• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How To Respond To Roman Catholic "missionaries"...

candlelight

• Members

My family for the most is part Roman Catholic.  Many aren't devout Roman Catholics except a few.  Some have left for New Age "churches" too.  This was posted on one of my cousin's Timeline on Facebook.  She is trying her best to bring people to the RCC.  If I post something against the RCC on my Facebook Timeline, she is there to argue.  My sister has hopped on board, as well.  I had to take down two of my Facebook  posts b/c of the backlash I got from both of them.  I even quoted men of the RCC who have spoken against the "church."  

Anyway, how would I respond to something like this other than scripture if she tries to post this on my Timeline?  I was given a lecture about saying the Rosary already.  *sigh*  I have been posting scripture on Facebook for over six years.  However, the people of the RCC don't look at scripture.  They look to their church and Rome.  Below is a copy of what is on my cousin's wall.  H-E-L-P!

OK last year was the Year of Faith, and I really loved it. This year is the Year of the New Evangelization. So I thought I would share my book list with you. Here it is. Feel free to pick up any one of these, as well as the Holy Bible, of course, and there must be several hundred more...
How to Defend the Faith Without Raising Your Voice, by Austen Ivereigh
Catholicism and Fundamentalism, by Karl Keating
How to Share Your Faith With Anyone, by Terry Barber
Unabridged Christianity, by Fr. Mario P. Romero
Where We Got The Bible: Our Debt to the Catholic Church, by Henry G. Graham
Catholic and Christian, by Alan Schreck
Handbook of Christian Apologetics, by Peter Kreeft and Ronald K. Tacelli
Catholic For a Reason, by Scott Hahn and Leon J. Suprenant, Jr.

• Members

You either lovingly confront them with the truth or you shake the dust off your feet and turn away.

Well, I have confronted my cousin lovingly John.  However, my cousin is always on my wall agreeing with scriptures and adding Biblical things to the discussions.  I know she isn't saved, though.  She worships Mary and believes in works for salvation.  My sister has never responded to me except last week when I posted against this pope.  My sister wouldn't have done this if my cousin hadn't posted something first.

I have them listed as family.  Do you think I should take them off?  I have thought about it b/c of what happened last week.  If I unfriend them they may fight back.  I dunno.

• Members

Well, family or not, I wouldn't allow them to post RCC false religionism on my page and I would refute such as if they are any other RCC person.

If onlookers see a professing born again Christian seeming to back down to the RCC that will cast biblical Christianity in a bad light while giving the impression either the RCC is right or perhaps that biblical Christian even agrees the RCC is right.

A dangerous thin line, especially when dealing with family, but as Jesus said, we must be willing to love Him more than anyone else and take stands for Him even if that means division within a family.

• Members

Well, family or not, I wouldn't allow them to post RCC false religionism on my page and I would refute such as if they are any other RCC person.

If onlookers see a professing born again Christian seeming to back down to the RCC that will cast biblical Christianity in a bad light while giving the impression either the RCC is right or perhaps that biblical Christian even agrees the RCC is right.

A dangerous thin line, especially when dealing with family, but as Jesus said, we must be willing to love Him more than anyone else and take stands for Him even if that means division within a family.

Thanks, John.  I have posted a few times, since this happened, that I won't allow negativity to my posts on my Timeline, along with swearing and false doctrine.  Since they are listed as "family" I am hoping they saw my posts.

I will see where this goes.  I am going to post another thing about this pope.  If it turns ugly then I will site scriptures to combat it and also let them know that I won't tolerate anything that goes against scripture.  Family is so exhausting when they don't know the truth of God's word.  They may even read the Bible but have been brainwashed into thinking the RCC is correct.  It is so sad.

• Members

Nearly all of my family are lost and they have closed their mind to hearing the truth.

I have two cousins who are saved.  Many just don't want to talk about God.  Those cousins are the ones who have turned their backs on the RCC.  That is a good thing but it has made them bitter about God.  The RCC has produced many Atheists.

What is nice is when people I have gone to high school and college with respond to me in a private message and notice the change in me.  I am able to tell them my testimony and witness to them.  Praise the Lord!

• Moderators

I woud post: Oh, the Year of evangelism, eh? The Bibe says, "(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)" (2Cor 6:2). Year, nothing-NOW is the accepted time, NOW is the day of salvation. If you'd like to know how to receive salvation, please feel free to message me!

• Members

I woud post: Oh, the Year of evangelism, eh? The Bibe says, "(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)" (2Cor 6:2). Year, nothing-NOW is the accepted time, NOW is the day of salvation. If you'd like to know how to receive salvation, please feel free to message me!

Thanks, Ukelelemike.  I am going to post this on my wall.  I know how to witness to the lost on how to receive salvation.  However, I will message you.

Archived