• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can Your Kids Have Gay Friends?

The Glory Land

• Members

My pentecostal friends when I was growing up were only to hang out with their pentecostal friends from church.  All that did was make them sneak behind their parents' backs.  Put makeup and pants on for school and change before they got home.  Sneak to the school dances and say they were going somewhere else or go to a friend's house to watch their TV.

To each household their own.  

Good advice from the Pentecostal church.  However, their watered down wimpy preaching didn't convict those little heathens and get them in the lamb's book of life.  They were loving the things of the world.  Good advice to stay away from them and those like them.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll address your assertion again...I hope they're real uncomfortable about homosexual sin practice acceptance around me...I will not placate it. Were you attempting to change my mind, justify your own actions, or what? Practicing homosexuals are lost and on their way to hell, God can use that to turn a sinner to repent. Possibly God is attempting to tell you something, I don't know.

As far as how deep the gift of God runs for pastor or parent, I wouldn't make your judgement; God gives grace according to faith.

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

1 Corinthians 2:16 "For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."

1 Corinthians 12:11 "But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will."

• Members

where did 'I am chief' say anything about yelling and screaming about wickedness at meeting his friends????  When did I accuse I am chief of saying that?

I think all you want to do is try to paint any IFB's as crazy, ranting, lunatics (as one on here does seem to be), but he's the exception, not the rule.When I have I said that about anybody here? I have seen plenty of that in my 20yrs in the IFB, with my own eyes...

You think you have all the answers.​Never said I did, but I do remember saying that I am still trying to sort things out in my own walk and it was ok to not have the answers to everything I don't even know why you're on here, you're not IFB, Oh I suppose I could got to stufffundieslike.com or fightingfundamentlist.org but those sights are boring with all the backslapping that goes on there. you don't like some of our thinking and/ or common doctrine,  all you want to do is debate and try to make everyone else think they're too harsh and you're the gentle giant.Never said that either, matter of fact I shared with you all here that rage is a big part of the sin I carry around that I fight everyday. You're not the only one who knows how to show compassion and kindness to others while sharing the gospel.You need to read and look at what other say here, and speak out against them also, because your silence is deafening.  

Go find another site to put yourself on the pedestal you so desperately want to be on. And quit trashing us. Just tired of it. I never put myself on anything, if you feel you are right then you should defend what you believe. All too often IFB tend to be too "separate" from everything else that they actually don't engage the outside world and see what people are really thinking/doing.

• Members

I'll address your assertion again...I hope they're real uncomfortable about homosexual sin practice acceptance around me...I will not placate it. 

Do you think the Holy Spirit needs your help in convicting people of their sin? But I will ask again, How do you know who is struggling with what? How do you know someone's heart if they are struggling with same sex attraction?

Were you attempting to change my mind, justify your own actions, or what?.

i aint changing nobody's mind here, that is the work of God who can do that.

Practicing homosexuals are lost and on their way to hell, God can use that to turn a sinner to repent. Possibly God is attempting to tell you something, I don't know.

Did you at least read the article I linked to? that woman's testimony of what God did through her and others was very powerful. perhaps you are too afraid to listen and actually see that God loves those people in that sin that He sent His Son to die for them, that they would bring glory and honor on His name.

• Members

How do you know who is struggling with what? How do you know someone's heart if they are struggling with same sex attraction?

Ain't you learned anythin' yet?  If a sodomite plays house with another, plays dress up, goes to gay pride ralleys and rides on the floats in sodomite parades ain't it obvious who their master is?  God's Word, the King James Bible, can teach a person how to discern such you know; it's in the Proverbs for instance.

• Members

Ain't you learned anythin' yet?  If a sodomite plays house with another, plays dress up, goes to gay pride ralleys and rides on the floats in sodomite parades ain't it obvious who their master is?  God's Word, the King James Bible, can teach a person how to discern such you know; it's in the Proverbs for instance.

did you read what I posted earlier?

." Practicing homosexuality and having same sex attraction are two different things, one is sinful and the other is a temptation to sin."

There are many brothers and sisters who struggle with this sin, many who are attracted from to the same sex who never act on it. They know what God says about it and never want to sin against Him. But they also know that many people have a hard time wrapping their mind around this concept and won't turn to another believer for fear of being ostracized and not getting the support they.

God's Word, the King James Bible,or any other translation, can teach a person how to discern such you know; it's in the Proverbs for instance.

You are right here,but wrong in application. you should know that because we all struggle with sin,(you know, when you check all all the girls at your church) and we should be able to help others overcome and encourage them through the Gospel.

• Members

We are not called to try and read the minds of others and determine what sins they are or are not wrestling with. No one has said this should be our aim. What has been addressed is with regards to open homosexuals. These people are not hiding their sin, they are not just wrestling with same sex temptation, they are living in open sin. Like others who live in open sin, we have to face that biblically.

It's true that most heterosexuals can't understand all aspects of same sex attraction, but they don't have to. If someone struggles with temptation to same sex attraction, but rejects that temptation and doesn't give in, then they are waging the same sort of battle we all face with a variety of temptations to sin. Being tempted is not a sin. If a person is tempted to same sex attraction yet successfully keeps from giving in, then they have not sinned and if they have not engaged in homosexual sin they are not homosexuals.

