• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Major Oral Surgery Today

• Members

I will be having major oral surgery today to have the 12 remaining teeth in my mouth extracted and have dentures installed same day.  Please pray that I come through this well, and that the Lord's hand will on the dentist hand as he operates.

Bro. Garry

In His Will.  By His Power.  For His Glory.

• 5 years later...
  • Members

On 1/24/2014 at 10:06 PM, 2bLikeJesus said:

I will be having major oral surgery today to have the 12 remaining teeth in my mouth extracted and have dentures installed same day.  Please pray that I come through this well, and that the Lord's hand will on the dentist hand as he operates.

Bro. Garry

In His Will.  By His Power.  For His Glory.

Bro. Gary,

I hope my question is not intrusive, but I wanna ask: how is life with denture? Is it as horrible as people say? Or people make it more tragic than it seems?

I'm still young and only have 1/2 removed but 2 of my dentists warned me in scary ways about the future of my teeth

• Administrators

I will pray for you Bro. Gary. I had this done many years ago and have never regretted it for a minute. I can truthfully say that I would much rather have good fitting dentures than my original teeth.

• Members

After 5 years now I love my dentures.  With the proper adhesives I can eat literally anything (though biting down on hard things with front teeth does cause issues with loosening).  My dentures are entirely comfortable though it took a couple of months of adjustments until my gums and jaw became used to them.  The first 3 months were the only adjustment period where I had to even learn how to talk with my dentures in.  

• Administrators

Gary, I just saw that this thread was posted in 2014. I don't know why it popped up as new.

I used an adhesive for the first year and hated it. I had a friend that had dentures and never used adhesive. I asked him how he  could keep his teeth in and  eat without them   flopping around. he said you just had to get used t it and the only way to do that was to just not put adhesive on and you would adjust.

He was right, I use no adhesive at all and can eat anything I like without a problem. Apples? no problem....corn on the  cob? no problem. 

You should give it a try, you will be amazed at the freedom and confidence you feel.