• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mass Homosexual ‘Wedding’ Officiated Live During Grammy Awards Show

RSS Robot

• Members

From her website, nataliegrant.com:

Wait... She channels (occult practice) the spirit of St. Francis of Assissi? And Claims to be Christian?

Sorry, but she is deceived. She is no more Christian than a garden hose is a wagon wheel.

Um...that's not from nataliegrant.com.  Don't know where you got that from.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If one gives a biblical profession of faith are we in the place of God to declare it's acceptable or not?

Grant is not involved in the occult. The term "channeling" is often used to refer to someone who harkens to another's work or style. For instance, during the last presidential race there were often claims that this or that Republican candidate was "channeling" Reagan; with the meaning being that they were speaking in a manner similar to Reagan, not that they were into spiritism.

As has been discussed in several other threads, once someone is born again in Christ they are saved forever. We are not required to walk in sinless perfection in order to maintain our salvation. Born again believers still sin and that does not make us unsaved or bar us from eternity with Christ.

• Members

The Bible says we can know the tree by the fruit it bears.  The Bible says come out from amongst them and be ye separate and I will receive you, and you shall be my sons and daughters. 

The provender is that they separate from darkness and idols according to 2 Corinthians 6. 

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

One can make a profession of faith all one wants, but if one is making that profession and "channelling the glorious spirit of St. Francis of Assissi" while professing to be a Christian, they are only deceiving themselves.  God said He would not receive such.

• Members

It certainly is from her site.  Click the About button on the page.

http://nataliegrant.com/about/

Yes.  I didn't click on "read more."  I read the whole thing and out of it you took the word "channeling" that was obviously written by someone else, take it out of context and based a her statement of faith on that.  Look it up in the dictionary.  A way, course or direction of thought. 

• Members

Biblical separation does not require believers to have no contact with unbelievers.  We are a light to the world without allowing the world to diminish our light.  Matthew 5:14-16

Biblical separation is the practice of separating from sin and error unto truth and righteousness.   We are commanded to put sin out of our lives and to avoid fellowshipping with the evil things of the world. This involves the rebuke of sin. Biblical separation means being different- not avoiding sinners, but avoiding sin.  The Christian is not told to avoid the sinner, but the sinner's works.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Ephesians 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Ephesians 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Ephesians 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
Ephesians 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
Ephesians 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
Ephesians 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Ephesians 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Ephesians 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Ephesians 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Ephesians 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.
Ephesians 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
1 Peter 4:2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
1 Peter 4:3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:
1 Peter 4:4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1 John 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

God's Word says that His people are lights to the unbelievers by being different, by being separated from the appearance of evil, not by being worldly.

Ephesians 5:13  But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

1 Thessalonians 5:22  Abstain from all appearance of evil.

• Members

Again, Grant isn't channeling anyone in the occultic sense, but rather in the literary sense the term is often used.

Who among us only produces good fruit? Who among us is fully matured in Christ so that everything one looks at in our lives is in perfect alignment with Scripture?

According to Scripture and her testimony, Grant is indeed born again. She has a biblically sound testimony and there are fruits in her life that indicate she is in Christ. Neither Grant nor anyone else has to walk in perfection to be saved or maintain salvation; and this includes not having to live a perfectly separated life, which none of us do.

• Members

Yes.  I didn't click on "read more."  I read the whole thing and out of it you took the word "channeling" that was obviously written by someone else, take it out of context and based a her statement of faith on that.  Look it up in the dictionary.  A way, course or direction of thought. 

If it wasn't her belief, she would not allow it to be on her site.

• Members

The Bible says we can know the tree by the fruit it bears.  The Bible says come out from amongst them and be ye separate and I will receive you, and you shall be my sons and daughters. 

The provender is that they separate from darkness and idols according to 2 Corinthians 6. 

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

One can make a profession of faith all one wants, but if one is making that profession and "channelling the glorious spirit of St. Francis of Assissi" while professing to be a Christian, they are only deceiving themselves.  God said He would not receive such.

And you know Natalie Grant and the fruits she bears?  Next time you see her, tell her I said hi.  Did you read these parts?  I want to be a voice that will burn bright with hope. People are desperate for something real, and that’s why I make music.”  

I found hope in the midst of my own circumstances and feel like I have created something with all of my heart that can bring hope to those who will listen. Along the way, I rediscovered myself, my art, and my faith and feel as a result, that I can honestly help others find the same.”

• Members

Biblical separation is the practice of separating from sin and error unto truth and righteousness.   We are commanded to put sin out of our lives and to avoid fellowshipping with the evil things of the world.  This sounds like lordship salvation.

• Members

Today's Sermon:  "Channeling Spirits is Beneficial" by Reverend I.C. DedPeeple.

You're not a very nice man.  Your sarcastic name calling...are those fundamental, Christian principles?  What church do you belong to?  I want to be warned so I don't go there.  

Archived