• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Romans 14 - One Of The Primary Classical Texts For Excusing Their Sin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anishinaabe are an indigenous tribes of North America that inhabited the Red lake area in Minnesota.

the literal meaning of the word is first people or original people.

Prophet1, why do you sign your post as such?

I am a missionary, among the Anishinaabe.

Anishinaabe

• Members

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences
contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. Romans 16:17

The Word itself divides, even the wheat from the chaff.  The Doctrine that Paul speaks of, is the very Doctrine of Jesus Christ, which came from the Father:

Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. John 7:16

If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; 1 Timothy 6:3

If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained. 1 Timothy 4:6

For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law. Proverbs 4:2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; Titus 1:1

But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 1 Timothy 6:11

My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness. Psalms 119:172

And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. 1 Peter 2:8, for as Paul says they "do not obey the Truth" [Romans 2:8]

Truth:

"Thy righteousness [is] an everlasting righteousness, and thy law [is] the truth." [Psalms 119:142]

"Thou [art] near, O LORD; and
all thy commandments [are] truth." [Psalms 119:151]

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy
word is truth." [John 17:17]

"
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." [John 14:6]

"This is he that came by water and blood, [even] Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because
the Spirit is truth." [1 John 5:6]

"All the paths of the LORD [are] mercy and
truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies." [Psalms 25:10]

"[He is] the
Rock, his work [is] perfect: for all his ways [are] judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right [is] he." [Deuteronomy 32:4]

"Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour
the King of heaven, all whose works [are] truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase." [Daniel 4:37]

• Members

I am a missionary, among the Anishinaabe.

Anishinaabe

Are they also on a "rez"?  I have been out among the Diné [Navajo].  Do they suffer from alcoholism, as other tribes, and various diseases [hypertension, diabetes, etc] caused by their diet and lifestyle [bad lungs, smoking, open fire stoves, etc]?  is there any issues with gambling?  Just curious, as that is rampant out here with them.

• Members

Are they also on a "rez"?  I have been out among the Diné [Navajo].  Do they suffer from alcoholism, as other tribes, and various diseases [hypertension, diabetes, etc] caused by their diet and lifestyle [bad lungs, smoking, open fire stoves, etc]?  is there any issues with gambling?  Just curious, as that is rampant out here with them.

Kind of a derogatory statement, don't you think?

• Members

Does the Bible speak about the gifts of the Holy Spirit? is one of those gifts in "diversities of tongues [languages]" 1 Corinthians 12:28? Does the Bible also speak about "interpret[ing]" 1 Corinthians 14:27, etc and that a person may also that speaks in a foreign language also may have the ability to interpret it [1 Corinthians 14:13]? Did the various Holy men of God, speaking as they were moved by the Holy Spirit, the Bible writers themselves speak in multiple languages and translate for their audience? Here are some examples of that:

"...the writing of the letter [was] written in the Syrian tongue, and interpreted in the Syrian tongue." [Ezra 4:7;p];

"...whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans." [Daniel 1:4] [the Book of Daniel was written in several langauges];

"...Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, GOD with us." [Matthew 1:23;p];

"...Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise." [Mark 5:41;p]

"...Golgotha, which is, being interpreted, The place of a skull." [Mark 15:22;p]

"...Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" [Mark 15:34;p];

"...Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,)..." [John 1:38;p];

"...Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ." [John 1:41;p];

"...shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone." [John 1:42;p];

"...called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha." [John 19:13;p];

"...insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood." [Acts 1:19;p];

"...Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,)..." [Acts 4:36];

"...a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda." [John 5:2;p];

"...he spake unto [them] in the Hebrew tongue, saying,..." [Acts 21:40;p];

"...they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,..." [Acts 22:2;p];

"...I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? [it is] hard for thee to kick against the pricks." [Acts 26:14;p];

"And they had a king over them, [which is] the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon." [Revelation 9:11];

"And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people," [Revelation 14:6];

"...into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon." [Revelation 16:16;p]].

Was the Bible written in a single language or multiple, like various Hebrew, Aramaic [Chaldee] and Koine Greek? Will you then follow the Biblical command: "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

The questions were asked, and given in English alongside the Greek, which is what the NT was written in primarily, also that we ask of Romans 14. The answer is obvious, and not difficult for those which have prayed unto God for discernment that we may understand the "deep" things of God by His Holy Spirit:

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 1 Corinthians 2:10

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. John 16:13

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. John 17:17

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5

None of this answers the question of where the Biblical mandate is for you to speak in a language that the persons you are speaking with don't speak. I would also venture that it is not the language you were born in, either.

Since you avoided the question, I assume that you have an ulterior motive, to move from the English, and that you are concealing it.

You have sought to reject the simple request of keeping the discussion within the text of the English KJB.

If your god can't use the English Scriptures to teach his word to English speaking peoples, then maybe you have a different god than mine.

Anishinaabe

• Members

None of this answers the question of where the Biblical mandate is for you to speak in a language that the persons you are speaking with don't speak. I would also venture that it is not the language you were born in, either.

Since you avoided the question, I assume that you have an ulterior motive, to move from the English, and that you are concealing it.

You have sought to reject the simple request of keeping the discussion within the text of the English KJB.

If your god can't use the English Scriptures to teach his word to English speaking peoples, then maybe you have a different god than mine.

Anishinaabe

He doesn't answer questions he doesn't like.

He either gives a totally irrelevant ( and usually long) answer, asks questions about the question that are designed to shift the subject elsewhere, or simply ignores the question.
Oh and occasionally tells you that it is off topic.

It is his manner to avoid accountability and to deceive with misinformation and misapplication.

• Members

He doesn't answer questions he doesn't like.

He either gives a totally irrelevant ( and usually long) answer, asks questions about the question that are designed to shift the subject elsewhere, or simply ignores the question.
Oh and occasionally tells you that it is off topic.

It is his manner to avoid accountability and to deceive with misinformation and misapplication.

I fully agree brother. It is sophist reasoning that he employs and the contortions of scripture are truly amazing.

Many if us have put him and others on ignore lists so we don't see what they are posting.

I did so because it became to emotional for me as I saw the word of God manipulated to the point to allow sinful behaviour to which I just wanted to spit.  People like these are wolves in sheep's clothing.  they are dangerous

• Members

There was a troll here not unlike this one some time back who also would make long and numerous posts and refused to answer most of our questions. Coincidence?

Well I have asked him directly if he has ever been a member of this forum under another name, and he refuses to answer at all.

I can only surmise from this that he has been here before and been banned for it - he won't answer so what else can I think?

Archived