The OP deals with children and open homosexuals and plenty of clear Scripture on the matter has already been put forth.

"God loves those people in that sin"

I think you need to re-examine your comment. I have no idea what your agenda is but, if you're pushing the homosexual 'evolving' stuff your applause is in Washington D.C. I don't believe you'll do anything but beat the air with that agenda here, and I know you won't with me. If you believe you're called to go win non-practicing persons who possess homosexual thoughts then go do that.

The Holy Spirit uses God's word to convict those who have not become reprobates...do you understand how sinners receive the truth they're headed for hell?

Yes, Christ did die for their sins..God doesn't love them 'in' that is, practicing the sin. You may need to study about God's aversion to sin and how God and sin are not compatible. Yes practicing homosexuals are rejecting Christ's sacrifice for their sins. No, I have no fear of reading what you posted...No, I didn't read it. No, I don't intend to read it. 

• Members

Yes, Christ did die for their sins..God doesn't love them 'in' that is, practicing the sin. You may need to study about God's aversion to sin and how God and sin are not compatible. Yes practicing homosexuals are rejecting Christ's sacrifice for their sins. No, I have no fear of reading what you posted...No, I didn't read it. No, I don't intend to read it. 

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 

You just keep living, believing all of your friends are perfect, if that's how you choose to believe how God views you. I would feel sorry for anybody in one of your "circles" struggling with sin.

• Members

john 12:47 and if any man hear my words, and believe not i judge him not for i came not to judge the world, but to save the world. john 3:17 for god sent not his son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved. matthew 18:11 for the of man is come to save that which was lost. matthew 20:28 even as the son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. luke 9:56 for the son of man is not come to destroy men's lives but to save them. luke 19:10 for the son of man is came to seek and save that which was lost. 1timothy 1:15-16 this is faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation, that chirst jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom i am chief. 16 howbeit for this cause i obtained mercy, that in me first jesus chirst might show forth all longsuffering, for pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 2peter 3:15 and account that the longsuffering of our lord is salvation even as our beloved brother paul also according to wisdow given into him hath written unto you. 1john4:14 and we have seen and do testify that the father sent the son to be the savior of the world.  so i say to you is it batter to help the gays or to pass them by. so let do are part and spread the gospel throw the world. 

You just keep living, believing all of your friends are perfect, if that's how you choose to believe how God views you. I would feel sorry for anybody in one of your "circles" struggling with sin.

Hmmm...now I'm wondering which homosexual literature or web site you pulled that comment from...scratches head. Seeing that Jesus Christ, very God, permitted his own crucifixion and rose from the dead ascending into heaven; that those homosexuals practicing their sin and rejecting Christ who provided their only path to salvation, not only reject but flaunt their 'pride' in his face; are in danger of a reprobate mind and eternal destruction in hell. Someone needs to tell them hell is real, they are headed to hell, and Jesus Christ is not their byword nor the butt of their jokes at 'drag' festival after parties. They need to know Jesus Christ's sacrifice is preceded by humility and repentance not 'pride' parades and self justification. I would gladly share this with any homosexual. Even the drunks I've given the gospel to don't attempt to defame Jesus Christ. I'm sorry to say I've never met a homosexual who didn't want to justify their sin and denigrate my Lord and tell me how judgmental I am calling their actions sin.

• Members

Hmmm...now I'm wondering which homosexual literature or web site you pulled that comment from...scratches head. Seeing that Jesus Christ, very God, permitted his own crucifixion and rose from the dead ascending into heaven; that those homosexuals practicing their sin and rejecting Christ who provided their only path to salvation, not only reject but flaunt their 'pride' in his face; are in danger of a reprobate mind and eternal destruction in hell. Someone needs to tell them hell is real, they are headed to hell, and Jesus Christ is not their byword nor the butt of their jokes at 'drag' festival after parties. They need to know Jesus Christ's sacrifice is preceded by humility and repentance not 'pride' parades and self justification. I would gladly share this with any homosexual. Even the drunks I've given the gospel to don't attempt to defame Jesus Christ. I'm sorry to say I've never met a homosexual who didn't want to justify their sin and denigrate my Lord and tell me how judgmental I am calling their actions sin.

once again, I repeat,as I posted earlier,

." Practicing homosexuality and having same sex attraction are two different things, one is sinful and the other is a temptation to sin."

Practicing gays are living in sin, yes, in danger of God's wrath, same sex attraction is a temptation to sin, Do you understand their is a difference? Yo u do realize that many believers struggle with this right? Just as you are tempted to stare at the young ladies at your church, some people just happen to stare at the same sex, it's called temptation. we all struggle with it. 

Maybe if certain people saw you show compassion for people, to help people, actually love them, somebodies opinion of you might change.

• Members

Jeffrey,

Where do you get the idea there are many believers who struggle with same sex temptation? No doubt there are some who do, but "many"?

Dave is simply trying to say he shares the Gospel with all who are lost, including homosexuals. What is wrong with that?

Archived