• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The "wines" Of The Bible - The Blessed & The Cursed

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jesus drank, so it's not poisoning. Would Jesus poison His body? Are you saying Jesus sinned?

BTW we're all dying 

"...Your blood be upon your own head; I am clean..."

Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. Ezekiel 3:19

• Members

"...Your blood be upon your own head; I am clean..."

Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. Ezekiel 3:19

1 Tim 4:Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:17 which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. 18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,19 and not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God. 20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, 21 (touch not; taste not; handle not; 22 which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

• Members

At the site of this link they use the NIV to gather some scripture references that did not exist in the KJV.

This link is just another example of someone who wants to justify drinking alcoholic beverages.

The argument I've often heard that other versions are not God's word is that they take out the diety, virgin birth and eternal punishment.  I don't use the NIV but I've quoted scriptures from the NIV that those doctrines are in there in another thread, which no replied to.  I've never even heard of the KJVO argument until I was exposed to IFB.  I don't believe the IFB are the only group that has it right or that other groups are not getting the Word of God because they use other versions.  Sorry, but I just don't accept that because I've seen Christians grow outside of IFB and using other versions and won't accept it unless I see otherwise,  

• Members

False prophets existed before the KJV.

GS, John is referring to Banner.  He is SDA and is trying to proselytize the saints on OB.  He is getting nowhere though with his posts.  The only people he might be confusing are those who look on OB.  Otherwise he is just taking up space and has no desire to learn the truth.  Just so you know, the SDA is a cult.

• Members

The argument I've often heard that other versions are not God's word is that they take out the diety, virgin birth and eternal punishment.  I don't use the NIV but I've quoted scriptures from the NIV that those doctrines are in there in another thread, which no replied to.  I've never even heard of the KJVO argument until I was exposed to IFB.  I don't believe the IFB are the only group that has it right or that other groups are not getting the Word of God because they use other versions.  Sorry, but I just don't accept that because I've seen Christians grow outside of IFB and using other versions and won't accept it unless I see otherwise,

GS. AV might not respond to you because he has put us both on his ignore list.

• Members

It is not that simple.  The job of the follower of Jesus Christ is to rebuke and exhort, with all longsuffering that they may come to understand, by the Grace of God, why drinking alcohol is a sin.

When light is come and they reject it, they are now under condemnation, their feet upon the path to perdition [no longer saints], lest they come to repent.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. John 3:19

Then you are teaching one can lose salvation.  Someone who understands the way to salvation but does not accept and denies the "gift" is one who is in perdition, such as Judas Iscariot, John 17:12 as an example who was called the "son of perdition."  There is not one person on this forum or any Christian anywhere for that matter, including you, that will lead a completely "sinless" life. All Christians struggle with this battle Romans 7:22-24, but it does not mean loss of salvation.  We are freed from the penalty but one day we will be freed from the presence and power of sin when we see God face to face.

• Members

The Egyptian bibles contain the Word of God but they are not the Word of God.  God preserved His Word in the King James Bible.  All others based on the Egyptian/Westcott and Hort are of the devil.

Christians do not grow much at all in Christ using a perversion.  That is my own testimony and born out by many others I've known and talked to.  It's also apparent in those that come here who use them, they are sorely lacking in knowledge and discernment because they have been duped into using a perversion too.  It's never too late to switch, I did, you (if the shoe fits) and others can too.

Archived