• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Romans 14 - One Of The Primary Classical Texts For Excusing Their Sin

• Members

Romans 14 - one of the primary classical texts for excusing their sin

Romans 14 is so often abused, "wrest[ed]" [2 Peter 3:16] and misused by all manner of peoples, to excuse their various sins [1 John 3:4], because only certain portions of the text are read and/or cited independently of all other contextual witness, of not only the immediate passages themselves and closest surrounding, but also of the whole letter of Romans, and even further in the other Epistles [like Corinthians, etal.] written by the same author – Paul the Apostle, under the Holy Spirit.

Romans 14, who is ready to understand Romans 14?  if one is ready, then there are some questions that we may ask of the text.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No one has any interest in your twisted manipulation of any Scripture regardless of which passage you choose.

Can you then explain Romans 14 to me?  I would very much like to hear it, and I would like to ask some questions [which will be speciifc] of you about it.  If you have the answers from Scripture, surely you would want me to know it that I may believe as you do?

• Members

Can you then explain Romans 14 to me? I would very much like to hear it, and I would like to ask some questions [which will be speciifc] of you about it. If you have the answers from Scripture, surely you would want me to know it that I may believe as you do?

If you have something to say, say on. We will judge it, according to the Scriptures, as will you. So do your best to not lay a stumblingblock as you go.

Anishinaabe

• Members

If you have something to say, say on. We will judge it, according to the Scriptures, as will you. So do your best to not lay a stumblingblock as you go.

Anishinaabe

What shall we notice as we consider the text of Romans 14 in whole and in context?

The first thing that we should immediately ask, is that, Is there any of the following Greek words found anywhere in in Romans 14:

[1.] sabbaton [sabbath, the Holy 7th Day of the Lord thy God] or derivatives

[2.] th hmera th ebdomh [the 7th Day],

[3.] akathartos [[inherently] unclean],

[4.] bdelygma [abomination],

[5.] katapausis, anapauo, anapausis [rest],

[6.] episynagoge, synago [gathering, [sacred] assembling],

[7.] nomos [Law],

[8.] entole [commandment]

• Members

Anishinaabe

Remember Dave, a sophist will always resort to asking questions and giving questions in place of answers.  A sophist will cause more error when apply sophist reasoning to scriptures.  and Often they will not recognize that which goes against their sophistic view.  It is best to ignore them and move on.

This thread was started just to cause more strife and doubtful questioning of which we are not to engage.

I have place Banner, Jeffery and GraceSaved on my ignore list so I dont see their posts.  These persons are trouble makers and scripture twisters.  I suggest you ignore them too.

• Members

2Peter 2:17 These(Bannerovermewaslove, Jeffery and GraceSaved) are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
 18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
 20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning

• Members

What shall we notice as we consider the text of Romans 14 in whole and in context?

The first thing that we should immediately ask, is that, Is there any of the following Greek words found anywhere in in Romans 14:

[1.] sabbaton [sabbath, the Holy 7th Day of the Lord thy God] or derivatives

[2.] th hmera th ebdomh [the 7th Day],

[3.] akathartos [[inherently] unclean],

[4.] bdelygma [abomination],

[5.] katapausis, anapauo, anapausis [rest],

[6.] episynagoge, synago [gathering, [sacred] assembling],

[7.] nomos [Law],

[8.] entole [commandment]

This is an English speaking forum.
Speak the 5 words that are easy to he understood.

We're you born in Greece?

Can God not be understood in English. The Creator of languages isn't limited to Hebrew, Chaldean, Aramaic, or Greek.

So, say on, but use the language of the forum only.

Anishinaabe

• Members
What shall we notice as we consider the text of Romans 14 in whole and in context? The first thing that we should immediately ask, is that, Is there any of the following Greek words found anywhere in in Romans14
Show me where, in my English Text, that God requires me to "immediately ask" about a language that I don't speak, and frankly can hardly be understood by modern Greeks. When you have born the burden to prove this mandate, then we can proceed to the text. BTW generalities like "study to show thyself approved" do not mandate a superfluous divergence into strange toungues. Anishinaabe

• Members

Show me where, in my English Text, that God requires me to "immediately ask" about a language that I don't speak, and frankly can hardly be understood by modern Greeks. When you have born the burden to prove this mandate, then we can proceed to the text. BTW generalities like "study to show thyself approved" do not mandate a superfluous divergence into strange toungues. Anishinaabe

Does the Bible speak about the gifts of the Holy Spirit?  is one of those gifts in "diversities of tongues [languages]" 1 Corinthians 12:28?  Does the Bible also speak about "interpret[ing]" 1 Corinthians 14:27, etc and that a person may also that speaks in a foreign language also may have the ability to interpret it [1 Corinthians 14:13]?  Did the various Holy men of God, speaking as they were moved by the Holy Spirit, the Bible writers themselves speak in multiple languages and translate for their audience?  Here are some examples of that:

"...the writing of the letter [was] written in the Syrian tongue, and interpreted in the Syrian tongue." [Ezra 4:7;p];

"...whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans." [Daniel 1:4] [the Book of Daniel was written in several langauges];

"...Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, GOD with us." [Matthew 1:23;p];

"...Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise." [Mark 5:41;p]

"...Golgotha, which is, being interpreted, The place of a skull." [Mark 15:22;p]

"...Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" [Mark 15:34;p];

"...Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,)..." [John 1:38;p];

"...Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ." [John 1:41;p];

"...shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone." [John 1:42;p];

"...called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha." [John 19:13;p];

"...insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood." [Acts 1:19;p];

"...Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,)..." [Acts 4:36];

"...a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda." [John 5:2;p];

"...he spake unto [them] in the Hebrew tongue, saying,..." [Acts 21:40;p];

"...they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,..." [Acts 22:2;p];

"...I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? [it is] hard for thee to kick against the pricks." [Acts 26:14;p];

"And they had a king over them, [which is] the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon." [Revelation 9:11];

"And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people," [Revelation 14:6];

"...into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon." [Revelation 16:16;p]].

Was the Bible written in a single language or multiple, like various Hebrew, Aramaic [Chaldee] and Koine Greek?  Will you then follow the Biblical command:  "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

The questions were asked, and given in English alongside the Greek, which is what the NT was written in primarily, also that we ask of Romans 14The answer is obvious, and not difficult for those which have prayed unto God for discernment that we may understand the "deep" things of God by His Holy Spirit:

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 1 Corinthians 2:10

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. John 16:13

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. John 17:17

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5

Archived