• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

From The Ukraine To War With Russia?

ThePilgrim

• Members

Putin is a deceptive foe, not an ally or someone to be trusted.  He will be helpful when it benefits him while at the same time stab you in the back.  Just like OBama, Kerry and ALL other Statists who are children of wrath, lost and in need of Jesus Christ.

It may appear that OBama slapped his friendly gesture down but I remember the President bowing to Putin (or was it his stooge?).  Also remember Putin making a fool of GW Bush.  As soon as the US Navy retired the F-14 Tomcat, the only long range interceptor in the fleet and its long range Phoenix missiles, Putin wiped the cOBwebs off of cold war bombers and patrol planes and was once again buzzing the Fleet around the world because we were dumb enough to retire a capability and not replace it with a modern one.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think everyone posting here has acknowledged that Putin is concerned for what he thinks is best for Russia, not anyone else.

What's best for Russia is having a measure of control over what goes on right on her doorsteps and we should recognize that.

Why did America get involved in Cuba, the war with Mexico, affairs in Panama, Nicaragua and other South American countries and attempts to invade and take Canada? All for the sake of attempting to secure America, protect her borders and have control over the surrounding area.

At this point in time, that's all Russia is doing and whatever goes on between Russia and Ukraine is their business and even as OBama pointed out has no important national interests of America.

While it's true Russia still has nukes and could use them, that's highly unlikely as Russia would be destroyed in the aftermath. Beyond that, Russia doesn't have the capacity to wage a major, long term conventional war.

America should be on guard against any potential threat but the affairs in Crimea are not such.

• Members

When it comes to OBama, it depends upon which day of the week it as and which side of his face he's speaking from.

One minute Russia is a grave threat and their taking Crimea is a world disaster and the next Russia isn't a threat and the Crimea is no big deal.

Little wonder Putin looks down upon him and a growing number of other world leaders are thinking less of him.

Oh well, if he doesn't completely wreck the train before then, he'll be out of the White House in a little over two years.

• Members

They both need to button up their shirts and wear a tie.  I want to do it for them.   :tapping: 

And, America is the laughing stock of  the world now. Bibi Netanyahu said months ago that Israel cannot depend on the USA anymore.  Once ties are broken with Israel, we can all pack it in.  We're goin' down. 

• Members

OBama has made it clear he only deals with Israel because of political pressure, not because he wants to. He's made it equally clear that he favors the Arabs/Muslims.

Perhaps that's another reason OBama dislikes Putin, since Putin gets tough with Islamic terrorists who threaten Russia while OBama builds them new soccer fields, provides cable TV, good food, and even allows some to have court trials as if they were American citizens.

• Members

OBama has made it clear he only deals with Israel because of political pressure, not because he wants to. He's made it equally clear that he favors the Arabs/Muslims.

Perhaps that's another reason OBama dislikes Putin, since Putin gets tough with Islamic terrorists who threaten Russia while OBama builds them new soccer fields, provides cable TV, good food, and even allows some to have court trials as if they were American citizens.

Oh, without a doubt John.  He is a "closet" Muslim.  

LOL!  You have a point, there.  The Muslims are getting everything under the OBama administration.  It is very sad when Putin looks better than our president.  

When I went to vote, the last time, my husband and I walked up the street to the school.  Muslim women were piling in the place to vote.  All I could think, is "There goes another vote for OBama."   :bigshock:   

• Members

Why the prOBlem in the Ukraine.  Why this faceoff of sorts between two great powers?  Why must OBama and Putin be drawing lines in the sand and warning "thus far and no farther."  What is so important to these men that they seem so willing to threaten not only economic war but world war three.

These men both are surrounded by advisors.  Men who are considered by those in the know to have much knowledge in one field or another.  They have men who are adept at ferreting out information about this, that, or the other, analyzing it, and coming up with recommendations.  OBama has his NSA, CIA, FBI and other information collectors.  Putin has his own alphabet soup of organizations to do the same.  They both have so-called think tanks in their respective capitols who do nothing but analyze the information gleaned by the information collectors, running it through their powerful computers and their much educated minds.   They come up with different scenarios and options for consideration by the closest advisors to the president of their respective nations.  These closest advisors then give their opinions as to what are the proper actions to take in any given situation to their leader.

So OBama and Putin both, supposedly, have the advice of the world's most knowledgeable men.  In another day they would have been called the wise men of the kingdom or empire.  Today we just call them advisors.  So why does OBama end up standing on the very doorstep of Putin demanding that Putin not do this or that on Putin's own doorstep.

(From now on I am going to simplify this my just referring to  OBama)

Hubris.  The simple answer is hubris.  The definition of which is: pride or arrogance.  In Greek tragedy an excess of ambition, pride, etc.  ultimately causing the transgressors ruin.  A prOBlem which afflicts all mankind.  There are none immune to it.  There are some to whom it is a sometime thing and some to whom it is a constant companion.  I believe that to OBama it is a constant companion.

