• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Old Is The Earth

• Moderators

Again, I agree, but to call someome a serpent, a liar and a heretic is going too far.

Jesus called peter Satan, but that was concerning his unwillingness to accept the plan of salvation, not over a disagreement on how something is interpreted.

As I said, I disagree as well, and you can point out inconsistencies as you see them, but do so peaceably, please.

• Members

Who said I was angry? I am not angry at all.

I merely point out the inconsistencies in AVBB's teaching, and with whom they are actually more in agreement with. The gap does question God's Word, just as the serpent did in the garden.

And the AV states that the earth was created within a six-day period of time. To say a creator took more time than that is to point to another than the one in Scripture.

SFIC, I am certain you are not angry.  However, sometimes your posts come across being very brutal.  It appeared to me that you were attacking AVBB.  Your words, "Yea hath God said,..." does refer to the serpent in the Book of Genesis.  I got the impression that you were referring to AVBB as the devil.  I do not believe in the "Gap Theory" however, I don't bash anyone for their beliefs, nor do I indicate to them that they are unsaved.  That is what you were doing.  Just because AVBB believes in the "Gap Theory" doesn't mean he is not a child of God.  KWIM?

• Members

Don't we have enough trouble with the lost in the world, without having to be concerned about attacks from the brethren?

SFIC doesn't think AVBB is brethren, Candlelight. He thinks AVBB is lost, and Swath affirms that view. Here's the logic of SFIC's 'different Jesus' statement:

1. No-one is saved except through Jesus Christ.

2. Any who believe that the world was created in more than six days believe in a different Jesus.

3. AVBB believes the world was created in more than six days.

4. Ergo AVBB believes in a different Jesus.

5. Ergo AVBB is unsaved.

Last time I saw SFIC use this 'different Jesus' argument was on an alcohol thread about a year ago and at the time he concluded that quite a few people on the thread were unsaved. SFIC isn't being so direct about it this time, instead he's posed the accusation as a question as if he doesn't know full well that AVBB holds to a gap theory.

So there you go. The ultimate conclusion of the argument, of course, is that if a person has an incorrect view about any part of scripture whatsoever, by so doing they worship a different Jesus and are thus unsaved.

• Members

SFIC doesn't think AVBB is brethren, Candlelight. He thinks AVBB is lost, and Swath affirms that view. Here's the logic of SFIC's 'different Jesus' statement:

1. No-one is saved except through Jesus Christ.

2. Any who believe that the world was created in more than six days believe in a different Jesus.

3. AVBB believes the world was created in more than six days.

4. Ergo AVBB believes in a different Jesus.

5. Ergo AVBB is unsaved.

Last time I saw SFIC use this 'different Jesus' argument was on an alcohol thread about a year ago and at the time he concluded that quite a few people on the thread were unsaved. SFIC isn't being so direct about it this time, instead he's posed the accusation as a question as if he doesn't know full well that AVBB holds to a gap theory.

So there you go. The ultimate conclusion of the argument, of course, is that if a person has an incorrect view about any part of scripture whatsoever, by so doing they worship a different Jesus and are thus unsaved.

I gathered that by the posts the SFIC and swath were making to AVBB.  That is totally wrong and extremely unacceptable on a Christian forum.  This thread is ridiculous, in fact.  I agree with John's post above.  And, women are emotional?   :eek   If I were looking on this site, and came across this thread, this would be the last place I would look to fellowship or to help me find the truth, if I were unsaved.   :runforhills:   Shame on them!  We are not the Holy Spirit.  Last I checked, God was on the thrown, not SFIC or swath, or any person on this site, for that matter.  People need to stop playing the Holy Spirit.  It is not up to man to judge who on this forum in saved and who is unsaved.  I believe people on OB are children of God.  Just because I may not agree with something they say, or how they chose to live their lives, doesn't give me the power to judge their salvation.  None of us are "The Great I am."  

• Members

Thanks guys but I have seen this all before.  I put them on my ignore list so I don't see what they are writing it only makes me angry. 

But it has been my experience that when they are confronted they will only try and justify their statements and make it seem they have done nothing wrong.

I have seen this in the filed and here in the States it is a constant truth just as constant as the Gospel itself.

