• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mass Homosexual ‘Wedding’ Officiated Live During Grammy Awards Show

RSS Robot

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, you allow your personall predijuces cloud your judgment! We are commanded to love and pray for our enemies, you know God loves them right? I say this often here, a true fundamentalist will want to see Gods judgment dispensed to sinners rather than Him showing mercy and grace that was showed to them. I seriously think that they love Yahweh of the OT and despise Jesus because He was merciful to sinners!

I don't quite understand.  Is Yahweh dead and gone or is He still relevent.  I love God the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.  I obey the same.  Sounds like some think God is dead, long live Jesus.  I am confused. :scratchchin:

God bless,

Larry

• Members

I don't quite understand.  Is Yahweh dead and gone or is He still relevent.  I love God the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.  I obey the same.  Sounds like some think God is dead, long live Jesus.  I am confused. :scratchchin:

God bless,
Larry

Larry, I don't understand what you are confused about. God has judged is judging and give the final judgment on that day. But we are called to bring the Gospel to the world. Like I said in an earlier post, I can't understand why believers are surprised when sinners sin

• Administrators

It is ridiculous to think that, because a Christian disapproves of sin that they are not loving and praying for people.  It appears that some have come here with the presupposition that OB members are not loving and are allowing our personal prejudices cloud our judgment.  It makes me wonder who's actually being judgmental...

• Members

No, you allow your personall predijuces cloud your judgment! We are commanded to love and pray for our enemies, you know God loves them right? I say this often here, a true fundamentalist will want to see Gods judgment dispensed to sinners rather than Him showing mercy and grace that was showed to them. I seriously think that they love Yahweh of the OT and despise Jesus because He was merciful to sinners!

How on God's green earth did you come up with this assessment? How is me saying a Christian should be bold and stand up for what they profess to believe akin to me claiming God doesn't love sinners and we should pray for our enemies? Are we following the same conversation? Loving sinners means telling them what God says about sin so they CAN have mercy. You don't sugar-coat sin in order to appear less "judgmental" because by feeding the sinner bad information, you are actually being less merciful to them. 

So what comes first, my so-called prejudices or my convictions? You act like I believe what I believe because I first, have a prejudice and then have a Bible verse to support my prejudice. If I didn't have Biblical convictions, I would be a drunken party animal, so if my "prejudice" means that I take living for God seriously instead of living how my flesh wants to live, you can call that whatever you want, but don't claim you know what a  "true fundamentalist" believes if you disagree with every Scripture I just posted on post#27. 

Loving and praying for your enemies does not mean keeping your mouth shut when you have the opportunity to explain how God views sin. Peter tells us to not only give an answer for our faith, but to give a REASON for it. If you can't do both you have no business calling yourself a Christian let alone a fundamentalist.

• Members

"Love not the world."  God loved the world and the human beings who live here.  John 3:16.  We don't get to pick and choose whom to love.  Luke 10:30-37.  However, He didn't love the philosophies, priorities or the humanistic, corrupt value system that is at odds with God.

"Be not conformed to this world..."  Referring to the spirit or the worldview that rejects God.

"Worldliness."  Devoted to the temporal world or the world's wisdom, which is not wisdom at all.  1 Cor 3:18-19

1 Cor 15:33 refers to not being misled by false teachers.

"Be separate."  Refers to breaking ties with heresy and false doctrine. 1 Cor 5:9-10 is a balanced view of separatism.  We can befriend the sinner without partaking of the sin.  Luke 7:34

We are to be a light to this dark world.  Matthew 5:14-16

So in other words, you are correcting the Bible by saying that 1 John 2:15-17 shouldn't be there. John must have made a mistake right? Yes, God so loved the world, but He also said that He sent the Holy Spirit to reprove the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. John 16:8-9. If your gospel does not include an explanation of sin and judgment, you are offering sinners sugar-free Kool Aid.

And 1 Cor 15:33 does not mean being mislead by false teachers, it means evil communications corrupt good manners. There's a reason Paul wrote what he wrote, how he wrote it. It means what it says. When the Bible says have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness but rather reprove them, it means have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, and reprove them. When John the Baptist confronted Herod about his immorality, did you hear Jesus rebuking John by telling him "Now John, you should be more loving, pray for your leaders and remember, since this man is a king, you're crossing the line into politics".

When Peter confronted Simon in Acts 8, he said, 

"But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee. For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity" Acts 8:20-23

If Peter preached that message today, you'd see a thousand blogs from a bunch of sissy britched Christians claiming that Peter was being too judgmental. Well thank God He chose Peter to write part of the New Testament instead of some of you relativists.

Now if you can keep the conversation in context, my comments were not about HOW sinners should have been treated, but whether or not a Christian should be in such associations with the world, and whether a professing believer should remain silent when they have opportunity (and duty) to stand up and declare what they believe from the roof tops if necessary. Christians with all this "I don't want to be too controversial" is why the world is the way it is now, and especially why America has lost its salt.

• Members

So in other words, you are correcting the Bible by saying that 1 John 2:15-17 shouldn't be there.   Where did I say that?  John must have made a mistake right?   Where did I say that?  Yes, God so loved the world, but He also said that He sent the Holy Spirit to reprove the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. John 16:8-9. If your gospel does not include an explanation of sin and judgment, you are offering sinners sugar-free Kool Aid.  Judgment for what sin?  Unbelief.  Why do you assume I wouldn't include that if I were witnessing to someone who doesn't believe?  Also, keep in mind that 1 John starts out with "my little children."  Words of affection.  He was talking to believers and also encouraged them that if we do sin, we have an advocate.  Anytime there's words of judgment and sin in any book of the Bible there are also words of encouragement and solutions.

