• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

When Marijuana Becomes Legal In Your State...

The Glory Land

• Members

God made the plant for some reason. I don't have a problem with somebody who is in pain or dealing with a sickness using it in recovery, like cancer patients. Recreationally, should be up to the individual, if they want to kill themselves, have at it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Read the articles I posted.  There's other stuff a lot of people aren't aware of.  

Hemp has its uses, and there is no doubt about it (it makes great rope).  There is no real proof that it helps the pain with cancer.  It cuts down on the pain response, but is that really safe?

I will, HC.  I had no idea about a lot this stuff.  My crowd in high school just called these people stoners.  I tried to be friendly with everybody.  The stoners seemed to be missing a few screws.  LOL

I didn't know that about Hemp.  If I were terminal, I don't know what I would do.  I really don't want to take chemotherapy like my dad did.  Do you know if there is anything natural to take for cancer?  I would think that God would put something on the earth for it.  He provides everything for us.  And, I know that the FDA is making a bundle off of man made drugs.

• Members

I will, HC.  I had no idea about a lot this stuff.  My crowd in high school just called these people stoners.  I tried to be friendly with everybody.  The stoners seemed to be missing a few screws.  LOL
I didn't know that about Hemp.  If I were terminal, I don't know what I would do.  I really don't want to take chemotherapy like my dad did.  Do you know if there is anything natural to take for cancer?  I would think that God would put something on the earth for it.  He provides everything for us.  And, I know that the FDA is making a bundle off of man made drugs.

God made the plant for a purpose CL, if it helped you get through the pain, there is no sin in that,..

• Administrators

There are a lot of natural things to use for cancer, depending on what kind it is.  That doesn't mean it will work.  God tells us that we are all appointed once to die - when it is our appointed time, we will go, no matter what we do. But that doesn't mean the natural stuff won't work, either.

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with marijuana if it actually, truly helps with medical conditions.  However, there is no real proof that it does actually help.  IF someone is terminal, and the marijuana is going to help with the pain, then I have no more problem with that than I do codeine (which they gave my dad...but he didn't use it because he didn't want his mind dulled).  I just don't think people should think that it will cure. It won't. And as it might aid in pain response (it doesn't stop the pain, it simply blocks the response - which for recreational users could be very problematic...and that problem could be translated to non-users...), I wouldn't be against it.

I don't have a problem with states outlawing it for recreational purposes.  Nor do I have a problem with states legalizing it for (true) medicinal purposes.

God did make the plant for a purpose. But that doesn't mean He made if for people to get high on.  And I don't think anyone said it would be sin to use it for pain.  But there is not sufficient study done to show that it actually is efficacious.  Read the articles... :icon_smile:

• Members

God made the plant for a purpose CL, if it helped you get through the pain, there is no sin in that,..

I know that Jeffrey.  Like I said, I would only take it if I were terminal.  

There are a lot of natural things to use for cancer, depending on what kind it is.  That doesn't mean it will work.  God tells us that we are all appointed once to die - when it is our appointed time, we will go, no matter what we do.

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with marijuana if it actually, truly helps with medical conditions.  However, there is no real proof that it does actually help.  IF someone is terminal, and the marijuana is going to help with the pain, then I have no more problem with that than I do codeine (which they gave my dad...but he didn't use it because he didn't want his mind dulled).  I just don't think people should think that it will cure. It won't. And as it might aid in pain response (it doesn't stop the pain, it simply blocks the response - which for recreational users could be very problematic...and that problem could be translated to non-users...), I wouldn't be against it.

I don't have a problem with states outlawing it for recreational purposes.  Nor do I have a problem with states legalizing it for (true) medicinal purposes.

God did make the plant for a purpose. But that doesn't mean He made if for people to get high on.  And I don't think anyone said it would be sin to use it for pain.  But there is not sufficient study done to show that it actually is efficacious.  Read the articles... :icon_smile:

I will have to consult an herbalist on that if I ever get cancer.  I don't know of anything natural, and I would want something that works to help with pain and overall sickness.

I know that MJ doesn't cure cancer.  My son told me that.  He has never done marijuana and has no desire to do it.  My missionary friends say that they give codeine in Scotland for cancer.

Like I said, I never liked it.  I don't know why people don't want to have all their faculties about them.  It reminds me of the "Cheech and Chong" movies I saw years ago.   :nuts:     

• Members

Does it have a use? Sure, manila line. If you need something to artificially alter your mood or attitude then you have a problem -- address the problem, not artificially cover it up.

Are you one of those guys who go to the dentist and don't use novacane? Did you ever have to use pain meds for an operation of some sort? If you have used any of the drugs, then you are being hypocritical in your assessment of marijauna. No body is advocating recreational use,but only in the area of pain management

• Moderators

Are you one of those guys who go to the dentist and don't use novacane? Did you ever have to use pain meds for an operation of some sort? If you have used any of the drugs, then you are being hypocritical in your assessment of marijauna. No body is advocating recreational use,but only in the area of pain management

First: I have had 3 surgeries and used far less pain meds than prescribed and NONE that would cause me to not be in control of my faculties.

Second: It was mentioned about legalizing MJ (not just allowing for med) which opens up recreational use (refer to Col and Wash).

Third: I mentioned altering MOOD and/or ATTITUDE, not pain.

• Members

Second: It was mentioned about legalizing MJ (not just allowing for med) which opens up recreational use (refer to Col and Wash).

The states have the right to bring it to a vote, let them vote on it. I don't think God will judge over that, there are far more weightier things He would judge us over

Besides, Colorado and Washington have teams in the Super Bowl right?(that's a joke for you who don't have a sense of humor)

Funny you say that, coffee has the same effect on people, you wanna' ban that too? how about food? people eat when they are stressed or happy or when they are at a party

• Members

First: I have had 3 surgeries and used far less pain meds than prescribed and NONE that would cause me to not be in control of my faculties.

Marijuana does not make you lose control of your facilities

The states have the right to bring it to a vote, let them vote on it. I don't think God will judge over that, there are far more weightier things He would judge us over

Besides, Colorado and Washington have teams in the Super Bowl right?(that's a joke for you who don't have a sense of humor)

Funny you say that, coffee has the same effect on people, you wanna' ban that too? how about food? people eat when they are stressed or happy or when they are at a party

• Administrators

Sorry, but pot does too alter a person's mind. And it affects perception and mobility and reaction time as well, among other things. Anyone who denies that 1. Has never tried it. 2. Is lying. Or 3. Like the drunk who can stop any time, is fooling him/herself.

Coffe in NO way at all has the same effect. Not in the least bit.

Archived