• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mass Homosexual ‘Wedding’ Officiated Live During Grammy Awards Show

RSS Robot

• Members

By Heather Clark Christian News Network LOS ANGELES – A mass homosexual ‘wedding’ was officiated live during the 56th annual Grammy Awards show on Sunday. The event featured both homosexual and heterosexual couples–34 in all–who exchanged vows on stage, which was decorated to resemble a wedding chapel and featured a large choir. During the occasion, […]

View the full article

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Apparently, there were some Christian artists at this event as well. One named Natalie Grant, a notorious CCM artist, walked out. I applaud her taking a stand, but question why she would even be there in the first place, knowing the kind of crowd that is involved at these events. Later, she was criticized by people on the left, and said that she wasn't going to comment on the matter because she didn't want to use her success as a platform to debate politics. That right there should be a clear indication that so-called Christian artists are in it for the fame, and want to avoid "controversy" (Bible calls it persecution) at the first sign of trouble. Instead of using this opportunity to stand up and declare in clear unambiguous terms why she left, she said in a nut shell "I don't want to argue".

They should have had Emmy and Tony awards at the same time so they could honor those who were there acting like Christians.

• Members

Apparently, there were some Christian artists at this event as well. One named Natalie Grant, a notorious CCM artist, walked out. I applaud her taking a stand, but question why she would even be there in the first place, knowing the kind of crowd that is involved at these events. Later, she was criticized by people on the left, and said that she wasn't going to comment on the matter because she didn't want to use her success as a platform to debate politics. That right there should be a clear indication that so-called Christian artists are in it for the fame, and want to avoid "controversy" (Bible calls it persecution) at the first sign of trouble. Instead of using this opportunity to stand up and declare in clear unambiguous terms why she left, she said in a nut shell "I don't want to argue".

They should have had Emmy and Tony awards at the same time so they could honor those who were there acting like Christians.

Her leaving said more than words could say.

• Moderators

Not that I am condoning crossover music of the kind that would be honored at an event like this, but in fairness to Portman, she was being criticized for walking out on the gay weddings, when she actually walked out before then and had no idea they were about to happen. Should she have stood up against gay marriage anyways? Maybe - but that wasn't why she walked out so she didn't pretend it was.

• Members

Here is what Natalie Grant said in response,

I've tried to read all of the comments on my previous post but I can't respond to them all. Most of you have always been so supportive and encouraging to me & I'm grateful. It does sadden me when people argue, judge and hurl insults at each other from both sides of the fence. I'm not going to engage in arguments, but just have a few things I'd like to say:

I NEVER said I left during any particular performance. I only said I left early.

I never pointed out any one particular performance, I only said I had many thoughts about the entire show, which were best left inside my head and that is where they will stay. So those who say I condemned one performance but then condoned others clearly did not read the post.

What I DID say is this: I am honored to be a part of the Christian music community. I've had many people throughout my career ask why I never tried to go in to mainstream music and last night was a beautiful reminder that I love singing about Jesus and FOR Jesus.

I've judged no one. I hate no one. And I believe that every person has been created in the image of God. I will never stand on a street corner and wave a sign, I won't use my platform to engage in political arguments that will only divide and not unite. I will continue to pray that my life will be my message. I do have my own personal convictions that I live by, and I will continue to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling before the Lord. (Philippians 2:12)

I was honored to be nominated for 2 Grammy awards last night. I'm so grateful that NARAS and The Grammys continue to recognize the contribution that gospel and Christian music make to the world. And I'm so thrilled for those who won in my categories. And I can say that with all sincerity.

My last thought:

"I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus for it is the power of God who brings salvation to ALL who believe."
Romans 1:16

If she is not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, then why "keep your thoughts to yourself"? Why worry about the "division"? The fact is is that the gospel DOES divide (Matthew 10:35). If people don't know exactly why it is that she left, then what kind of stand did she really make?

