• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

User Names

DaveW

• Members

I was just thinking how some here have user names that make you chuckle, some make you have a quiet laugh, some make you wonder what it means, and some which just don't fit the character.

I was looking today at Galations - it is spelt wrong! I don't point it out to be picky, I just have a quiet chuckle to myself whenever I see it. ;)

And Irish - a gentle laugh - I assumed from the start that he may have been of Irish descent, but it is an assumption... :lol:

Jerrynumbers (anyone heard from him by the way?) - I remember when he had actual numbers at the end and the silliness which led to the change. :lol:

The others have slipped my mind as I post this but I know there have been some whose name doesn't fit their character at all - irony.......
I don't think about those ones too much.

I have had some silly usernames elsewhere over time, but here it is just DaveW......

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mine is a Fenix - about 20 years old. Nice action, nice sound.

12 string is so complimentary - makes me sound so much better than I am. :lol:

I know what you mean.......mine makes me sound at least twice as good....or twice as bad :sick: Good action is a big plus, especially with a 12-string. And many say a guitar sounds better with age.

• Members

Not a user name but a real name in our church.  We have a Mrs Esther, which is by itself a common name, BUT when her first name is Polly she becomes a cheap fabric Polly Esther.  She says, :"had I known 55 years ago when I met Mr. Esther, before the fabric was even invented, I might not have gone out on a second date with him!"

• Moderators

When I chose a username "John" was already taken so I added the year I was born again to my name which gave me "John81".

And here what with seeing your avatar I had you pictured for around 50! Thought maybe 81 was when you got saved.    :nuts:

That mess with Jerrynumbers! That was hilarious!! Especially afterward when he actually changed his name to Jerrynumbers! Not like we could ever remember the numerals anyways....  :lol:

• Moderators

I think I might have mentioned this before sometime, but my name comes from the first two letters of each of my names. I created it a loooong time ago when I first got on the web (on a Star Trek forum, ahem) and needed a fake name. BTW, it is NOT pronounced "Sally Ann".  :umno:

• Members

I was just thinking how some here have user names that make you chuckle, some make you have a quiet laugh, some make you wonder what it means, and some which just don't fit the character.

I was looking today at Galations - it is spelt wrong! I don't point it out to be picky, I just have a quiet chuckle to myself whenever I see it. ;)

And Irish - a gentle laugh - I assumed from the start that he may have been of Irish descent, but it is an assumption... :lol:

Jerrynumbers (anyone heard from him by the way?) - I remember when he had actual numbers at the end and the silliness which led to the change. :lol:

The others have slipped my mind as I post this but I know there have been some whose name doesn't fit their character at all - irony.......
I don't think about those ones too much.

I have had some silly usernames elsewhere over time, but here it is just DaveW......

Here's a funny user name, Obama...    :woohoo:

• Moderators

Well, uh, my name is MIke, and, well, I play the ukulele. Howzzat?

Some were speaking of strings earlier-I have one uke which is actually a charango, a 10-stringed Bolivian instrument I bought at a thrift store for $40-I removed two strings and double-tuned the strings so I have an 8-stringed uke, which sounds rather like a Mandolin-its my wife's favorite.

Archived