• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Fellowship

GraceSaved

• Members

1 John 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

• Members

Part of understanding true fellowship is to understand all aspects of fellowship, like who and who not to fellowship with and why, and then to correctly apply all aspects of fellowship.  Half a picture or understanding of fellowship is a dangerous way to leave things.  I simply brought up scripture that tells us who we are not to fellowship with and why seeing only a partial teaching/sharing was done in the OP.  And it was all still in line with fellowship.

I wasn't trying to explain "what" fellowship is but "why" we should fellowship.

• Members

Part of understanding true fellowship is to understand all aspects of fellowship, like who and who not to fellowship with and why, and then to correctly apply all aspects of fellowship.  Half a picture or understanding of fellowship is a dangerous way to leave things.  I simply brought up scripture that tells us who we are not to fellowship with and why seeing only a partial teaching/sharing was done in the OP.  And it was all still in line with fellowship.

I think if we are true Christians we should know who we should or should not fellowship with.

• Members

I wasn't trying to explain "what" fellowship is but "why" we should fellowship.

And I was trying to explain "what" Christian Fellowship is and "why" we should not fellowship over certain things,  Which included everything from false teaching, heretic practices and outright disobedience and denial of scripture.

The OP made it seem that as long as they had "common beliefs, purposes and goals, believe the gospel, and focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us" there was true Christian fellowship.  Without recognizing that some of Christ's "desires and goals" for our correct "fellowship and unity" is that we mark and have not fellowship with those who teach false teaching or teach for personal gain, those who disobey the word of God and those who hold to heretic practices.

Through a balance of scriptural understanding do we see that true Biblical Christian Fellowship is based on the words of God, the Holy Bible, not the thoughts and ideas of "desires and goals".  Unity on a false practice, teaching and disobedience to the word of God does not create true Christian fellowship.

I hope that some here would not construe that those in the Body of Christ that we should not be fellowshipping with (some named above) are not true Christians. 

• Members

And I was trying to explain "what" Christian Fellowship is and "why" we should not fellowship over certain things,  Which included everything from false teaching, heretic practices and outright disobedience and denial of scripture.

The OP made it seem that as long as they had "common beliefs, purposes and goals, believe the gospel, and focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us" there was true Christian fellowship.  Without recognizing that some of Christ's "desires and goals" for our correct "fellowship and unity" is that we mark and have not fellowship with those who teach false teaching or teach for personal gain, those who disobey the word of God and those who hold to heretic practices.

Through a balance of scriptural understanding do we see that true Biblical Christian Fellowship is based on the words of God, the Holy Bible, not the thoughts and ideas of "desires and goals".  Unity on a false practice, teaching and disobedience to the word of God does not create true Christian fellowship.

I hope that some here would not construe that those in the Body of Christ that we should not be fellowshipping with (some named above) are not true Christians. 

Ok.  Thanks.  Points noted.

• Members

True Christian fellowship is more than what happens in a church building with rituals and ceremonies valuable as that may be.  It can never replace serving God in other's homes and lives.  The early churches met, ate, prayed and studied in each other's homes. 

• Members

True Christian fellowship is more than what happens in a church building with rituals and ceremonies valuable as that may be.  It can never replace serving God in other's homes and lives.  The early churches met, ate, prayed and studied in each other's homes. 

They also fellowshipped in schools, at lake and riversides, in religious buildings, in fields, on mountainsides etc etc etc....

The Church is not a building  It is the body of Christ

Archived