• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Do You Feel About Stepping Out Of The Box Of Traditional Doctrine?

Genevanpreacher

• Members

Hi. My name is Genevanpreacher. I am 49 years old, and have been a bible believing child of God for 27 years this past January.

Being of sound mind and biblical doctrine, I profess unto you, I believe all the things written in the law of Moses, and all the scriptures,

pertaining to the Lord and Christ Jesus; and after the way which some 'brothers' call heresy, believe the Holy Scriptures above ANY

man 'of God' who 'swears by' the traditions of men, as their proof of the 'truth' that they are of God and 'I ain't'.

I love the Lord Jesus, and believe with all my heart that he is, was, and always shall be, God in human form.

It is nice to be in a group to have encouraging discussions, and I hope to be one who does some of that encouraging.

Let all beware, I DO NOT KNOW IT ALL, but what I do know, I try to share with a loving spirit and attitude.

So if I write like I am angry or yelling, you are wrong, I 'ain't'. I just love to share info.

Looking forward to learning AND teaching.

Any comments or questions, please state'em with brotherly love in 'control' and don't kill me with your 'brotherly righteousness'.

Look at any of my videos on u-tube, under my name here, 'genevanpreacher', the videos with a kitty cat.

Thanks.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Look at any of my videos on u-tube, under my name here, 'genevanpreacher', the videos with a kitty cat.

Perhaps it is because of my cynical nature, but this sentence ( included in the first post made by this individual), gives me the impression that this is not much more than a commercial for a Utube channel.

• Moderators

Perhaps it is because of my cynical nature, but this sentence ( included in the first post made by this individual), gives me the impression that this is not much more than a commercial for a Utube channel.

All I know is that by the time my eyes ceased their uncontrollable rolling my equilibrium was vastly disrupted 

• Members

Wow! Such a quick and variety of responses. Thanks!

First off, to answer a couple of ya, I am not 'calvinist', nor do I believe in any TULIP doctrine.

I just believe the scriptures in what they say and how they say it. (And that doesn't mean I believe in the TULIP, with other wording!)

I didn't come on here to 'advertise' my videos, but to let others see what sort of preaching and teaching I do.

Sorry if that seemed to be offensive. I figured since I was among other believers that it would be understood as so.

As for stepping out of the box of 'tradition', that is meant in respect to doctrines that 'just aren't there' pertaining to

what words are actually in the Bible. In other words, the text saying one thing and a 'man of God' saying "that's not what it means".

I have been a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ since 1987. I have been a preacher since 1990. I do have a few years of experience

teaching and learning from the word of God. I take God literal, as I assume all followers of Christ should. I do not mock 'the preaching of God's word'.

I am very serious in what I believe and what the word of God says.

As for brotherly love, you have it from me, I hope such negativity as has been said could be averted.

I do not hold to infant baptism nor works for salvation, nor baptismal regeneration, nor anti-christian bashing of any sort.

I hope to learn something from y'all.

Thanks for the 'welcome'.

Oh, and lest I forget, my kitty in my videos... yes I didn't use it because it was in scripture, it was just there on my computer.

And pertaining to IFB, 'independent' means, part of no hierarchical form of business-like 'church' organization (of which I am not)

'fundamental' means, dedicated to a foundation written only in scripture ( the written words of God) 

'Baptist' means, well, the line of true followers of Jesus Christ, signified by the resolution of each believer

being baptized to show, in themselves, what happened in the death and resurrection of God in human form, named Jesus Christ.

Also in response to "Why would a IFB preacher even ask THAT particular question?" - Have you not been in the modern Baptist churches lately?

Most 'christians' in Baptist churches are not even involved with the scriptures in their lives. Laziness is running rampant. 'Traditional' doctrine is the doctrine of men.

Hope I have been unoffensive. I mean to be. 

Archived