• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Just Sayin' Hey

dtill359

• Members

Hey everyone. Not really too much to say about myself other than that I love sacred music and Microsoft Access. :icon_smile:

I found this site through a Google search for something totally unrelated. I heard about this place several years ago through a relative, but never actually visited until now.

• Members

Hi everyone. :)

Welcome aboard!  Would you kindly share you testimony with us?  What is "sacred music"?

Hi swathdiver, thanks for asking.

I was saved at the age of four and God has been teaching me more about Himself ever since. It's been a wonderful - though admittedly sometimes hard trip - but I would never trade it for anything.

Well, to start, I have a very simple definition of "music." "An expression of the inner man."

"Sacred music" then, is "An expression of the inner man transformed by God to reflect His Own heart."

Welcome aboard. I've done some pretty powerful applications in the ...past using MS Access.

Wow, very nice. I've done a number of just plain databases, though I have had the occassion to create one for a small business - that was an... interesting experience to say the least, but I'm happy to say I learned a lot by doing it.

Wow, very nice. I've done a number of just plain databases, though I have had the occassion to create one for a small business - that was an... interesting experience to say the least, but I'm happy to say I learned a lot by doing it.

Did you ever create a data entry/display pages for the databases? I've run into some pretty deep issues pulling together multiple databases created in access and attaching them to entry/display. Including order entry, sales, billing, production, raw materials, inventory; pretty much the entire business from raw material to shipping and delivery and all in access. Not bragging, just sharing with someone in the same career...challenging work to provide for a business.

• Members

Did you ever create a data entry/display pages for the databases? I've run into some pretty deep issues pulling together multiple databases created in access and attaching them to entry/display. Including order entry, sales, billing, production, raw materials, inventory; pretty much the entire business from raw material to shipping and delivery and all in access. Not bragging, just sharing with someone in the same career...challenging work to provide for a business.

I've done data entry forms - never for multiple different databases, but I have executed the more common FE-BE split with multiple FE's inputing to a single BE. Maybe I'm just not completely understanding what you said.

It can be challenging at times... as I'm sure you know.

I've done data entry forms - never for multiple different databases, but I have executed the more common FE-BE split with multiple FE's inputing to a single BE. Maybe I'm just not completely understanding what you said.

It can be challenging at times... as I'm sure you know.

I'm retired now...IT folks don't seem to last too long after 50 at GE :(  They want that NEW idea so, I don't even buy Office Pro anymore.

• Members

Hi swathdiver, thanks for asking.

I was saved at the age of four and God has been teaching me more about Himself ever since. It's been a wonderful - though admittedly sometimes hard trip - but I would never trade it for anything.

Well, to start, I have a very simple definition of "music." "An expression of the inner man."

"Sacred music" then, is "An expression of the inner man transformed by God to reflect His Own heart."

Thank you.  If you don't mind my asking, what happened at 4?

When I think of inner man, Jeremiah 17:9 comes to mind.  How about you?

• Members

Uh oh...You shouldn't have revealed that you love Microsoft Access.  I am a student in week 6 of an online course using Shelly Cashman Series, Microsoft Access 2010 Comprehensive.  Now I am coming to you for questions.   :bleh:

Oh, no problem. Can't say I'll be able to answer everything, but I don't mind fielding questions.

Thank you.  If you don't mind my asking, what happened at 4?

When I think of inner man, Jeremiah 17:9 comes to mind.  How about you?

I realized I was a sinner in need of a Saviour and that that Saviour was Jesus, who shed His blood for me on the cross.

Quite true - thus why sacred (set apart) music must be "an expression of the inner man transformed by God." Otherwise we simply get the expression of an unregenerate heart.

I'm retired now...IT folks don't seem to last too long after 50 at GE :(  They want that NEW idea so, I don't even buy Office Pro anymore.

Yeah, "new" is unfortunately automatically viewed as "better" many places - not that "new" is not necessarily "better," but "old" is not necessarily "bad" either.

Archived