• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christians That Are Falling Easy Into This World Traps...

The Glory Land

• Members

The bad is good and the good is bad, these days. We that are now living, today Christians,are falling like wild ducks getting shot right out of the sky's. These Christians that have not been taught right by their pastors. If the World tells them it is OK, for them too use it, then It is alright to use or do so. You pastors better start preaching with a rod, or your children, not just your members, but your own flesh and blood, will pay for it at the End.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some preachers "preach to the choir" as it were. While their sermon may be correct, it's something all those he's preaching to already know and believe. They get lots of "amens" and the congregation goes home with an emotional good feeling. Yet they were not challenged, taught something more in-depth from the Word, convicted by the realization of some sin in their lives, etc.

• Members

Correct or brain washed water down preaching.Nice to the ears.

Some preachers "preach to the choir" as it were. While their sermon may be correct, it's something all those he's preaching to already know and believe. They get lots of "amens" and the congregation goes home with an emotional good feeling. Yet they were not challenged, taught something more in-depth from the Word, convicted by the realization of some sin in their lives, etc.

Or just yell and scream with no Scriptural references, to, more or less fire up the "troops" and entertain the congregation. nobody learns or grows from it.no  exegesis of Scripture and nobody changes. The sad thing is that people go home from there thinking they heard from God. 

• Members

Or just yell and scream with no Scriptural references, to, more or less fire up the "troops" and entertain the congregation. nobody learns or grows from it.no  exegesis of Scripture and nobody changes. The sad thing is that people go home from there thinking they heard from God. 

Or knowing they did not hear from God.

• Members

Or just yell and scream with no Scriptural references, to, more or less fire up the "troops" and entertain the congregation. nobody learns or grows from it.no exegesis of Scripture and nobody changes. The sad thing is that people go home from there thinking they heard from God.

I go home thinking that I heard not from God, but from a man of God. Preach it.... :)

• Moderators

Of course, there's a huge misunderstanding of what Christian liberty is, as well-and most don't realize that while we have many liberties, ("all things are lawful for me") yet we also have a responsibility to use godly discernment to know how and when to set boundaries on those liberties, ("But not all things are expedient/all things edify not"). Maybe if I take that drink or look at that naked girl, I won't go to hell, wont lose salvation, but will it be expedient in my Christian duties? Will it edify me or another, or work more to tear down?

• Members

Just reading some of the threads in here will tell you the problem. Christians no longer want to separate but be friends with the world. Usually, they use a cover to take this course to like "getting the gospel out".  The only sin there is anymore is the sin of saying anything is sin.

Im starting to think you have no idea what Biblical separation means

• Members

Of course, there's a huge misunderstanding of what Christian liberty is, as well-and most don't realize that while we have many liberties, ("all things are lawful for me") yet we also have a responsibility to use godly discernment to know how and when to set boundaries on those liberties, ("But not all things are expedient/all things edify not"). Maybe if I take that drink or look at that naked girl, I won't go to hell, wont lose salvation, but will it be expedient in my Christian duties? Will it edify me or another, or work more to tear down?

Christian liberty means we are freed with respect to such activity that is not forbidden in the Bible.

Archived