• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Miss Daisy

Anyone Else Going To Watch Creation Debate Tomorrow Night?

Just wondered if anyone else is going to be watching the creation debate tomorrow night between Bill Nye and Ken Ham (think that's his name) at Creation Museum? We can watch it live streaming 6pm central I think.

The very title of the debate puts the burden of proof on Ken Ham. Why try to use knowledge to debate the Devil? If he doesn't do it full of the Holy Spirit, he's wasting his time. What Bill Nye needs is for Ham to read him the 1st chapter of Romans, from a King James Bible, especially the part from verse 16 on . That aught to blow his socks off.

Whilst you are right, Ken Ham is a good speaker, and the basis of their ministry is that Genesis is foundational to the Gospel.
No genesis, no need for the Gospel.

I would be very very surprised if he doesn't mention sin and the need for salvation.

Edited by DaveW

• Similar Content

• By Ronda
      I have to let a rant out.... If I hear the Gap theory one more time promoted by yet another IFB Pastor I am going scream!!!!
      If we take the Bible literally and reverently there is no way to arrive at the erroneous gap theory. 
      Here are some verses which not only poke a hole in the theory, but flatten it entirely:
      "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the FIRST heaven and the FIRST earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."
      "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them AT THE BEGINNING made them male and female"
       In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.   "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." "And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." "And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man."
      Besides the total misunderstanding of the ORIGINAL usage of the word "replenish" in ... the TRUE original meaning was "to fill" NOT to refill.
      The next set of verses they attempt to use are " For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:  Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."
      What is so hard to understand about this??? There was the PRE-FLOOD earth (from Adam to Noah), the present day earth, and the new heaven and new earth (after the millennium, after the great white throne judgment, after the devil has been cast into the lake of fire for eternity). Sadly... many even misunderstand the difference between the new heaven and new earth in comparison with the millennial kingdom on earth. It's very simple!  
      "10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.   11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them."
      In Rev. 20 we see the devil being bound and thrown into the bottomless pit for a thousand years. (v.1-3)  then if we go down to v. 7-8 to the end of the millennial reign on earth, the devil is loosed out of his prison the deceive the nations for the last time (v.7-8) NEXT we see the devil is defeated and cast into the lake of fire for eternity (v.10). And the very next verse tells us TWO VERY VITAL pieces of information: #1 The great white throne judgment #2 the earth and heaven flee from the face of God, and "there was no place found for them". This is the event which can readily be understood to be reference where "...the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." 
      The next chapter (Rev. 21) starts off like this (so there should be zero doubt): "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."  Rev. 21-22 tells us about the new heaven, the new earth, the new Jerusalem.  I've heard some very mixed up eschatology attempting to place this event at the end of the tribulation and prior to the millennium. It's plain literal word meaning proves this is impossible. The new heavens and new earth cannot be created until after the devil is dealt with for the final time and cast into the lake of fire for eternity!!!
       The millennium WILL be a time of restoration of BLESSING and removal of CURSE upon the earth (as much OT scripture shows). However, it will not be the new heaven and the new earth! That cannot happen until after the devil's 1000 yr stay in the bottomless pit, after he is loosed a short season to deceive the nations, and after he is dealt with for the final time and thrown into the lake of fire for eternity.  THEN and only then will God create the new heaven and new earth (as states of the new heaven and new earth "wherein dwelleth righteousness".  Righteousness cannot dwell completely until the devil is gone for good!  We can surely understand why God wouldn't want to create the new heaven and new earth only to have it defiled by sin and defiled by the devil! It's so easy to understand when we just read it in order (especially , noting that the next chapter tells of the new heaven and new earth, and this information regarding the new heaven and the new earth comes AFTER the great white throne judgment, AFTER the devil has been permanently cast into the lake of fire. 
      All that... just to say... the gap theory is so unscriptural and unsound... I can't comprehend why anyone would teach it, much less buy into it! The only possible reasons I can find is that they are either wanting to make a compromise with the world (and Darwinism garbage) OR they just refuse to take God at His literal, reverent, Holy word! Either way, there is no fear of God when one twists scripture like that. 
      Frustrations vented... (for now). Have a blessed evening. With all of the false teaching going on in the world, I just can't see how the Lord can tarry. God won't be mocked. These are the last days, the perilous times of and v.13... and the gap theory? Definitely a fable Paul warned about in 2 Tim 4:2-4.    MARANATHA!!!! (and soon, I pray)

• By PastorMatt
      Let the debate begin.
      @Pastor Scott Markle and @Covenanter please start by posting your opening remarks below. After open remarks are made, feel free to discuss.
    • By PastorMatt
      The debators: @Pastor Scott Markle & @Covenanter  (Everyone else will just have viewing privileges) 
      Topic: Prophecy on Daniel 9
      Length: 2 Months (Due to Pastor Markle's ability to post once per week.)
      Debate Rules
      No name calling (No accusations of heresy). No copying and pasting from sources around the internet. (You can copy from your own posts on OB). Each persons begins with opening remarks. After opening remarks. Opening discussions will begin. Can't post back to back comments. Must wait for opposing party to post. Topics can't be edited in anyway after posting.  
      Any other suggestions? If both will now agree, I can set this forum up and we can begin. Thank you. We look forward to following this debate.

• By PastorMatt
      @Pastor Scott Markle & @Covenanter Seeing now I have more time, I am willing to set up a forum for discussion on Prophecy. If you both agree to this, what type of format and restrictions would you like applied to this forum for your discussion.
    • By HappyChristian
      I found this article very interesting. Since I help with Creation Club here, I receive emails from various creation groups. This one is headquartered in England. CMI - Creation Ministries International - has some interesting articles on creation, but this one kind of veers from that.  It is a sad read, chilling, really. But it is interesting...evolution causes folk to believe they are nothing special. And so why not kill or commit suicide or do drugs or on and on...This young man was such a one as to buy into that thought.  I'm quoting the whole article so that if someone can't open the link they can still read it.  (Credit goes to CMI)

http://creation.com/will-cornick-murders-teacher

The Boy Who's Proud to be a Killer 
      Will Cornick murders teacher in front of classmates in Leeds, England
      by Warren Nunn

Incredibly instinctual and human....