• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

When Marijuana Becomes Legal In Your State...

The Glory Land

• Members

Proverbs 23:31 (KJV) 31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, [when] it moveth itself aright.

Proverbs 23:32 (KJV) 32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.

Why would God tell a people under the Law not to look upon fermented wine and tell them to buy fermented wine? He would not. The wine and strong drink in Deuteronomy 14 was not an alcoholic wine.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A rather twisted thread, but from what I've seen it seems some think medical pot use is okay, some don't, and while there has been argument over the effects of pot it seems all agree it's not for recreational use among Christians.

I'll go one better. It's not for Christian use PERIOD!!!

There's never a right time to do the wrong thing.

The problem with legalization is that the youth of America thinks legal is equal with morally right.

Therefore change the law change the morality. What next legalize murder. Why that's crazy paid4 that will never happen. Well, what about abortion.

Be ye not conformed to this world.

• Members

Proverbs 23:31 (KJV) 31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, [when] it moveth itself aright.
Proverbs 23:32 (KJV) 32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.
Why would God tell a people under the Law not to look upon fermented wine and tell them to buy fermented wine? He would not. The wine and strong drink in Deuteronomy 14 was not an alcoholic wine.

First off; Proverbs is a book of wisdom, not commands
Secondly; the context if those verses in Proverbs are describing a person who is drunk, having a drink doesn't make one a drunkard, nor does one meal make one a glutton, nor one glance at an attractive woman mean your listing after her

• Members

I'll go one better. It's not for Christian use PERIOD!!!

There's never a right time to do the wrong thing.

The problem with legalization is that the youth of America thinks legal is equal with morally right.
Therefore change the law change the morality. What next legalize murder. Why that's crazy paid4 that will never happen. Well, what about abortion.

Be ye not conformed to this world.

It's sad when Christians are more concerned with morality that the Gospel

• Members

Whatsoever thy soul lusteth after.

It what thy soul wants, not what God wants for you.

Lust is used in two senses apparently - in the negative sense, or in Deuteronomy, several time as an exception "if this is too hard, then do as your heart lusts."

The sense is if you can't do the best, then settle for whatever.

But would be an interesting study.

Some form of allowance perhaps, but stopping short of commending it.

• Members

It's sad when Christians are more concerned with morality that the Gospel

I don't understand how the Gospel of Jesus Christ and morality are not connected. I don't understand how someone who is born again and understands what it cost God to save man, cannot strive to be a moral person. All law and morality comes from God himself. Why do people insist on taking on the name Christian and not the lifestyle it requires. Christianity is not a game or a joke or something cool to call yourself. If you're truly saved then there has to be repentance shown in your life. I'm not preaching salvation by any kind of works but a tree can be identified by its fruit.

Separate yourselves from this world!!!!!

Titus 2:14

1 Peter 2:9-12

Romans 12:1-2

Deuteronomy 7 (the whole chapter but especially VS 6)

2 Corinthians 6:17

Exodus 33:16

Leviticus 20:24-26

And on and on and on

• Members

Morality is whatever man says it is, and therefore is subjective and open to change.

The Gospel is unchanging and the Word of God sure and eternal.

We venture into dangerous ground when we couch our arguments in terms of morality rather than the unchanging Word of God.

• Members

I don't understand how the Gospel of Jesus Christ and morality are not connected. I don't understand how someone who is born again and understands what it cost God to save man, cannot strive to be a moral person. All law and morality comes from God himself. Why do people insist on taking on the name Christian and not the lifestyle it requires. Christianity is not a game or a joke or something cool to call yourself. If you're truly saved then there has to be repentance shown in your life. I'm not preaching salvation by any kind of works but a tree can be identified by its fruit.

Separate yourselves from this world!!!!!

Titus 2:14

1 Peter 2:9-12

Romans 12:1-2

Deuteronomy 7 (the whole chapter but especially VS 6)

2 Corinthians 6:17

Exodus 33:16

Leviticus 20:24-26

And on and on and on

So if Jesus drank wine, made it for a wedding, then no Christian can partake?? got it

Funny you use Deuteronomy 7, because in vs. 13, God promises the children of Israel to bless them with wine for their obedience!!!  :nuts:

• Members

The wine Jesus made was not fermented. Nor did He drink fermented wine.

Proverbs 31:4 (KJV) 4 [it is] not for kings, O Lemuel, [it is] not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:

Proverbs 31:5 (KJV) 5 Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.

• Members

The wine Jesus made was not fermented. Nor did He drink fermented wine.

Proverbs 31:4 (KJV) 4 [it is] not for kings, O Lemuel, [it is] not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:

Proverbs 31:5 (KJV) 5 Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.

your lie, tell it like you want,....

Luke 7:33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.

34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

Archived