In the 90s this tall, handsome community organizer, with a bright smile, and a talent for giving speeches caught the eye of the important people, the movers and shakers in Chicago and was groomed and urged to run for public office.  He won with his first campaign for the Illinois senate in 1996 with 82% of the vote.  An ego booster for sure.  He was reelected in 98 and 02.  More ego boosts.  Then in 2004 some more mighty important people, important in national and international affairs who had been noticing this up and comer for years, and also monitoring his run for the U.S. senate, decided it was time to move him to the national stage.  The stage was at the May, 2004 Democratic National Convention, a stage with a large important audience watching on their monitors in the back, smoke filled rooms, and other high places.

He came through this audition with flying colors.  The powers that be, the powerful, and just the plain folk loved him.  What an ego boost that must have been.   Also a boost for his U.S. senate campaign which he won with 70% of the vote.  Wow, a double boost.  On the stage of the 2004 Democratic National Convention the powers that be had set the stage for the 2008 Democratic National Convention and from there the rest is history we all know.

From birth at who knows where to the White House.  How could one help but be proud of such an achievement.   The prOBlem is pride comes before a fall.  Remember the definition of hubris: pride or arrogance.  In Greek tragedy an excess of ambition, pride, etc.  ultimately causing the transgressors ruin.  Unfortunately when a man meets his ruin he does not meet it alone and in the case of one who has been lifted as high as OBama, the ruin cannot help but be of gigantic proportions. 

OBama is just a man with an ambition that far exceeds his intellect or innate abilities.  He is not an heroic figure that will change the world for the better.  He is just another tool in the hands of those who really run things.  He is a small man who has been convinced by those who have enabled him that he has done it.   There was a hit song back in the sixties, "I did it my way."  In the final analysis that is not true for any of us, not even OBama.

He has the world's biggest bank account (though it is all fiat money).  He has the world's most powerful military.  But what of lasting benefit to his nation, let alone mankind, has he accomplished.  We are citizens of a bankrupt nation in a world that is bankrupt and on the verge of world war III.  

Why has OBama not been able to do anything of lasting good in his lifetime?  A lack of wisdom.  Oh, he and those around him,  think they are wise, think they  have knowledge and understanding that ordinary folk don't have.  But theirs is a wisdom and a knowledge of the world.  They have no knowledge of God.

Prov 1:7 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

JOB 28:28  "And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding. "

Psa 111:10  "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever. "

Ecc 12:13 " Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."

Unlike Solomon OBama never received such instruction from his father, nor from his step father, nor his mother or grandparents, nor  his communist mentor in his teen years.  I really doubt  he received such instruction in his college years, considering where he went to college and university and who his friends were.  He certainly didn't learn it in his travels to Pakistan or anywhere else in his travels.  He certainly didn't learn it from the reverend Jeremiah Wright.

I really doubt if anyone has ever been given a clear presentation of the gospel to OBama.  I know from Franklin Grahams description of OBama's meeting with Billy Graham that there was no discussion of anything as deep as the gospel.  Billy told OBama he was proud of him and OBama told Billy how much he respected him.  They discussed golf and other unimportant things to the nation or world.   Descriptions of this meeting can be found on the internet.

I don't know why Billy Graham was proud of OBama.  But telling OBama he was proud of him wouldn't hurt OBama's ego any.

I am getting tired and I've ran out of things to say about a man who is doing more than any man in history up to this point to bring us to the time of Antichrist.  He won't be it, but he is weakening this nation, readying it for impotence or destruction.  Someone, somewhere, sometime, in the not to distant future is going to take the opportunity to fill the void of leadership in the world.  It is a big void and getting bigger with each passing day.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

Weird things going on up there Matt!  

OBama has given the code words to let Putin know he can do whatever he wants in that region.  That means that while he might oppose them politically and militarily, he will not let the military win.  It's the same old playbook they've been using for a hundred years.

OBama has given the code words to let Putin know he can do whatever he wants in that region.  That means that while he might oppose them politically and militarily, he will not let the military win.  It's the same old playbook they've been using for a hundred years.

OBAMAHEART

"You will support it from our lands in the north while I gain English favor by condemning it, and ordering it opposed from our lands in the south."

European

U.S. CONGRESS

"It is time to survive. You're the seventeenth ROBert Bruce. The sixteen before you passed you land and title because they didn't charge in. Call a meeting of the nOBles."

Congressman                                                                                                                                                       with the Senate

"But they do nothing but talk."

"Rightly so. They're as rich in English titles and lands as they are in Scottish, just as we are."

with status quo as they are without it

Yes, I watched the heathen movie before.

• Administrators

I missed that one, HC.  Can you expand on it?

Certainly.  Here is an article regarding it - sadly, the former GOP Senator from Indiana, Lugar, was also part of it.  His close alliance with BO was one of the reasons he was defeated in the last senatorial election (even though the media still tries to portray it as being because he didn't live here anymore...Neither did Dan Coats, but he was recruited to move back here and won handily, so that wasn't it [believe me, I was very involved in it, and I know...]). Sadly, the media went into overdrive with lies, and even Christians voted for Donnelly instead of Mourdock.  Ah, well...