And 1 Cor 15:33 does not mean being mislead by false teachers, it means bad communications corrupt good manners. There's a reason Paul wrote what he wrote, how he wrote it. It means what it says. When the Bible says have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness but rather reprove them, it means have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, and reprove them. If you read the whole chapter, Paul was reminding the believers of what was first preached about Jesus having risen from the dead.  They accepted that doctrine but now some were saying there was no resurrection.  That sounds like false doctrine to me.  Association with false teachers will lead to influence by them.  Bad communications corrupt good manners.  Proverbs 13:20 says the same thing in other words. When John the Baptist confronted Herod about his immorality, did you hear Jesus rebuking John by telling him "Now John, you should be more loving, pray for your leaders and remember, since this man is a king, you're crossing the line into politics".  When Jesus stood before Herod in Luke 23:9 He said nothing.  We are not to shirk our responsibility but seek God's wisdom on how and when to speak. 

When Peter confronted Simon in Acts 8, he said, 

"But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee. For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity" Acts 8:20-23

If Peter preached that message today, you'd see a thousand blogs from a bunch of sissy britched Christians claiming that Peter was being too judgmental. Well thank God He chose Peter to write part of the New Testament instead of some of you relativists. Peter was talking to Simon who was a sorcerer and not yet converted.  Are the bolded words you used above words of love for another Christian?  

Now if you can keep the conversation in context, my comments were not about HOW sinners should have been treated, but whether or not a Christian should be in such associations with the world, and whether a professing believer should remain silent when they have opportunity (and duty) to stand up and declare what they believe from the roof tops if necessary. Christians with all this "I don't want to be too controversial" is why the world is the way it is now, and especially why America has lost its salt.  We can stand up for Christ by living according to His Word and growing in our knowledge of Him.  Christians are known for their actions, demonstrated by a life of kindness, humility and compassion, not merely for their profession.  We should be ready to give an answer for what we believe done with gentleness and respect.  Knowledge is the weapon when we let Christ direct us in when and how to use it.  Salt is not the main ingredient.  It is a flavor enhancer of something that is otherwise bland.

• Members

Natalie (and others) should heed these inspired words:

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

God is not the Father to those who claim to be His who do not separate themselves from the world.

Sure, she left early. But the fact that she was there in the first place proves she did not separate from them. Her unwillingness to speak out against sin shows an unwillingness to separate.

• Members

Today's message:  "How To Grow An Ecumenical Church" by Pastor I.M. Tolerant.

Tolerance is acknowledging that others have differing beliefs and accept it is their right to do so.  It does not mean accepting those beliefs to be true.  2 Timothy 2:23-26

• Members

Natalie (and others) should heed these inspired words:

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

God is not the Father to those who claim to be His who do not separate themselves from the world.

Sure, she left early. But the fact that she was there in the first place proves she did not separate from them. Her unwillingness to speak out against sin shows an unwillingness to separate.

Biblical separation does not require believers to have no contact with unbelievers.  We are a light to the world without allowing the world to diminish our light.  Matthew 5:14-16

• Members

From her website, nataliegrant.com:

The mark of any great songwriter is the ability to make the personal universal, and Natalie finds the perfect way to address a world in need (while sorting through her own trials) on the heartrending ballad “Born To Be,” a duet with Gary LeVox, lead singer of superstar country music trio Rascal Flatts. In the song, they plaintively address a complex, increasingly broken world and ask for guidance to become all that we were “born to be.”

Along the way, Natalie explores her need to hear the “still small voice” of heaven when our natural tendency is to expect the crashing thunder and everything spelled out for us (on the hypnotic song “Whisper”); channels the glorious spirit of St. Francis of Assisi about the need to live a life of love (the propulsive pop-rocker “This Is Love”); and whispers a heartfelt, eloquent prayer for her twins Grace and Bella and baby daughter Sadie Rose on “When I Leave The Room,” whose haunting piano melody by Natalie and Herms underscores the grace-filled lyrics of renowned singer-songwriter Nichole Nordeman. The triumphant declaration “For All of Us” is a song that would be equally at home in the worship setting or on radio. One of the most powerful moments on the project is “Burn Bright,” an honest heart cry, written to a family member struggling with addiction.

Wait... She channels (occult practice) the spirit of St. Francis of Assissi? And Claims to be Christian?

Sorry, but she is deceived. She is no more Christian than a garden hose is a wagon wheel.

• Members

Born again believers get hammered more than enough by others, they shouldn't be getting bombarded by their brothers/sisters in Christ.

Are we any more perfect than Grant? Can we claim perfect separation, perfect adherence to the commands of Christ or any other claim to perfection?

While we should be thankful Christ was proclaimed to the lost and a clear public stance against wickedness was made it seems we would rather shout about how imperfect one of our sisters in Christ is.

Ultimately Grant will answer to God, as we all will, receiving reward or rebuke; but in the meantime she has a pastor and church which she is accountable to, not us.

I've read and heard Grant's salvation testimony and it's biblically sound. She might be at a different level of maturity than some of us and the Lord may be dealing with her different than we might, but that doesn't mean she is any less a sister in Christ.

Archived