• Members

Thanks guys but I have seen this all before.  I put them on my ignore list so I don't see what they are writing it only makes me angry. 

But it has been my experience that when they are confronted they will only try and justify their statements and make it seem they have done nothing wrong.

I have seen this in the filed and here in the States it is a constant truth just as constant as the Gospel itself.

You're welcome, AVBB.  No justification will work, to weasel out of unkind remarks to a brother in Christ.  If anything, God knows their actions, and that is really all that matters.  

Why Christians act like this is beyond me.  I have seen this many times on Facebook.  That is the reason I came back to Online Baptist.  No one should be attacked on a Christian site.  It is deplorable!  

• Members

Always worth pointing out what's really being said for others that may be reading, though. Later on, if I get time, I'll find the other thread where I saw STIC make and defend this argument.

Thanks, Al.  I would like to read that one.  There is no excuse for poor Christian behavior.  When I have made a mistake, I apologize.  Whether I am wrong or right, isn't the issue.  Who started it, isn't either.  Christians should apologize for their non-Christian behavior.  I don't treat my two dogs like this.  *sigh*

• Moderators

It is evident to all that there is contention between SFIC & AV. This is between them (and the mods, if necessary) to sort out. For anyone else to discuss the subject, or to take sides on it, only extends the disagreement. If you are not part of the problem, it is better not to make yourself part of it.

"He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears." (Prov. 28:17)

:11backtotopic:

• Members

First of all, I believe the "gap theory" (now called the "gap fact" by some) is false.  The only Scripture I'm going to use is Exodus 20:11:

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Secondly, are you folks not "judging" SFIC?  Did he ever state that AVBB is not saved because he teaches the "gap theory"?  He (SFIC) is coming against the false teaching, not the person.  Are we not to judge the teaching of those who name the Name of Christ as Lord and Savior?  Aren't we supposed to be "biblical Bereans"? (Acts 17:11)?  I just can't "buy into" the "agree to disagree" cliche when it comes to the false teaching of God's Word.

Here's the link to an  article written by the late Franklin G. Huling: "Is It Right To Judge?"

Edited by LindaR

• Members

It is evident to all that there is contention between SFIC & AV. This is between them (and the mods, if necessary) to sort out. For anyone else to discuss the subject, or to take sides on it, only extends the disagreement. If you are not part of the problem, it is better not to make yourself part of it.

"He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears." (Prov. 28:17)

:11backtotopic:

From the first slight I asked him to stop communicating with me and he refused.  Then I asked him again and again, I finally just had to add him to the ignore list just so I could straighten my short hairs as they say.

I tried very hard not to respond in like,  I never made accusations or placed him in an a typical labeled box or ever questioned his salvation because of his personal remarks towards me.

Now from ministerial experience these types of brethren find fault in those they disagree, looking and searching for anything to which they can continue to point a fault.   They will act like a hound dog sniffing out anything just to pick a bone of contention. There is no convincing them they are being less than gracious or loving ,and they will always feel it is scriptural and they are guided by the Holy Ghost.  They always justify themselves, and it takes a real move of the Holy Ghost in their life to get them to change. 

It has been my experience in counseling many brothers in Christ who are like this over the years(and they are in every culture and race upon this planet), they have somehow grieved the Holy Ghost in this practice and as such they tend not to hear the Holy Ghost speaking directly, indirectly, through others or through scriptures.  And they always have to have the last word in any given situation.  It gets to a point one must just ignore them and let them be to their own devices.

Thanks for taking the time to point out to our brothers (me included) that we need to be sure we attack the message and not the messenger so to say.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever

• Moderators

Thanks for taking the time to point out to our brothers (me included) that we need to be sure we attack the message and not the messenger so to say.

Actually, I was pointing out that you need to take it private and the rest of us need to stop talking about it. So let's, um, stop. Capische?

• Members

Let's see, i teach what the Bible says concerning Creation. AVBB does not.

And I am unteachable? Not led by the Holy Ghost?

Funny, AVBB is the one who is showing signs of being unteachable and not allowing the Holy Ghost to lead.

And to show his refusal to accept what the Bible says, he puts me on ignore. Ironic.