Anyway, back to your question (this article was written in 2005):  http://www.fas.org/asmp/campaigns/MANPADS/2005/LugarOBama.htm

They visited Ukraine together, viewed their weapons, and called for the destruction of them. Of course, it sounds wonderful when they talk about all those weapons terrorists like to get, etc.  But if they had those weapons now, they'd be able to protect themselves.   Use the code words "terrorists" or "it's for the children" and they can destroy anything they want...

Here's another article. I'm going to post a quote of it here because there are some advertisements on the page that are inappropriate.  This is the site address, though, since I'm quoting it (this article was written today):  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2573557/Flashback-Senator-OBama-pushed-destruction-15-000-TONS-ammunition-400-000-small-arms-1-000-anti-aircraft-missiles-Ukraine.html

As a U.S. senator, Barack OBama won $48 million in federal funding {NOTE THAT: our tax dollars were used...HC] to help Ukraine destroy thousands of tons of guns and ammunition – weapons which are now unavailable to the Ukrainian army as it faces down Russian President Vladimir Putin during his invasion of Crimea.

In August 2005, just seven months after his swearing-in, OBama traveled to Donetsk in Eastern Ukraine with then-Indiana Republican Senator Dick Lugar, touring a conventional weapons site.

The two met in Kiev with President Victor Yushchenko, making the case that an existing Cooperative Threat Reduction Program covering the destruction of nuclear weapons should be expanded to include artillery, small arms, anti-aircraft weapons, and conventional ammunition of all kinds.

After a stopover in London, the senators returned to Washington and declared that the U.S. should devote funds to speed up the destruction of more than 400,000 small arms, 1,000 anti-aircraft missiles, and more than 15,000 tons of ammunition.

Photographs from the trip show OBama inspecting a plant where Soviet-era artillery shells and shoulder-fired missiles were collecting dust, leftovers dumped in Ukraine after the USSR withdrew from Eastern bloc nations after the once-mighty communist nation fell apart.

The United Nations had already identified some 7 million small arms and light weapons, and 2 million tons of conventional ammunition, warehoused in more than 80 weapons depots spread across the country.

Many of the artillery shells shown in photographs from Donetsk, multiple weapons experts told MailOnline, would be the same types of ammunition required to repel advancing Russian divisions as they advanced to the west, had they not been destroyed.

Two experts said the ammunition, particularly small-arms rounds, would have been useful to train Ukraine's armed forces and million-strong reserves.

'Vast stocks of conventional munitions and military supplies have accumulated in Ukraine,' OBama said in am August 30, 2005 statement from Donetsk. 'Some of this stockpile dates from World War I and II, yet most dates from Cold War buildup and the stocks left behind by Soviet withdrawals from East Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungry and Poland.'

'We need to eliminate these stockpiles for the safety of the Ukrainian people and people around world, by keeping them out of conflicts around the world.'

More than a year later, President George W. Bush signed into law a proposal authored by OBama and Lugar. [Trio of "peacekeepers.Ha! HC]

OBama said then that the existing Cooperative Threat Reduction Program 'has effectively disposed of thousands of weapons of mass destruction, but we must do far more to keep deadly conventional weapons like anti-aircraft missiles out of the hands of terrorists.'

Much of the Ukrainian small-arms supply was ultimately exported, not scrapped, by a Yushchenko regime that chose revenue from arms dealing over the cost of melting down metal.

In 2008 the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute reported that between 2004 and 2007, the Ukrainian Export Control Service told the UN that it sent 721,777 small arms and light weapons to 27 different countries. 

The United States was the top recipient, with more than 260,000 of those weapons, followed by the UK and Libya, which each imported more than 101,000.

That flood of weapons exports has continued, with annual export records showing hundreds of thousands of new exports each year, covering everything from pistols and carbine rifles to heavy machine guns and anti-tank weapons.

But while today's 130,000-strong standing Ukrainian military isn't short on AK-47s, Russian troops have met little to no large-scale resistance from armored divisions or heavy artillery as they steamrolled their way into Crimea.

Some of that was Ukraine's own doing – it sold 320 tanks to Pakistan in the 1990s, for instance – but OBama and Lugar accelerated the pace of the country's arms liquidation.

While the Ukrainian army seems to have been careful to avoid provoking an even larger conflict, it's impossible to know whether Putin would have behaved differently in the face of columns of heavy weapons that once belonged to the Soviet Union in whose KGB he held a high-ranking position.

Sky News video broadcast on Tuesday showed Russian troops firing automatic weapons over the heads of apparently unarmed Ukrainian Air Force personnel near a contested airfield in Crimea.

• Members

Just when I think I have heard it all about OBama, something new crops up.  Thanks for sharing, HC.  When OBama first popped on the scene, I investigated him.  I smelled a rat from the start.  OBama is also George Soros' and Henry Kissinger's puppet.  I believe they are the "Puppet Masters."  Kissinger is grooming him as leader of the New World Order.  Somehow, I don't think it is going to happen, though.  The Democrats are even jumping ship on OBama.  If he doesn't pull Martial Law, he will be out in two years, as John said.  If Bible Believing Christians don't unify and vote for candidates like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, I believe we are done as a nation, and also as a world.  We need to take this country back to it's Constitutional roots, or it is drastically going to change us, and we will become a socialist country.  

Archived