• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Do You Feel About Stepping Out Of The Box Of Traditional Doctrine?

Genevanpreacher

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Alas, there are rays of Son-shine in yonder village forum.

Thank you for that little bit of brotherly kindness. :clapping:

You must understand-folks are a bit jumpy as we've been inundated by some heavy SDA doctrine of late. Please don't take it personally.

• Members

I am of the same mind of Gods Word as many of my brothers and sisters in the lord are here, but I have seen others come here only to cause controversy contrary to the Word of God which should not happen but Satan has deceived many into doing such, but I am thankful for the many here that will rightfully use Gods Word in correction to such false doctrine and teachings when this occurs.I am not a novice I have been a born again Christian for over 35 years and have been faithful to the truth of the doctrines and teachings of Gods Holly Word of the KJB in which I am grounded and rooted in and cannot be otherwise convinced and I hope you will be as well . Welcome my friend                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             My Hearts desire ; is that one day I will kneel down on my knees before my Savior Jesus and He will say well done my faithful servant     

• Members

Wow! Such a quick and variety of responses. Thanks!
First off, to answer a couple of ya, I am not 'calvinist', nor do I believe in any TULIP doctrine.
I just believe the scriptures in what they say and how they say it. (And that doesn't mean I believe in the TULIP, with other wording!)

I didn't come on here to 'advertise' my videos, but to let others see what sort of preaching and teaching I do.
Sorry if that seemed to be offensive. I figured since I was among other believers that it would be understood as so.

As for stepping out of the box of 'tradition', that is meant in respect to doctrines that 'just aren't there' pertaining to
what words are actually in the Bible. In other words, the text saying one thing and a 'man of God' saying "that's not what it means".

I have been a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ since 1987. I have been a preacher since 1990. I do have a few years of experience
teaching and learning from the word of God. I take God literal, as I assume all followers of Christ should. I do not mock 'the preaching of God's word'.
I am very serious in what I believe and what the word of God says.

As for brotherly love, you have it from me, I hope such negativity as has been said could be averted.

I do not hold to infant baptism nor works for salvation, nor baptismal regeneration, nor anti-christian bashing of any sort.
I hope to learn something from y'all.

Thanks for the 'welcome'.

Oh, and lest I forget, my kitty in my videos... yes I didn't use it because it was in scripture, it was just there on my computer.

And pertaining to IFB, 'independent' means, part of no hierarchical form of business-like 'church' organization (of which I am not)
'fundamental' means, dedicated to a foundation written only in scripture ( the written words of God)
'Baptist' means, well, the line of true followers of Jesus Christ, signified by the resolution of each believer
being baptized to show, in themselves, what happened in the death and resurrection of God in human form, named Jesus Christ.

Also in response to "Why would a IFB preacher even ask THAT particular question?" - Have you not been in the modern Baptist churches lately?
Most 'christians' in Baptist churches are not even involved with the scriptures in their lives. Laziness is running rampant. 'Traditional' doctrine is the doctrine of men.

Hope I have been unoffensive. I mean to be.

I have spent the last 20+ years trying to point out where the IFB left the Scriptures, but there has to be a consensus as to what "the Scripture" is, and where it is to be found.
In English speaking nations, that last translation, that didn't include readings from documents that had provable errors, is the AV, or KJB.
If you can stand on that foundation, than I welcome a brother in arms, because we def. need to get 'outside' of the Protestant "Fundamentalist Movement" Box, and back to being Baptists.

Anishinaabe

• Moderators

I believe most of us here recognize that the IFB movement, if you will, has gone in some odd ways. Myself, I remain IFB because I hold firmly to what those who began it, as far as in name, believed and why they did it: to seek to separate from erring brethren who were bringing in liberal and carnal ideas into the Lord's churches, and remaining with the fundamentals of the word of God.

Now, I also believe that many of us may differ on what we hood as the 'fundamentals'-myself, I hold that there are many more fundamentals than just the normally-quoted five, because I believe, (yes, there's that word again) that every word of God is a pure word, and if the Lord took the time, as it were, to have it placed in His word for us by His prophets, apostles and disciples, then its probably important for us, whether as doctrine to be followed, or example to learn by. Particularly in the NT, (Acts-Rev), I don't see much that I could consider 'suggestions'. I see areas of liberty, I see things we can easily apply to life today, I see clear commands and directives, and I even see areas of liberty that we clearly should avoid, (at least for me). I also see that, just because the Bible doesn't mention something, doesn't mean we have liberty, simply because when written, it didn't exist, and even Spurgeon made this error by declaring that since the Bible didn't forbid cigars, then he was free to smoke them; now whether or not he was free to smoke them may be debatable, but you can't use the reasoning of, 'because its not in the Bible' because clerly there were no cigars to speak against then-thus they, like each thing the Bible doesn't mention specifically,  must be judged by what the Bible DOES write.

Anyways, this has gone to more than I meant. I do believe the IFB churches should get back to where they once were, but each will have to be responsible to do so, because we ARE independent.

• Members

Amen to the 'independence' of our faith and following.

The scriptures are an anchor for our consciences, to bring us closer to the 'actual' belief that we should obtain.

The heart needs something to base its existence on, sometimes the brain just 'ain't' enough.

But God is not slack concerning his promises, Amen?

And God is good, to take SO much time to make sure we have the full potential to know him, just by

studying HIS written word. And think of all the money and lives it took to get what we have.

God invested it all in us. Wow!

• Members

Oh! Well that's no issue with me. False doctrine is written all over their teachings.

I do believe in the Sabbath, but not the 'extreme' way of teachings; as well as not the liberal way either.

Their view of Hell is interesting, but not valuable enough to show truth.

Hope and pray y'all are safe in the snow, we are snowed in where I am.

• Moderators

No smow here is SE California, as there usually is this time of year-we're actually warm, in the 60's, but today, heavy winds. Blew a couple of or solar panels over and shattered the glass on one, though it should still work alright. Just not enough sun to tell for sure, yet. Hopefully it will work-a loss of 300 watts will be tough right now.

So sitting here in our little 32' trailer getting blown aro9und, propane just ran out, gotta hope we have enough money to get some more, or its cold cheese sandwiches for the next week till payday.

• Moderators

Well, bless God, an order we had made hadn't gone through, we cancelled it and it gave us money for propane and food for the goats. We haven't been blown away, the trailer is still upright and water tight in the rain, so we got chicken for supper tonight! Whoopee!

Archived