• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Looking For Opinions On Viewing Christian Movies At The Theatre

GraceSaved

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that it is a personal choice. I know our church is against it, in fact in order to be a member I think you have to sign an agreement saying you won't attend movie theaters. See, I'm not a member mainly because I don't agree with that. 

We're supposed to hold membership in one of Jesus Christ's New Testament Churches.  We're also to submit to our pastor's authority and submit ourselves to each other (the members).  If not, we risk becoming a Burger King Christian where we want to have church and God our way and not the Bible's way.

• Administrators

We are to submit to our pastor's authority as it lines up with scripture...I agree that it isn't to become a Burger King type thing.  But we have to be careful of blind loyalty.  Therein lies one of the problems in so many churches today where the pastor believes he is better than the membership (members believe it, too).

You know, I believe we should all be members of a local church. But, really - where is it written that we must join and be members?  Can anyone show scripture for that?

• Administrators

The Lord leads each Pastor differently. By joining my church I agreed to abide by the rules. I do know some rules that we have are not "Biblical rules" per se, but that is a rule that the Pastor feels the Lord leading him. Does not mean it is right or wrong for other churches to have the same rules, but if I purposely disobey them, then that would be wrong by me. If my Pastor did not want me to go to the movies because he would feel that it would be a stumbling block to other members, then I would not step foot in a movie theater. 

Archived