• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Situation

• Members

Actually, that is the best time for that particular book - parents learning together!!

Yeah.

Well we have a lady in our church who successfully raised five kids for the Lord, even with having a lost husband. I sometimes ask her for advice on my kids. Sometimes in conversation, she will even offer advice.

Heaven forbid though, that she offer advice around this particular mom. I have seen her get irritated about it. She won't even take advice from a seasoned "did it right" mom! I doubt a book would make an impact. Good idea though!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Why is a child that tells about another child doing something wrong called a tattle tale? What's wrong with reporting wrong doing? And or another child not minding?

That rightly reaches in to adults life as well.

Is it not actually honorable to report wrong doings?

I know I'm late to this topic, but everyone is right, confronting probably would not be good idea. Sad its that way with adults.

• Members
Why is a child that tells about another child doing something wrong called a tattle tale? What's wrong with reporting wrong doing? And or another child not minding?

That rightly reaches in to adults life as well.

Is it not actually honorable to report wrong doings?

I know I'm late to this topic, but everyone is right, confronting probably would not be good idea. Sad its that way with adults.

I think there's a fine line in there that has to be taught to children so they can discern the difference between reporting something rightly and simply telling something for the wrong reasons.

There is also that line between minding ones own business and rightly involving oneself under certain circumstances.

(Not speaking specifically of this case, but in general)

• Members

But you know, if little Johnny sees little Bobby steal little Susie's pencil and he tells he will be called a tattle tale.

If little Johnny sees little Joey pull little Sherri's pigtail and he tells he will be called a tattle tale.

If little Johnny sees little Billy push little Betty Sue and she hollers out and the teacher ask who did it and little Johnny tells he will be marked as a tattle teller.

Are they may use the word snitch.

From them on out all of his class mates will not want to have nothing to do with him for they fear they will do something wrong and little Johnny will snitch on them.

I recall, back in school we had snitches in our classed at times who wanted to get in good with the teachers hoping they would give them a good grade.

I recall, 1st, we had a terrible class, in my senior year one morning towards the end of the school year before the 1st bell rang everyone was feeling wild I suppose. Our home room teacher had told several, several different times to shut up, but it seemed no one paid her no attention.

All of a sudden we heard these words, "I can't stand it no more" very loud, everyone looked and sure enough our teacher said these words, all of a sudden she turned towards the door, out she went walking very fast out the class room door. We saw her turn the corner towards the front door of the school, them look out our class room windows and out to her car she goes, gets in it and leaves.

Them it seemed everyone was talking wondering what went on.

A few minutes later the our principle entered our room without anyone noticing, we hear a sharp sound, he had hit a ruler against the desk.

He says, "I don't know what happened in here, now who is going to tell me, Mrs. Mary Sue called me from her home and said there was trouble in here?"

You could have heard a pin drop and when it hit the floor it would have sounded like the blast from a dozen cannons. No one said a word.

Again he says, "Ok, who is going to tell me what happened in this class to cause Mrs. Mary Sue to leave like that?"

Not a word was said.

Finally he says, "From now till the 1st bell rings I better not hear a single sound from this class room, if I do, everyone of you will be in trouble."

I suppose we all believe him, for we set perfectly quite till the bell ring.

The next morning our teacher was back in the class room and every thing was normal, never a word was said about that morning, we were scared to mention it to anyone except one another.

Looking back I'm surprised we did not have a tattle tale in there that morning, surely if we had 32 of us would have had a bad morning at school and the tattle tale sure would have gotten some good points. That is one of my most memorial moments from my senior year.

• Members

We have a little terror in our church as well, My kids continued to get in trouble cause he was tattling on them for according to my kids and the rest, the thing he was tattling on wasn't true. So we told our kids to avoid him, his parents stopped coming, but his grandmother stayed so he only comes on wed. they have avoided him everysince and now its someone elses kids that keep having the trouble. our problem Grannyis blind to grandsons behaviour, and the parents don't care, which is where I think the problem lies.

• Administrators

[quote="Jerry80871852"]But you know, if little Johnny sees little Bobby steal little Susie's pencil and he tells he will be called a tattle tale.

If little Johnny sees little Joey pull little Sherri's pigtail and he tells he will be called a tattle tale.

If little Johnny sees little Billy push little Betty Sue and she hollers out and the teacher ask who did it and little Johnny tells he will be marked as a tattle teller.
[/quote]

These are the kind of cases where boys need to be taught (by their parents...daddy, especially) that they need to protect girls - and Johnny needs to sock little bobby, little Joey or little Billy in the nose!!!!

• Members

It's not politically correct (or in some warped cases, legal!) for boys to protect girls. That's sexist, brings on issues of male dominance, portrays girls as weak and less capable than guys, and any physical violence would be considered a sign of poor parenting and/or the need to drug the violent child!

• 4 months later...
Guest Guest

This really stood out while reading these posts. What are we as mom's doing having to deal with this behaviour? Shouldn't the dad's be talking to one another or atleast saying something to the unruly child? Just how my husband handled for us when son was young. Your sister in Christ--pixiedust :2cents

• Members

I don't know about this situation and all the dynamics that surround all involved.

I do agree men (the fathers) should be involved but, there is a process no matter if it is between women or men. That process is strictly Biblical.

Colossians 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

I know that circumstances, whatever they are, are put in our lives to grow spiritually and learn to trust more deeply. If the circumstance is grievious to us then, it is ever so important we not let that over come us. The best way to handle the interpersonal is prayer (1) alone, (2) with a trusted confidant, (3) wait and listen for God's answer (it is from His Word), (4) finally with that person who offended you. Never go to someone to 'express' your feelings but, go to grow closer to our Lord. Go in the spirit of meekness, if you are not sure you can be the person described in Ephesians Chap. 4, I suggest more prayer.

A spirit of 'un' anything is not what Christ wants us to be. I was unforgiving and it festered and grew into much sorrow. It's best to search out and learn what God is teaching you now, before the weight of this perfection requires a greater pressure.

• Members

In both cases with my son, I did speak to the father and nothing happened other than getting the wife even more upset. In our current church, we keep our son in sight at all times so that the little devil of a youth leaders child is kept away. If there was a better church in driving distance we would leave, but since that is not an option we have to just put up with the youth leader and his family.

Guest Guest

My husband did have to make "the stay inside rule after church for your own protection." This led some other dad's doing the same thing after investigating on their own. Long story short--it was solved by the men but in love WHILE still protecting the children, Plus--1Tim115 is completely correct! I just didn't know women were to do this as well. Learning daily--trying anyway !! :2cents pixiedust