I've never heard of a professing Christian taking a stand by keeping their thoughts to themselves.

"For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak." Eph 6:20. " Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay" Jer 20:9

• Members

Apparently, there were some Christian artists at this event as well. One named Natalie Grant, a notorious CCM artist, walked out. I applaud her taking a stand, but question why she would even be there in the first place, knowing the kind of crowd that is involved at these events. 

Maybe because Joni Eareckson Tada was at the Grammy's nominated for Best Original Song to the movie Alone Yet Not Alone. 

• Members

If the same people that are responsible for nominating trash from the other artists that nominate the Christian artists as well, I'm quite sure they didn't get nominated because those in the nominating process have a reverent respect for any Christian message in their music. If a nominating committee can say that a song by Katy Perry that is a virtual witchcraft ritual is as worthy of an award as songs about the cross, that should speak volumes about how these industries view music: for its musical construction, not its content. When the music sounds like the world's, you get nominated. You'll never see any hymn writers up for an award because the lyrical content as well as the lack of a worldly beat and sound would fail to meet their criteria.

If I was ever awarded for a song I wrote, in my 30 second speech I would give as concise an explanation of the gospel as I could within that amount of time, kindly hand the idol award back, and explain that if what I have written has moved your feet more than it has your heart, I can not accept such accolades from the world, and have failed as an "artist". I would likely never be nominated again.

• Members

Here is what Natalie Grant said in response, I will never stand on a street corner and wave a sign, I won't use my platform to engage in political arguments that will only divide and not unite.

political arguments and the Gospel are two different messages, she uses her music as that platform

• Members

If the same people that are responsible for nominating trash from the other artists that nominate the Christian artists as well, I'm quite sure they didn't get nominated because those in the nominating process have a reverent respect for any Christian message in their music. If a nominating committee can say that a song by Katy Perry that is a virtual witchcraft ritual is as worthy of an award as songs about the cross, that should speak volumes about how these industries view music: for its musical construction, not its content. When the music sounds like the world's, you get nominated. You'll never see any hymn writers up for an award because the lyrical content as well as the lack of a worldly beat and sound would fail to meet their criteria.

If I was ever awarded for a song I wrote, in my 30 second speech I would give as concise an explanation of the gospel as I could within that amount of time, kindly hand the idol award back, and explain that if what I have written has moved your feet more than it has your heart, I can not accept such accolades from the world, and have failed as an "artist". I would likely never be nominated again.

He song didn't sound like the world's music. In fact, I read so many people bashing her and the song (as well as God) because of it. Apparently though they pulled the nomination at the last minute.

• Members

Natalie Grant attended because she was able to sing of Jesus to the lost. She left because she couldn't remain there in good conscious. Scripture says we should be slow to speak and also that some of the things the wicked do we shouldn't even talk about. Her leaving speaks more than words and everyone, lost and saved, know why she left, not words are needed.

Another Christian artist, who actually won two awards, didn't go because she said she's been struggling lately with the pull from the world to get her to move into the secular music business. In order to avoid temptation she avoided being around the secular music world that night and chose to learn online whether she won an award or not.

From what I've seen from clips on Fox News and online, it seems much of the show turned directly to opposition to God. Katy Perry performing what many believe was an actual witchcraft ceremony during her performance, the homosexual "marriages" as previously noted, scantily clad women "dancing" using sexual moves, etc.

• Members

political arguments and the Gospel are two different messages, she uses her music as that platform

Since when is the dispute about homosexuality and Christianity a "political argument"? That's half the problem. Half the church has been rendered brain-dead by swallowing the lie that if a moral issue is also a political issue, it should be left out of the realm of Christian debate or comment.

Furthermore, part of Biblical repentance is agreeing with God on what sin is as defined by the Bible. When a person says, "Yes, well all sin, but some things are not really sinful-like homosexuality", that's not Biblical repentance, and so it IS a gospel issue. As long as a person refuses to agree with what God calls sin, that person can not claim to be a sinner in the Biblical sense because they are still maintaining that there is at least one thing in their belief system that is meritorious and righteous.

