• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christians That Are Falling Easy Into This World Traps...

The Glory Land

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A truly saved, separated Bible-believing Christian would strive NOT to be (and act) like the world.But too many times we fall short do we?? You cant tell the IFB from the KKK

Ah, your true colors are showing. You sound just like an ex-IFB, like a worldly christian. I presume that you may have heard sound Bible preachinig and sound Bible doctrine over and over and yet want to hold on to your pet sins and don't like to hear preaching that goes against what "you" want to do. Seems to me at best you are a fence sitter, claiming to hold to sound Bible doctrine while still dabbling in the world and its sins. It is hard to kick against the pricks isn't it?

Before it is too late, you'd better get right with God!!

• Members

Jeffrey,

Why not drink some "Welch's Grape Juice" if you want something sweet to drink? I mean, what sense does it make to drink an alcoholic drink unless you're expecting a "buzz"?

Proverbs 23:29

Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?

30 They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine.

31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.

32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.

33 Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.

34 Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.

35 They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.

Here's another;

Some say that Jesus turned the water into alcoholic wine. But why would Jesus, the sinless Son of God, do the same thing he pronounced a "Woe" upon men for doing?

Habbakuk 2:15

Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!

• Members

Christian Liberty is defined in Galatians 5.  Contrary to what liberals do, the scriptures say we are not free to live like the devil (verse 13) but by love to serve one another, obey the whole counsel of God and win the lost for Christ.  

I see there are some unlearned here who have a beloved enemy and that's too bad.

• Members

Jeffrey,
Why not drink some "Welch's Grape Juice" if you want something sweet to drink?
Because I'm not 5yrs old and I don't need sugary drinks to satisfy me

I mean, what sense does it make to drink an alcoholic drink unless you're expecting a "buzz"? To make my face shine Psalm 104:15

Proverbs 23:29
 Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?
30 They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine.
31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.
32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.
33 Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.
34 Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.
35 They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.

Again the text is talking about someone in an intoxicated state
H
Here's another;
Some say that Jesus turned the water into alcoholic wine. But why would Jesus, the sinless Son of God, do the same thing he pronounced a "Woe" upon men for doing? God also made good and sex for us, and we can sin with those things too!, are they evil?
Habbakuk 2:15
Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!

The next time I get somebody and take advantage of them, I'll remember this, thanks

• Members

That wasn't the point.

Then what is? Drunkeness is sin, I agree. Drinking isn't, there's a difference. Eating isn't a sin, gluttony is. Sex isn't a sin, sex with someone other than your spouse is. You see the point?

• Members

One doesn't need to know the Greek to know that drinking alcohol is a sin.  The context is clear in the  King James Bible, especially when one has the power of the Holy Ghost to help them understand.  When one is deluded in unrepentant sin, God turns his face away from them, their fellowship is broken and their prayers are unanswered.

It's easy to see that drinking booze is ok when using the Egyptian bibles however.  Maybe these "sipping saints" aren't using God's Word? 

• Members

One doesn't need to know the Greek to know that drinking alcohol is a sin.  The context is clear in the  King James Bible, especially when one has the power of the Holy Ghost to help them understand.  When one is deluded in unrepentant sin, God turns his face away from them, their fellowship is broken and their prayers are unanswered.

It's easy to see that drinking booze is ok when using the Egyptian bibles however.  Maybe these "sipping saints" aren't using God's Word?

This is utterly ridiculous,You know Jesus was called out of Egypt, right ?

• Members

Again...

Why not drink some "Welch's Grape Juice" if you want something sweet to drink? I mean, what sense does it make to drink an alcoholic drink unless you're expecting a "buzz"?

Proverbs 20

King James Version (KJV) 

1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

• Members

Again...

Proverbs 20
King James Version (KJV)
1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

I answered this the time you asked me, it in the paragraph, but I will repeat it,....
I am not 5 yrs old, I don't need sugary drinks to refresh me, and yes I drink so my face can shine Psalm 104:15
Yes, this Proverb is right, drink responsibly, it's a shame the world has a healthier out look to this point than some believers

• Members

I answered this the time you asked me, it in the paragraph, but I will repeat it,....
I am not 5 yrs old, u don't need sugary drinks to refresh me, and yes I drink so my face can shine Psalm 104:15
Yes, this Proverb is right, drink responsibly, it's a shame the world has a healthier out look to this point than some believers

So here's a question. Would it be ok to have a responsible drink in the church building? Perhaps while leaning on the altar or on the platform? Why or why not?

• Administrators

I am not 5 yrs old, u don't need sugary drinks to refresh me, and yes I drink so my face can shine Psalm 104:15

Jeffrey, in the interest of contexual integrity, Psalm 104:15 does not advocate that drinking is to make one's face shine.

The context is showing us what God has given us. Verse 14 states "He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth:"

The entire Psalm is extolling the majesty and goodness of God.  Verse 15 says: "And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart."  It is the oil that makes man's face shine (likely olive oil, since that was/is the predominate oil there), not wine.  

Just wanted to clear up a contextual issue. 

And how would wine gladden the heart? Is it speaking of fermentation? If it is, then we have to look at Proverbs (realizing that neither Psalms nor Proverbs are doctrinal books, but rather wisdom books) and see that God says not to even look on wine when it's fermented - a specific condition of yayin (the word used for wine in both passages).  Hmmm - seems there is a contradiction in God's Word, then.  Is there?  Of course not.

The yayin that is described in Proverbs 23 is what we call alcoholic wine.  All three phrases that are used specifically point to wine that has fermented.  If every instance of yayin was talking about wine that had completely fermented, there would be no need for God to point out that there is yayin that we aren't even to look at...

As to "make glad", did you know that the same Hebrew word that is translated "make glad" is also used in verse 104:31 where it says, "the LORD shall rejoice in his works"?  I don't think God is feeling a buzz...  In the reading of Psalm 104, verse 15 points out that oil makes the face shine, bread strengthens the heart, and wine makes the heart glad. Reading it as written gives the idea of quenching thirst, not getting a buzz.  Claiming that the yayin in this verse means alcoholic (keeping in mind God's prohibition of looking at it while fermented) is reading into the text rather than just reading it...

As to Deut. 14:26, check out Bibliotheca Sacra  Article 5.  It has some interesting points (it was written in 1880) especially in regards to tirosh, shekhar, shakar, and yayin.  (the context is fresh harvest...fresh, not fermented).

Archived