• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Old Is The Earth

• Members

After 14 pages we have nothing but argument and speculation.

How much simpler to accept the Word of God as true, face the fact we may have a very general idea as to what year it is since creation but we can't pinpoint an exact time. If this were important, Scripture would make it all clear. The important point is to accept the creation account as given and trust that God knows the time and what He has said regarding the future will come to pass.

Surely there are more important things for us to spend our time on.

• Members

Dave do you believe that Adam forfeited his authority over the earth to Satan when he sinned?

If so then you believe something that is not in the Bible.

But I have heard many godly Christian men say it and preach it.

Why would you suggest I believe something that I have not said?

Your form of argument is strange to say the least.

• Members

Why would you suggest I believe something that I have not said?

Your form of argument is strange to say the least.

It was a question not a statement.  I asked if you did not that you did.

It is just I have heard plenty of IFB teach it that is all.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever

• Members

By the way, God would not create something incomplete and in darkness.  I just can't see A perfect and holy God creating something that was not whole and complete when I look at all he made from Gen 1:3-30 I never see anything incomplete.

And despite anyone best arguments, the statement structure of the English has a section change at Genesis verse 3. which indicates a separation of thought from the previous two verses.  This indicates that the day did not start until light was called forth and not before.

• Members

Many people say they can't see God sending people to hell forever, or creating a literal hell, or saving really wicked people who turn to Him, or giving His Son for us, etc., etc..

We are not edified by trying to find what isn't in Scripture or speculating upon what God has not seen fit to tell us. Why strain at gnats? Our call is much higher.

• Members

By the way, God would not create something incomplete and in darkness. I just can't see A perfect and holy God creating something that was not whole and complete when I look at all he made from Gen 1:3-30 I never see anything incomplete.

And despite anyone best arguments, the statement structure of the English has a section change at Genesis verse 3. which indicates a separation of thought from the previous two verses. This indicates that the day did not start until light was called forth and not before.

Look again.

He created Adam with no life in him. He subsequently breathed life into him. Adam was first dead.

By the way, for a period of time Adam was also without a mate while the animals had mates.

* edited to add: God creates every human born today in the darkness of the womb. Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

And that is another thing not mentioned and it surely wasn't made during the six days of the work of God in Gen 1.

When was hell, the everlasting fire made?

Mt 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Hell is found 54 times in the Bible yet we know not when it was made.  An interesting note on the word hell Paul does not mention hell once in the church writings Romans-Philemon.

• Members

Look again.

He created Adam with no life in him. He subsequently breathed life into him. Adam was first dead.

By the way, for a period of time Adam was also without a mate while the animals had mates.

you are incorrect he was not finished with Adam until he had breathed into him.  It is never said there was no life in Adam and he was not a living soul until God breathed into him.  You do injustice to the scriptures

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.