Secondly, where in the Bible is music supposed to be the Christian's platform? Now I don't have a problem with good Godly music, but when a person claims that their "ministry" in the form of music takes precedent over their God-given mouthpiece  in personal soul winning, I say, a) Hogwash and B) Scripture and verse please?

• Members

Natalie Grant attended because she was able to sing of Jesus to the lost. She left because she couldn't remain there in good conscious. Scripture says we should be slow to speak and also that some of the things the wicked do we shouldn't even talk about. Her leaving speaks more than words and everyone, lost and saved, know why she left, not words are needed.

Another Christian artist, who actually won two awards, didn't go because she said she's been struggling lately with the pull from the world to get her to move into the secular music business. In order to avoid temptation she avoided being around the secular music world that night and chose to learn online whether she won an award or not.

From what I've seen from clips on Fox News and online, it seems much of the show turned directly to opposition to God. Katy Perry performing what many believe was an actual witchcraft ceremony during her performance, the homosexual "marriages" as previously noted, scantily clad women "dancing" using sexual moves, etc.

If that excuse is valid, then we may as all line up and start hanging out at the bars and strip clubs with our tracts and Bibles, and pick a gospel tune for karoake. Or start going to the movies and then find some kind of spiritual application out of the movie and claim it can be used as a witnessing tool so we can justify putting wicked things before our eyes and ears.

When the Bible mentions not speaking of evil things, it is talking about those things done IN SECRET (Eph 5:12), which follows, "and have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them". Obviously, to reprove them, you have to talk about them, so what Paul is conveying is that Christians should not engage and enjoy the kind of routine worldly chatter done in private circles that encourages and glorifies unfruitful works.

For all anyone else knew, Grant could have left early because her babysitter had an emergency, and Grant needed to go pick up her kids. Her leaving didn't make any significant statement, other than what was said long after she left in social media. I find no where in the Bible where our denunciation of evil works are demonstrated by silent protest. 

• Members

Many Christians look at the homosexual marriage issue more in political terms than they do Christian. They focus far more upon politics in this than they do Scripture, prayer or the power of God to transform individuals, society and nations through the proclamation of the Gospel, making disciples and much prayer.

Take note that Grant didn't "hang out" at the Grammy's, she left, making an obvious and public separation of herself from the wickedness that was being promoted. In doing this, not only was she able to sing of Christ to the lost, she was able to take a very public stand for Christ in leaving. Grant's leaving the Grammy's has drawn much more attention, from lost and saved alike, than did those performers who chose not to attend (that's not saying anything against those who didn't attend, we each should follow the Lord's leading) and in this many who otherwise would not have heard the Gospel, have heard it, and the biblical stance regarding homosexuality has been published widely while the venom of the homosexuals and others has stood out in stark contrast.

Jesus, Paul, the other Apostles, countless great men of God through the ages, have all taken the Gospel to the lost and then moved on. If the Lord moved Grant in that direction at that time, who am I to stand in the way of God?

• Members

I couldn't agree more, Dr. Ach.  While reading your posts, this scripture came to my mind.

"THE wicked flee when no man pursueth:  but the righteous are bold as a lion." ~ Proverbs 28:1

Feel good Christians aren't bold.  They do everything to skate around controversy so that they can be accepted.  I believe Natalie Grant is promoting herself and not the Lord Jesus Christ.  I am so thankful that I never got caught up listening to her music.  I truly don't believe it edifies the Lord Jesus Christ.  I'll stick with the old hymns any day of the week.

• Members

He song didn't sound like the world's music. In fact, I read so many people bashing her and the song (as well as God) because of it. Apparently though they pulled the nomination at the last minute.

Thanks for sharing that video.  Beautiful, inspiring song.   

Archived