• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can Your Kids Have Gay Friends?

The Glory Land

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It says, keep away from evil doers.

Actually, Paul said in Corinthians that we would have to leave the world to get away from evil people, but to stay away from brothers who weren't living right!
So if you stay away from gays, how do you give them the Gospel?

• Members

Witness yes, befriend no.

Then how do you give them the Gospel then? I mean, Jesus was attacked by the Pharisees for hanging out with " sinners"!! Jesus was involved with them to give them the Good News, but yet the Pharisees could show now compassion for the lost, the very same people He would hang on a cross for!!

• Members

Then how do you give them the Gospel then? I mean, Jesus was attacked by the Pharisees for hanging out with " sinners"!! Jesus was involved with them to give them the Good News, but yet the Pharisees could show now compassion for the lost, the very same people He would hang on a cross for!!

A+ We can be a friend, witness, and share the gospel with them. What we cannot do is accept their life styles. Just like we cannot continue in ours sins. I wish I had that women for me?

• Members

Scripture tells us our friends, spouses and close associates should be Christians.

It's a false, modern notion that one must make friends with someone before they can share the Gospel with them.

Everyone I've ever had even a small part in helping come to Christ were either total strangers or someone I barely knew.

We are in the world, but not to be a part of the world. We are to take the Gospel to the lost, but we are not to make the lost our close companions.

• Members

Scripture tells us our friends, spouses and close associates should be Christians.

It's a false, modern notion that one must make friends with someone before they can share the Gospel with them.

Everyone I've ever had even a small part in helping come to Christ were either total strangers or someone I barely knew.

We are in the world, but not to be a part of the world. We are to take the Gospel to the lost, but we are not to make the lost our close companions.

I kinda disagree, by nature I'm not a trusting person. That's my make up. I never bought into the Gospel coming from someone who I didn't know, judging me to be a heathen! Where I'm from, you get your skull caved in for that. A man named Mark befriended me after about two years if witnessing to me, I started listening to Him.

• Members

A+ We can be a friend, witness, and share the gospel with them. What we cannot do is accept their life styles. Just like we cannot continue in ours sins. I wish I had that women for me?

And here I would agree with you, I think there should be a level of some relationship of some sort that if they refuse initially, God may open their eyes later and they can trust you with questions they have concerning God

• Members

Exactly. Being a friend is not a requirement to take the Gospel to the lost. When one goes door knocking, he is more often than not a stranger knocking on the door, not a friend to whom lives in that home.

Archived