• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian Fellowship

GraceSaved

• Members

I noticed you didn't say Gender.  Very interesting and revealing Ms.

the Bible and the church (the body of Christ) does discriminate on gender

I didn't need to since gender was the first thing you asked...I just added the other things I didn't want to be discriminated for.  You are not obligated to read my posts.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Acts 18:26

First I did not discriminate on your age, race or local fellowship but as far an in the Body of Christ I can discriminate against your gender when it comes to sharing a teaching.

Second, concerning the verse you quoted, you will notice that her husband was also there and that they had pulled him aside privately and not openly in the assembly.

This is an open forum.

Have a good day Maam.

• Members

Acts 21:8-9 And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him. And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.

The Bible does not say a woman cannot preach, only that she cannot hold the office of Pastor/Bishop/Elder.

Ruckmanite's don't like Acts 18 or 21.  They expose the false stance they espouse.

• Members

1 Corinthians 11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

Note that the Apostle did not say they could not prophesy, only that they could not prophesy with their heads uncovered without dishonouring their head.

• Members

Also this forum is an "assembly" of believers, we gather here for like minded fellowship, and if a woman is teaching, as you are doing, it is in direct disobedience to the word of God.  But if you are a male then all is ok.

a Christian forum is an gathering of Christians discussing topics and we are gathered in the same virtual room called forum.  But teaching or sharing a teaching is what it is.

Just because there were no Internet at the time of Paul doesn't change that fact that this is an assembling place of believers.

And the fact that you may be a woman who has authority over men does not change the fact you are in disobedience as well.

If you truly believe this forum is the same as a church and women presenting biblical interpretation and holding positions of "authority" as moderators is "teaching or usurping authority over men" in a church setting, then you are obligated by Rom 16:17 to go somewhere else. There are many people here who have different understandings of various doctrines that you would consider "contrary to what you have learned." Therefore, you must avoid them by leaving this forum. I'm not trying tell you that you should leave or that you're not welcome here, I'm just taking your assertions to their logical conclusion. If you believe OnlineBaptist is the same as a church and believe false doctrine is being promoted, then you really have no choice but to either break fellowship from it or be in direct disobedience yourself.

• Members

First I did not discriminate on your age, race or local fellowship but as far an in the Body of Christ I can discriminate against your gender when it comes to sharing a teaching.

Second, concerning the verse you quoted, you will notice that her husband was also there and that they had pulled him aside privately and not openly in the assembly.

This is an open forum.

Have a good day Maam.

A church and forum are very different settings.  I don't think I have to explain to you the difference.  You can make a choice on a forum what you want to or not want to read or respond to. 

• Members

This is an open forum.

Have a good day Maam.

I suppose they took him aside so as not to disrupt the assembly.

• Members

1 Corinthians 11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

Note that the Apostle did not say they could not prophesy, only that they could not prophesy with their heads uncovered without dishonouring their head.

1Tim 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.   But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.   For Adam was first formed, then Eve.   And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.   Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

My baptist background puts this in the assembly but truthfully there is not mention of an assembly here at all.

So I stand corrected on teaching in the assembly when in reality a woman is not to teach men period, on a forum or in a church.

Grace, they took him aside to "expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly."  not in order to disrupt the assembly.

• Members

1Tim 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.   But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.   For Adam was first formed, then Eve.   And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.   Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

My baptist background puts this in the assembly but truthfully there is not mention of an assembly here at all.

So I stand corrected on teaching in the assembly when in reality a woman is not to teach men period, on a forum or in a church.

Grace, they took him aside to "expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly."  not in order to disrupt the assembly.

:ot:

Archived