lost sinners who called on the name of the Lord and He saved them by grace through faith.

Archived