• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

User Names

DaveW

• Members

I own a guitar, (six string) but have not learned to play it yet.  I have also owned a trombone and a violin.  I didn't know how to play them either.  I can sit down at a piano and pick out one note at a time tunes, but have not learned any more than that.

I also write songs and am hoping someone can get them and use them some day as my singing voice is getting more and more distant from where it was years ago when I sang bass with a group called Restoration.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I chose my name when I first came on OB several years ago.  I just thought it sounded nice and goes with the Bible in a way.

My son plays the guitar and is quite good at it.  I am not being bias, either.   :icon_smile:

I remember when Jerry had numbers next to his name.  I really miss him.  I also remember the other, Jerry HC.  

• Members

My name is Earl Keith Smith I've been called Keith all my life though . I'm not to good at making up user names. I wanted to use Keith Smith but someone here has that one ? there is a name that I use as a User name when I speak to others in this world,because there's no Greater Name, no Greater love,then that of the Lord Jesus. 

• Members

first, I was Lefton. then I was Proverbs 31 30, now I'm thinking spring so I'm now Miss Daisy :D

Personally, on the members list they should take everyone off that hasn't been active in the past year. Would make it a lot easier to find someone without having to scroll through 100's of people's names who haven't even been on here in 10 years!

• Members

Its good to have family into music. Most of my family is musical, though my sister, who plays piano, and I are the only ones who play anything, but we all sing. Kind of like the Von Trapps, but no one has made a movie about us as of yet.

Don't hold your breath Ukelelemike.  ;)  BTW, I don't know if you knew, but most of the Von Trapp children and grandchildren are saved.  The evangelist that led me to Christ has preached in their church. 

• Members

I was just thinking how some here have user names that make you chuckle, some make you have a quiet laugh, some make you wonder what it means, and some which just don't fit the character.

I was looking today at Galations - it is spelt wrong! I don't point it out to be picky, I just have a quiet chuckle to myself whenever I see it. ;)

Hey .... are you making fun of me ......... 

1 Timothy 1:15 has always been a favorite verse for me and I claimed it for two reasons (1) It reminds me of my position in Christ "saved by GRACE" and (2) I am a retired Navy Chief. However...you can call me Dave if you want to.

• Members

I carried one of my guitars out in the pastureonce, to play for the sheep. see how they would react......it was the first time I ever had an audience walk out on me. Guess I could try my son's (auto) harp next time.

I remember when reading John Wesley's journal, he played music to horses and they seemed to like it, so he went to the zoo and played 4to the lions, if I remember correctly.

I think I might have mentioned this before sometime, but my name comes from the first two letters of each of my names. I created it a loooong time ago when I first got on the web (on a Star Trek forum, ahem) and needed a fake name. BTW, it is NOT pronounced "Sally Ann".  :umno:

I used to work with a girl called "Salyan" but she did pronounce it Sally Anne.  When she started she was a Gothic Punk.

• Moderators

Don't hold your breath Ukelelemike.   ;)  BTW, I don't know if you knew, but most of the Von Trapp children and grandchildren are saved.  The evangelist that led me to Christ has preached in their church. 

Neat!

Good to hear they are saved, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, I do not usually join in the more conversational threads; but I decided to join in this one.

I am simply who I am, and what the Lord our God by His abundant grace and mercy called me to be in service to Him.  (In addition, name recognition it a little bit important when you author books, so I stuck with my name.)

Concerning musical instruments, I took six years of piano lessons in High School, but absolutely hate practicing.  Thus I do not play.  However, I truly love singing; and that is my instrument of choice.  The six years of lessons were not a waste for me since they laid down a good foundation in musical understanding.

Just my little contribution to the conversation.

Archived