• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Wifes How Many Can I Have?

The Glory Land

• Members

It is nowhere commended in the Old Testament.
Wherever it is spoken of it is either neutral or negative.

It happened - the Bible records it as happening - even with God's servants on occasion, but God doesn't appear to like it very much....

• Members

Abraham took Hagar and that was against the will of God; Abraham sinned.

Solomon had 1000 wives and concubines when God specifically told him not to do that; that was sin too.

David took him more wives  and he paid for it dearly, as did Solomon and Abraham.

Jacob took two wives which caused resentment and strife, then had more kids with concubines. Their family was a messed up mess.

Where do you get the idea it wasn't sin?

• Members

Ugh! I could not imagine having to share my husband with another woman or two - or more. I'm afraid I'm pretty possesive. And yes, there would be trouble. :-D I cant see the draw of polyandry, either (multiple husbands...ick!).

That is because it has never existed anywhere at any time nor ever will. Except in the imagination of feminists.

• Members

In the OT many wifes, in the NT one only. In the old it was not a sin to have more then one. In the new you can have only one, more then one is sin. When did God change His mind and why? This is not about divorce.

God didn't change his mind, you are wrong in your assumptions.  One man, one woman, for life, has always been God's plan for marriage.

• Members

God didn't change his mind, you are wrong in your assumptions.  One man, one woman, for life, has always been God's plan for marriage.

As one of my former pastors used to put it - "God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, or Eve and Anna, or Adam and Eve and Anna and Julie...one man and one woman for one lifetime."

• Members

One Man and One Woman. Change any one of the words and anything goes.

1 man 2 women

2 men 2 women

1 man 1 dog

1dog 1 woman

1 man 1 man

Lord help us to see the importance of the definition of marraige as one man and one woman and let us fight to keep it.

Archived