• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members
I agree it doesn't make any sense' date=' but then, if I thought it did I would be a ruckmanite. :lol:[/quote']

Perhaps some people who follow Ruckman truly have never researched it out. Perhaps they don't take time to read all the things he has written...I think some of them only believe some of the stuff and then distance themselves from everything else.

You don't have to read very long to see that he pulls things out of thin air. He takes Scripture and compares it with Scripture when there is no comparison to be had...I believe the best commentary on the Bible is the Bible, but you still have to use it right to properly understand it.

Also appalling are letters he has written to other people...it just makes me sad what a negative impact he has made on an issue that is so important.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know your on dial up so I tried to find somethings you can read rather than watch. :wink

In this link:
http://www.KJV1611.org.uk/Forbidden%20fruit.htm

Ruckman claims grape juice is blood, Adam was made without blood, etc. :loco Just Check out the link, it is something he actually wrote.

This link:

http://www.KJV1611.org/BBB/Bulletin%20Download%20Page.htm

Is to a paper he puts out monthly, I think they have issues from around 2004 up to date. Almost every issue seem to be pushing some false doctrine, not to mention his occasional use of curse words...

Okay...Huh...to the first thing. :roll This is something that I have never heard. WOW!

I will get a chance to read an issue or two, or three, later. I have seen a few issues in the past...but, nothing that contained "curse" words...so, I will have to look closely. Thanks, Seth.

BTW...on September 30th my in-laws gave my hubby David Cloud's green Encyclopedia of Christianity book. Many IFB churches up here like him. Including my church. :smile

• Members

Okay...Huh...to the first thing. :roll This is something that I have never heard. WOW!

I will get a chance to read an issue or two, or three, later. I have seen a few issues in the past...but, nothing that contained "curse" words...so, I will have to look closely. Thanks, Seth.

BTW...on September 30th my in-laws gave my hubby David Cloud's green Encyclopedia of Christianity book. Many IFB churches up here like him. Including my church. :smile

I've found the best thing in the world to read is the Bible. It will shed light on false doctrine of man. It's best not to set one's sight on man simply because the best of men are men at best. Even good preachers who are very sound can fail...the best defense of your faith is to just stay in the Book.

Well, in just the two or three I clicked on before posting that I noticed him calling some people who he does not agree with(like us) donkeys, to paraphrase. I have also seen him use Gods name as an exclamation in some of his online videos. Using Gods name when you are not talking to him or about him is taking it in vain...

I've found the best thing in the world to read is the Bible. It will shed light on false doctrine of man. It's best not to set one's sight on man simply because the best of men are men at best. Even good preachers who are very sound can fail...the best defense of your faith is to just stay in the Book.

:goodpost::amen: This is what I have been taught. Thank you, Rachel. My favorite Bible is my Nelson KJVO Bible...the first one that was ever given to me. No notes included. I prefer to get my teaching/preaching from the pulpit and check it with God's Word...as I have been taught. I am challenged to do this...and, I always have been. :thumb

There are way too many men of God out there, IMHO, making commentaries on God's Holy Word. God's Word..."says what it says...and, means what it says." That is for Brother Seth...down in Texas. :wave:

• Members

:goodpost::amen: This is what I have been taught. Thank you, Rachel. My favorite Bible is my Nelson KJVO Bible...the first one that was ever given to me. No notes included. I prefer to get my teaching/preaching from the pulpit and check it with God's Word...as I have been taught. I am challenged to do this...and, I always have been. :thumb

There are way too many men of God out there, IMHO, making commentaries on God's Holy Word. God's Word..."says what it says...and, means what it says." That is for Brother Seth...down in Texas. :wave:

You're such a sweet person...just wanted to let you know that you really let that shine out on the boards here.

:smile

:roll :bonk: Not too swift on Ruckman's part. We are brothers and sisters in Christ. :bible: :pray

God's name in vain!? I will have to look for this. Thanks, Seth.

You're such a sweet person...just wanted to let you know that you really let that shine out on the boards here.

:smile

Thanks, Rachel. You are very sweet yourself. :saint I hope that OB members know that I am saved, and I don't want ANY part of heresy. I grew up in it, after all. :smile

I heard a missionary the other night (he prefers to be called an evangelical) say that over 1/2 the people in the world haven't heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ. :sad I hope and pray that we can get the Word of God out to the lost. :amen:

• Members

I know your on dial up so I tried to find some things you can read rather than watch. :wink

In this link:
http://www.KJV1611.org.uk/Forbidden%20fruit.htm

Ruckman claims grape juice is blood, Adam was made without blood, etc. :loco Just Check out the link, it is something he actually wrote.

This link:

http://www.KJV1611.org/BBB/Bulletin%20Download%20Page.htm

Is to a paper he puts out monthly, I think they have issues from around 2004 up to date. Almost every issue seem to be pushing some false doctrine, not to mention his occasional use of curse words...

Thank you Seth. I appreciate the extra effort to accomodate my dial-up handicap. :Green

I have that book and it's an excellent resource. :thumb

My MIL loves him, and has my FIL "hooked" now, too. My evangelist friend and I were talking about the Pope of the RCC and David Cloud in the same sentence, b/c of the information that Cloud gives about the RCC. He said..."I just had lunch with him last week." I said..."who,the Pope?... :lol: " He said, "No...David Cloud." I had no idea that he was friends with him. :duh

I have been going through it. Yes...it is a great "resource." :thumb

• Members

OH and btw..Phil Kidd also curses from the pulpit. Sorry, I just don't see how that glorifies God or helps anyone. He says (or used to) on his website "Phil Kidd: America's most controversial evangelist"....like it's something to be proud of. How strange.

I actually wrote him once about the strife on his guestbook and basically he said he likes it because it keeps people coming back, and he likes the excitement and fame that comes with fighting and strife. Nice huh.

The church I was at had him in several times. He is alot of fun to listen to, frankly, (because he's so sarcastic) but I would be embarrassed to have him here, because that's all it is...fun. LOL. I told my bro one time, when he was preaching in Florida that he should take his wife for a Friday night date night because he would have a blast. LOL. They laughed so hard they were crying. Not a great testimony for the lost world or struggling Christians though....

I do know for a fact he and his family are uppity (one time he came in while I was serving our school lunch and his family were going to eat with the church, this is in SC, not here....and he insisted on a metal fork, he said he refused to eat with plastic ever again since getting out of jail before he was saved. :roll ). His family doesn't like to be very friendly, and he does flash a huge diamond ring (I guess its an evangelist thing.) and a fancy RV. He is racist and likes street fighting. Which pretty much disqualifies him...brawler....

But hey....if you are bored, and he is in a camp meeting nearby...slip in the back. LOL. Nothing like a good southern style camp meeting to give you some excitement. (Except Sammy Allen camp meeting...that place freaked me out...)

• Members

I wouldn't go to hear either one of them. I can't stand the crassness or biting sarcasm. My sil went to hear PK once and told me how offensive he was towards northerners in general. I told her I would have walked out! I hate the whole north'south debate stuff even in "fun".