• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Obesity Is A Big Problem Here In The Us

The Glory Land

• Members

335 pounds, (down from 350). I have an eating disorder...I eat dis order, and dat order, and his order, and her order... :bang:

Seriously...

A lot of that weight I gained in the Navy, though I PT'd every day, ran, lifted, and watched my eating. To this day I generally eat a fairly limited diet.

However, all that being said, my BP runs normally around 125/80, have low cholesterol and normal heart rate. I irritate doctors because they all want to tell me to lose weight, but other than it MIGHT be detrimental to me, my poverall health and fitness levels say otherwise. My mother and one sister have hypothyroidism, as I suspect I do. BUt, at work and on the farm I am quite active.

So, again, my question is, is it s sin to be fat? Above, it was compared to asking, Is it a sin to smoke-yet, at that time, there was no smoking, (except Sodom and Gomorrah), but people, I suspect, were fat at times.

As a ,yes, fat man, I do get aggravated at times over people's assumptions that one who is fat is a glutton. Gluttony involves far more than eating-it is a general wasteful, vain, useless attitude of life. Think Paris Hilton; think Kim Kardashian, think they steriotypical rich guy lighting his cigar with a $100.00 bill. This is gluttony. Can food fall into it? Absolutely, but to make the assumtion that fat=glutton is completely baseless.

Oh, and bro Garry, the only horror I have dealt with at my wieght is finding clothes I can fit, at a decent price!  BY the way, my wife still finds me quite a hunk!

That being said, there are those big folks we know who Do come to the point of gluttony. But in all honesty, in my experience, I have known more thin gluttons, including in the area of eating.

335 lb.  translating that into English it is nearly 24 stones.  That is heavy.

• Moderators

335 lb.  translating that into English it is nearly 24 stones.  That is heavy.

Not if they are like Peter, SMALL stones! HA! Amurican humor!

Yes, it IS heavy, thanks. But my wife loves me and my health is good, and I never wear speedos, so I'm doing okay.

• Members

I was just posting a reply on MSG when I lost it suddenly and my screen turned sideways so I have to turn my laptop on its side to read it.

Many foods here have had |MSG taken out of them.  I just sid a count of the stock cubes and granules in my cuboard and of the 12, 4 have MSG and two of them were French.

Anyone know how to get mt screen up the right way?

• Members

Asking if it is a sin to be fat is like asking if it is a sin to smoke?  There is nothing in the bible that specifically prohibits smoking, crack cocaine, LSD, or any other things that will destroy your body which is God's temple through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.  I don't think it can be argued that obesity is detrimental to your bodies health and therefore, purposely or carelessly not watching your weight can be construed as a sin for you.  I recognize that there are real medical issues affecting some people with unusual metabolism problems, but to often people throw that out as an attempt to justify their carelessness.  I especially laugh at the people who say Ï am big boned".  On May 23, 2013 I weighed in at my physical at 298 lbs and I am only 5'10".  The horror of weighing 300 was finally the last straw for me, and I am now down to 231.2 lbs and still progressing towards my goal of 190 lbs. 

Bro. Garry

I'll be praying for you brother !

Archived