• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian Fellowship

GraceSaved

• Members

Christian fellowship is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith.

The privilege that is Christian fellowship is that it exists because God has enabled it by His grace. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described in John 17:23 

This relationship must be the basis of Christian fellowship. We can have friendships and relationships with unbelievers, but true Christian fellowship can only occur within the body of Christ. We are united to one another by common beliefs, purposes and goals. We know that we are strangers in this world, and we long for the time when we will be in our true home, heaven.

The importance of true Christian fellowship helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us.  In true Christian fellowship, Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What would that help with?  Why is it relevant?  I am a human Christian made in the image of God.  :-)

Believe me it is relevant.  Most of the time it seems the writing is from a woman.  If we know that then we can answer accordingly.

Also this forum is an "assembly" of believers, we gather here for like minded fellowship, and if a woman is teaching, as you are doing, it is in direct disobedience to the word of God.  But if you are a male then all is ok.

• Members

You can take that up in another thread.

always seems to be your answer to everything.

you Start a teaching thread and vaguely use scripture it tends to points to the fact that you may be a woman trying to teach men.

Why are you so defensive if someone asks whether you are a male of female.

Let me know what gender via PM if it is too difficult for you to do openly. 

• Members

always seems to be your answer to everything.

you Start a teaching thread and vaguely use scripture it tends to points to the fact that you may be a woman trying to teach men.

Why are you so defensive if someone asks whether you are a male of female.

Let me know what gender via PM if it is too difficult for you to do openly. 

I choose not to be labeled, although I already have been negatively in other posts.  I believe I am "sharing."

• Moderators

This is a forum, not a church. It has already been established in past threads that it is not inappropriate for women to teach in this setting - as it is not a church setting and they are not teaching with the spiritual authority of that church. That is the kind of teaching that is forbidden in Scripture. 

• Members

This is a forum, not a church. It has already been established in past threads that it is not inappropriate for women to teach in this setting - as it is not a church setting and they are not teaching with the spiritual authority of that church. That is the kind of teaching that is forbidden in Scripture. 

I was going to say that.  Thank you.

• Members

a Christian forum is an gathering of Christians discussing topics and we are gathered in the same virtual room called forum.  But teaching or sharing a teaching is what it is.

Just because there were no Internet at the time of Paul doesn't change that fact that this is an assembling place of believers.

And the fact that you may be a woman who has authority over men does not change the fact you are in disobedience as well.

But my main reason for asking was to be able to reply accordingly

• Members

Well then I should say I don't want discrimination based on age, race, where I live, what church I belong to, etc.  Thank you for your respect in this matter.

I noticed you didn't say Gender.  Very interesting and revealing Ms.

the Bible and the church (the body of Christ) does discriminate on gender

Archived