• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Ok, please don't get scared! LoL! I'm not starting a debate!!! I just have a question.
I hope I don't get in trouble for this but I don't know who Ruckman is..... :hide I only just realized it was in reference to a man when I Googled him! lol! I did a little bit of quick reading and saw right away that it looks like he isn't KJVo.....is that the only doctrinal issue with him or is their more?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, he IS KJVo to the extreme where he says the translators themselves were inspired and that there is advanced revelation in the KJV. He also believes in aliens, that the AntiChrist will come in a UFO, has big black lips where he will kiss people with the mark of the beast, that he is 10 feet tall....he says all this is in Scripture. He's against interracial marriage...actually he's quite racists on all counts. Since 1989 he has made "guesses" as to when the Lord Jesus is coming back. He curses from the pulpit and to others and is derogatory toward women. He has been married 3 times and still feels he's qualified to be a pastor. He believes the KJV actually IS Jesus. One of his latest books shows a KJV on the cross with nails in it and blood running out. There's a tonnnn more, but that's the jist of it.

Kinda nauseating isn't it?

• Members

He has probably done more harm than good in our modern day KJVo debates...

He also believes you can only be saved through the KJV and if you did not get saved through the KJV that you are not saved.

• Members

He says that anyone who doesn't believe in aliens is mentally sick. Also, that anyone who marries outside their race is mentally sick. He believes he can prove this from Scripture. He also has said that God has revealed things to him that he hasn't revealed to anyone else because others won't read their Bibles as much as he does. If you try to read his books...get ready. There's a lot of name-calling and foul language. His speech is corrupt and he shows no charity to those who disagree with him...He doesn't follow what the Bible teaches about corrupt communication, charity, date-setting, and even just basic truths even though he says he believes the Bible wholly. Last time I checked actions speak louder than words.

I believe the King James Bible is the holy, inerrant, inspired word of God because God preserved it through a pure text.

Peter Ruckman, when posed with the question "Where was the Bible before 1611?", said "I don't care." That's exactly what he said...he really doesn't care where the Bible was before 1611. He doesn't care about people that don't speak English either...

SIGH...I could go on and on and on. I just recently started researching him and am just appalled that he has any sort of following. I have been called "not a true Bible-believer" because I don't stand with Ruckman (believing in double inspiration and advanced revelation). I stake my life and death on that Book...I love the Bible and thank God for it. His crowd would have everyone think I don't believe the Bible because I don't believe what Ruckman says...as far as I can see the majority of what Ruckman teaches can't be found in the King James Bible at all.

• Members

:amen:

I reject him and his teachings because #1, most of what he says is unbiblical and #2, his manner of life and speaking is extremely distasteful. I can find plenty of other preachers who believe in the KJV who are godly men and Biblical pastors.

He believes God "breathed again" (inspiration) in 1611, re-inspiring the Bible even down to the italics. He believes that everyone should learn English in order to have the one, true Bible. Any Bible faithfully translated from the Preserved Text is a true Bible.

• Members

Sometimes I wonder if the Ruckman followers are similar to the Phil Kidd followers....really only like the guy because they have a brawling, fighting spirit and enjoy the company. :hide

• Members
Sometimes I wonder if the Ruckman followers are similar to the Phil Kidd followers....really only like the guy because they have a brawling' date=' fighting spirit and enjoy the company. :hide[/quote']

That may be true. At least some of his followers probably follow for that reason. Have you ever noticed how ministries like theirs rarely see people get saved and truly live lives for the Lord?

I look at a man like Oliver B. Greene (founder of the Gospel Hour). He spoke plainly and wouldn't back down, yet he did it with grace. In almost every church I go to I meet at least ONE person who has been saved as a result of his ministry (though he's been dead for many years). There is a way to speak plainly and without being a sissy, but still "let your speech be alway with grace". Some preachers are motivated by their love for Christ and people, others are motivated to "show people how it is and that they're always right." Which one is Biblical, blessed of God, and reaps results? I think it's very clear by the number of people who are saved and STILL serving Jesus years later.

Not to say that all Ruckman or Kidd followers are following for the wrong reason. Some truly believe it's all okay and some are not full-blown followers but just agree with some of the things they teach, not all.

• Members
[offtopic]Ooh' date=' yeah, my hubby loves Oliver B. Greene. We have several of his books. They're really good commentaries![/offtopic']

[offtopic]YEp. His brother, Jack, is one of my very close friends, and also a preacher. I'd recommend any of his messages to anyone. Yet another man who stands firm, but doesn't have to do it with hateful speech.[/offtopic]

• Members
And he believes that Eve was impregnated by the snake (satan) and that Cain was the devil's son.

That's a ruckman?? I would never guessed.. I asked about that theory on this board before. I knew it was incorrect. I thought Ruckmanites didn't believe in making up theory outside of the bible (when I brought up about studying history to help learn about the bible).

Anyone who believe the real sin was the snake find it hard to believe a simple, little, easy disobedience caused the curse. They think there must be a bigger picture to this story of genesis.

• Administrators
Oh my goodness!!!! Quiet nauseating! In fact! I'll go throw up now!!!! :gross: Sorry....that was so 5th grade! lol!
Anyway!!! Well, I now know that I am NOT a Ruckmanite!!!!! And there are people on OB who like/agree with him?!?!?!?!?

He has a number of followers everywhere, actually. A lot of fundamental Baptists.

• Members

Are all of the claims made here regarding Ruckman true?

I've attempted to do internet searches and all I've ever found were sites where people were attacking him but nothing where I could actually read what the man himself has written or preached.

Someone here once posted a video teaching of his but because of having dial-up I was unable to watch it.

Does Ruckman really believe Satan in the form of the serpent had sex with Eve? I don't recall hearing that claim against Ruckman before. I have encountered some Identity Christians who espouse that claim. I think one branch of Identity Christians preaches a Dual Seedline theory. One Seedline being that spawned by Satan/serpent and Eve and the other spawned by Adam and Eve. I think the other branch of Identity Christians hold to the more traditional view in this area.

Oh, who is Phil Kidd? I think I've seen the name mentioned here a time or two before but I don't know who that is.

Oliver B. Greene :thumb