• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mass Homosexual ‘Wedding’ Officiated Live During Grammy Awards Show

RSS Robot

• Members

Grant publically gave all glory to God and publically proclaimed she was happy with her decision not to pursue a secular music career and was more than content to sing for the Lord.

Grant's actions have brought a huge attack from the lost because they recognize the stand she took for Christ. The fact some of her brothers/sisters in Christ are attacking her is a real shame and we should recall that Scripture asks who we are to judge His servants.

How many other Christians have been led of the Lord to do that which many Christians declared was wrong and time has shown they were following the leading of the Lord? Christ was condemned as a drunkard and worse for taking the Gospel to the lost, and this by the religious leaders of His day. Never mind it's the lost who need to hear the Gospel and see people of God in His service.

Even Paul proclaimed his joy that the Gospel was being preached while he was in prison, even by those who were preaching the Gospel in an attempt to outshine Paul. Though their motives were wrong, and Paul could have focused upon that and lashed out at them, Paul rather rejoiced that Gospel was being proclaimed. We should do the same.

Like all of us, Grant will be judged of God, whether for reward or rebuke, and that's what will count (or not) for eternity.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since when is the dispute about homosexuality and Christianity a "political argument"? That's half the problem. Half the church has been rendered brain-dead by swallowing the lie that if a moral issue is also a political issue, it should be left out of the realm of Christian debate or comment.

Furthermore, part of Biblical repentance is agreeing with God on what sin is as defined by the Bible. When a person says, "Yes, well all sin, but some things are not really sinful-like homosexuality", that's not Biblical repentance, and so it IS a gospel issue. As long as a person refuses to agree with what God calls sin, that person can not claim to be a sinner in the Biblical sense because they are still maintaining that there is at least one thing in their belief system that is meritorious and righteous.

Secondly, where in the Bible is music supposed to be the Christian's platform? Now I don't have a problem with good Godly music, but when a person claims that their "ministry" in the form of music takes precedent over their God-given mouthpiece  in personal soul winning, I say, a) Hogwash and B) Scripture and verse please?

Absolutely, 1 cor 12:12. That is a gift that she is using for God. You have your gift, I have mine.
Let me ask you, why are you upset when sinful people, act sinful? They are doing what exactly what they do, sin. It's nothing new. And maybe the thoughts in her head were not pleasing to God if she spoke them and did more damage than good by calling them names? You can't read her mind!

• Moderators

Some fundamentalists are less radical or militant.

Radical is what the left call us. Not very nice to hear that from other Christians. 

As for militant - well, frankly, if fundamentalists stop being militant, they become new evangelicals. That is the historical truth. The new evangelical movement was born out of those who got tired of 'fighting'. They thought that their forebears were being too, well, militant. :wink  They didn't mean to follow the world - just stop contending quite so much all the time. But each generation takes their father's steps just a little farther... and now their grandchildren accept things that I'm sure would have shocked them.  We can look to their example and see the result of failing to 'earnestly contend for the faith'. It would be foolish of us to choose to repeat it - knowing the end.

"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it."

• Members

Radical is what the left call us. Not very nice to hear that from other Christians. 

As for militant - well, frankly, if fundamentalists stop being militant, they become new evangelicals. That is the historical truth. The new evangelical movement was born out of those who got tired of 'fighting'. They thought that their forebears were being too, well, militant. :wink  They didn't mean to follow the world - just stop contending quite so much all the time. But each generation takes their father's steps just a little farther... and now their grandchildren accept things that I'm sure would have shocked them.  We can look to their example and see the result of failing to 'earnestly contend for the faith'. It would be foolish of us to choose to repeat it - knowing the end.

"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it."

I hope you don't think I was calling anyone that.  Sometimes "fundamentalist" is used in a derogatory manner.  Why is that? Because there are some who have held up the banner of fundamentalism who have been quite guilty of being bigoted.  However, these exceptions shouldn't justify a stereotype.  It is similar in logic to saying that all blondes are dumb.  

• Members

i listened to about a minute and a half too. Couldn't stomach any more.
Very worldly.
As to judging His servants, Paul said in the book of Corinthians that we have authority to judge those that are within. Jesus said in John's Gospel to judge righteous judgment. Natalie's music, and her moves in that video were no different than a worldly music artist. Couldn't even understand the majrity of the lyrics because the music was so loud?
Feeds the flesh more than the spirit.

What do see in music that is " worldly"?

• Members

And "fundamentalists" are more geared for a performance based Christianity; more apt to fight change in culture, technology, and only view issues through the prism if their own perceptions

So "love not the world, neither the things that are in the world" is "my own perception" and not 1 John 2:15-17?

Be not conformed to this world but be transformed is "my own perception" and not Romans 12:1-2?

They mingled with the heathen and learned their ways is "my own perception" and not Psalm 106:35?

Bad communications corrupt good manners is "my own perception" and not 1 Cor 15:33?

Come out from among them and be SEPARATE is "my own perception" and not 2 Cor 6:17?

If "my own perception" means conforming my opinions according to what the Scripture says, instead of the relativistic non sense I keep seeing on this forum to placate and justify worldliness-guilty as charged.

• Moderators

I hope you don't think I was calling anyone that.  Sometimes "fundamentalist" is used in a derogatory manner.  Why is that? Because there are some who have held up the banner of fundamentalism who have been quite guilty of being bigoted.  However, these exceptions shouldn't justify a stereotype.  It is similar in logic to saying that all blondes are dumb.  

Lol! And as a blonde, I certainly don't like that kind of logic! :frog:

I'd agree that that is one reason why 'fundamentalist' is used deragatorily. In recent years, though, we have seen Christian fundamentalists (as a whole) lumped in with Muslim extremists by the media. I believe that to be a deliberate attack on all of us in the attempt to turn the popular mind against sincere Christianity. 

• Members

So "love not the world, neither the things that are in the world" is "my own perception" and not 1 John 2:15-17?

Be not conformed to this world but be transformed is "my own perception" and not Romans 12:1-2?

They mingled with the heathen and learned their ways is "my own perception" and not Psalm 106:35?

Bad communications corrupt good manners is "my own perception" and not 1 Cor 15:33?

Come out from among them and be SEPARATE is "my own perception" and not 2 Cor 6:17?

If "my own perception" means conforming my opinions according to what the Scripture says, instead of the relativistic non sense I keep seeing on this forum to placate and justify worldliness-guilty as charged.

No, you allow your personall predijuces cloud your judgment! We are commanded to love and pray for our enemies, you know God loves them right? I say this often here, a true fundamentalist will want to see Gods judgment dispensed to sinners rather than Him showing mercy and grace that was showed to them. I seriously think that they love Yahweh of the OT and despise Jesus because He was merciful to sinners!

• Members

"Love not the world."  God loved the world and the human beings who live here.  John 3:16.  We don't get to pick and choose whom to love.  Luke 10:30-37.  However, He didn't love the philosophies, priorities or the humanistic, corrupt value system that is at odds with God.

"Be not conformed to this world..."  Referring to the spirit or the worldview that rejects God.

"Worldliness."  Devoted to the temporal world or the world's wisdom, which is not wisdom at all.  1 Cor 3:18-19

1 Cor 15:33 refers to not being misled by false teachers.

"Be separate."  Refers to breaking ties with heresy and false doctrine. 1 Cor 5:9-10 is a balanced view of separatism.  We can befriend the sinner without partaking of the sin.  Luke 7:34

We are to be a light to this dark world.  Matthew 5:14-16

Archived