• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Old Is The Earth

• Members

I think the passage is pretty clear myself..........

Especially in reference to your previous words that he quoted.

The Bible certainly seems to disagree with you - and that is without any reference to any other doctrines from any other source.........

• Members

I think the passage is pretty clear myself..........

Especially in reference to your previous words that he quoted.

The Bible certainly seems to disagree with you - and that is without any reference to any other doctrines from any other source.........

Once again, there is no Biblical proof at all that this is referring to a 'head devil'. The subject of this section of scripture is Nebuchadnezzar, not Satan.

People wanna lift up "Lucifer" to the point that he has prophetic verses 'talking' about him, like people can read about the prophetic verses about the Lord Jesus in O.T., and 'add'

to Satan's abilities Godlike references as to his 'power' before he was Satan.

The only way to 'prove' Satan was an angelic being called Lucifer is to add to God's word a 'gap theory'.

Hence, false teaching.

Where is any other record in scripture that Lucifer was/is/ever shall be a devil at all?

I don't think this is an important 'doctrine' that we should focus our beliefs around, yet the minds of Baptists looking for 'exciting things' hidden in scripture

love this kinda stuff, and miss out on the facts of scripture. Conspiracy theorists do the same thing.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• 6 years later...
  • Members
On 2/18/2014 at 9:45 AM, Salyan said:

That depends (the salvation bit, I mean). A gap theory that allows for death before sin (which some believe - don't know if you do, but that is the classic theory) completely negates the physical penalty for sin and plays havoc with the whole need for salvation. 

The knowledge of the world, the science of the world and the wisdom of the world is foolishness as revealed by what is written in the Bible.

To deceive babies, little children, young children,  adolescents, teens, young adults, and others 

just set them in a classroom and let the teacher tell them "millions of years ago" .

People are and have been deceived and brainwashed so easily,   even way too many in churches.

On 11/17/2014 at 11:21 AM, Ukulelemike said:

ALL of Genesis 1, into Genesis 2, as taken at face value, disproves a gap. Seven days, six of creation from "God created the heaven and the earth", to "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made." 

I also provide, at the giving of the Sabbath, in Ex 20, one reason for the Sabbath was the creation week: "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."   Ex 31: 17: "It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed."  

In SIX days, the earth, the heaven, specifically meaning not just heaven as we think it, but literally the space to put eveything in, and the sea. Six days, no room for anything before it.

I left off/edited out "for proof against (ungodly science) " as 

it is not really necessary to prove ungodly science is wrong - it is wrong by default , continually,  being always opposed to the Creator as well as denying all Truth.

Wrangling over words is not a good thing to do ,  as some on this forum have attempted to entangle the threads in ungodly sources and ungodly ideas for a long time,  to no one's benefit directly.  (God does cause those errors posted to work out to the good of those who love God and who are called according to HIs Purpose, as He Says in His Word).

• Members

"THE BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW IS SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE

Biblicists believe that the biblical worldview best explains the world in which we live. It is scientific in that it fits the facts of observation."

Many proofs , all of the proof agrees with all of the observations ever,  the Bible is true.

Science and medicine experienced, learned, and posted about by those in favor of the carnal world is opposed to Godliness and contradicts God's Word directly and all the time,  every day.  

www.wayoflife.org/database/creation_museum.html