• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hollywood; Christians Need To Run From It!

Daniel Rush

• Members

Christians should have nothing to do with Hollywood (Holly wood is the wood of wicca) Not their movies, not Disney, not anything from that filth pit.

I pray everyday that Hollywood gets obliterated off the map.

Somehow, I don't think God would agree with you on this.  He will handle it and has the ultimate say, not man.

• Members

Jesus rebuked His disciples James and John when they wanted to obliterate some sinners.

Christ came to offer salvation to the lost, not to obliterate them. Christ commissioned His followers to spread the Gospel and make disciples, and to do so with love, kindness, gentleness, patience and all the fruits of the Spirit.

"Obliteration" and judgment are to remain in God's hands, according to His timing. In the meantime, we are to pray for the lost to be open to the Gospel and to share the Gospel with the lost and make disciples of those who come to Christ.

• Members

You can't save Hollywood; you can't reform it. Christians should have nothing to do with that industry, not even use it to produce "Christ" looking films....how many can you honestly say came from "Witches-wood" and did not contain blasphemy, abomination and wickedness?

We are to oppose this world and the things this world holds in high esteem and Witches-wood is a stinking rotten pit of self-glorious filth. We should hate it because it hates our Christ.

• Members

This again?  Is this fellowshipping? 

Apparently so, GS.  No, this is not fellowshipping.  Praying "that Hollywood gets obliterated off the map" is not appropriate Christian behavior.  

Did Jesus "obliterate the Apostle Paul, and have him blown off the map" before Paul was saved on the Road to Damascus?  I think not.  God will bring, and has brought many people in Hollywood to the saving knowledge of His son the Lord Jesus Christ.  

• Administrators

Fellowshipping is not the only thing that goes on here, y'all.  We can each express our opinions, right? So can he...

That said - I don't wish it obliterated, although it would be nice if the garbage produced there changed or ended - and the actors all became less important in their minds, in the media, and in the minds of those who all but worship them.  

God obliterated Sodom and Gomorrah and the other cities of the plains because of their sin.  He can do what He wills.  If that is what He wants, it will happen.  Sadly, this world is a den of iniquity, and Hollywood is both a result of that sin and a promotion of that sin.  Christians do need to be more discerning about what they allow into their eye and ear gates, about what they spend their money on and in support of, etc.  

"I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes..."

• Members

Just wondering what is meant by "Hollywood". The city in California full of historical monuments, theaters, museums, businesses, churches(dunno if any are good, never checked), homes, and people? Or the movie industry in general?

If Hollywood the city, then why that city in particular? What makes it worse than Los Angeles,  San Francisco, New York City, Las Vegas, etc....? The name Hollywood might be synonymous with movies, but there are very few studios actually located there, Paramount is the major one and another is one that produces "Christian" films. The majority of movie studios are scattered around cities in CA, other states, and around the world.

In order to "obliterate" the movie industry, you would need to obliterate every means of visual communication: televisions, cell phones, internet, dvd's, computers, cameras, etc...  But we're not finished, "Hollywood" also puts out books, toys, and games.... so now we need to destroy those.....

I don't know about any of you, but the majority of Christians I know are very vocal about the wickedness of the movie industry, I've heard it preached from the pulpits, discussed in the classrooms(Bible college), mentioned while fellowshipping, etc.... The Christians I know are not silent on this issue. But the thing is, the people involved in the movie industry still need the Lord. I will pray for them, not that they or their town will be destroyed, but that they might be saved. Romans 10

Archived