• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mass Homosexual ‘Wedding’ Officiated Live During Grammy Awards Show

RSS Robot

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not bearing false witness at all.

Scripture says

2 Corinthians 6:17 (KJV) 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,

2 Corinthians 6:18 (KJV) 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

It is obvious from NG's own web page she is not saved. How many true Christians channel the spirits of dead Catholics? None that I know of.

• Members

It's already been explained to you what "channeling" means, and it's not the occultic practice you keep putting forth.

Once again you are judging once salvation based upon your belief they are not walking in perfect holiness. That's unscriptural.

Romans 10:13

• Members

A question:
If a person believes on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and confesses to God, are they saved?

If they then sin in some way - for instance they steal a pen from the bank after filling out the deposit slip, are they still saved?

• Members

I am not bearing false witness at all.

Scripture says

2 Corinthians 6:17 (KJV) 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,

2 Corinthians 6:18 (KJV) 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

It is obvious from NG's own web page she is not saved. How many true Christians channel the spirits of dead Catholics? None that I know of.

Taken out of context.  There is a Biblical procedure to follow before we righteously judge anyone.  You will find it in my "Balancing the Christian Life" post.

• Members

A question:
If a person believes on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and confesses to God, are they saved?
If they then sin in some way - for instance they steal a pen from the bank after filling out the deposit slip, are they still saved?

Matthew 7:21 (KJV)
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:22 (KJV)
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Matthew 7:23 (KJV) 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

• Members

Natalie (and others) should heed these inspired words:

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

God is not the Father to those who claim to be His who do not separate themselves from the world.

Sure, she left early. But the fact that she was there in the first place proves she did not separate from them. Her unwillingness to speak out against sin shows an unwillingness to separate.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Col 4:6 Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Again, you have no idea what was in hear head, you have no idea what she was going to say. You cannot read minds 

• Members

Matthew 7:21 (KJV)
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:22 (KJV)
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Matthew 7:23 (KJV) 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

When dealing with Laura, you showed no evidence of Christ in your life,

• Members

Biblical separation is not Lordship salvation (which is works based salvation).  Biblical separation is Christian living.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Saved people don't have the "desire" to live like the world.  We are "in the world", not "of the world".  This is not Lordship salvation.

Biblical separation is not Lordship salvation (which is works based salvation).  Biblical separation is Christian living.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Saved people don't have the "desire" to live like the world.  We are "in the world", not "of the world".  This is not Lordship salvation.

Let me ask you Linda, if you are separated and not of the world, where do you do your shopping?

Paul wrote that if we were to separate from unbelievers, we would have to leave the world. but we are stuck here aren't we?

• Members

A question:

That's getting kind of ridiculous, DaveW.  Taking a pen from a bank is not willful stealing...it is something people do when they are being forgetful....that's why most banks chain their pens to the desk.

Salvation does not eradicate our sin nature....we still sin and we don't lose our salvation when we do. (1 John 1:8-2:2).  Salvation is not a license to sin (Romans 6:1-2, 15)...sin should not be our "lifestyle".  We don't become "sinless", but we do "sin less".   Our desire as a born again Christian is to please God and live godly lives.  Here's a question for you:

How do you share Christ with the lost if the lost don't see "Christ in you"?

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

• Members

It is ridiculous to think that, because a Christian disapproves of sin that they are not loving and praying for people.  It appears that some have come here with the presupposition that OB members are not loving and are allowing our personal prejudices cloud our judgment.  It makes me wonder who's actually being judgmental...

an you show me anywhere on hear where people are being loving and concerned for the lost? I see more people looking down their noses to unbeleivers

• Members

Linda, How do you reconcile that with the statement I quoted above?

A clear statement that someone who claims salvation is not saved because of their actions?

And by the way, it is not ridiculous - I said "stealing" not "taking", indicating it is a minor but wilful theft.

• Members

How on God's green earth did you come up with this assessment?

You,,," right there should be a clear indication that so-called Christian artists are in it for the fame, and want to avoid "controversy" (Bible calls it persecution) at the first sign of trouble. Instead of using this opportunity to stand up and declare in clear unambiguous terms why she left, she said in a nut shell "I don't want to argue".

They should have had Emmy and Tony awards at the same time so they could honor those who were there acting like Christians."

like i said earlier, you have no idea what was in hear head or what she was intending to say, it could have done more harm than good.

you said,..."If I was ever awarded for a song I wrote, in my 30 second speech I would give as concise an explanation of the gospel as I could within that amount of time, kindly hand the idol award back, and explain that if what I have written has moved your feet more than it has your heart, I can not accept such accolades from the world, and have failed as an "artist". I would likely never be nominated again."

you weren't there, didn't get an award and have no idea how you would have reacted

• Members

Let me ask you Linda, if you are separated and not of the world, where do you do your shopping?

Paul wrote that if we were to separate from unbelievers, we would have to leave the world. but we are stuck here aren't we?

I said (if you had read my post w/o your pre-supposed ideas) that we are "IN THE WORLD",  but "NOT OF THE WORLD".  I don't and neither does anyone here, live in a monastary/convent secluded from the world (unless that person is a Catholic nun or monk).

Paul did not say that "if we separate from unbelievers, we would have to leave the world".  Show me that Scripture please.

What Paul did say was that we were not to be "conformed to this world (system)" but we are to be "transformed by the renewing of our MIND"

Archived