• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Daniel & Revelation - The Indepth Study Thread, Bring Your Bibles Please.

• Members

I might add that the information found in Daniel 8:1-22 is covered in 1 Maccabees and 2 Maccabees,

which were translated by the King James translators and included in the first King James Bible of 1611. 

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/r/rsv/rsv-idx?type=DIV1&byte=4219672

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike.

Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. Romans 14:5

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I might add that the information found in Daniel 8:1-22 is covered in 1 Maccabees and 2 Maccabees,

which were translated by the King James translators and included in the first King James Bible of 1611. 

[link to apocrypha removed, non-canonical material]

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike.

Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. Romans 14:5

Unfortunately, many have been taught that sentiment, but it is incorrect Scripturally.  1 & 2 Maccabees is non-canonical material and is apocryphal, unless one is generally part of the Catholic [such as Roman] church, where they claim it part of the deutero-canon.  Yet, even they recognize it is not original.  While 1 & 2 Maccabees is interesting reading, it is not Scripture, moreso it teaches things that are unScriptural, and also having several historical issues.

None of the Apocrypha were written in Hebrew.

None of the writers of the Apocrypha ever claimed inspiriation from God.

The Jews never accepted them as Canonical, evidenced if needed.

Antiochus IV in 1 & 2 Maccabees dies in several locations, I have those references.

The King James 1611 translators were fully aware of this, and made known that they included those "Apocyrpha" as merely additional historical content.

The King James 1611, of which I have a manufactured facimile of, in original language and art, including introduction, specifically list those books as "Apocrypha".

Jesus himself never utilized anything from the Apocrypha, contrary to what Romanists these days like to teach.

As for the Romans quote, it is out of context, in isolation and not utilized properly, and I would ask that if you did desire to study with me, begin a new thread and we can look at it together.  For a small indication, just go back one chapter at least and read fro there, unto the first portion of Chapter 15 minimally.  To do a real study, one should begin at Romans 1, as it builds.

I esteem what God Himself esteems in His Commands.  That particular passage speaks about what men among men esteem within the context of obediece to God, and not outside of it.  Yet men today abuse it by using it to teach anomianism.

• Members

Daniel 1

Children in whom [was] no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as [had] ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans. Daniel 1:4

As unto types of Christ, these children [Heb: “child to young men”, in this case about age 18, since Daniel lived 70 years in Babylon, it would make him about the same age as John the Revelator upon the Isle of Patmos] being without “blemish”, even as the lambs of sacrifice were to be, they the sheep of His pasture. Though men look for no outward blemish [as Pharisees], God looks upon the heart, to see if there is found therein His perfect reflection of His loving character:

Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: Exodus 12:5

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 1 Peter 1:19

For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice, Psalms 95:7

Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Psalms 100:3

For more see - http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/search.cfm?Criteria=blemish&t=KJV#s=s_primary_0_1

These “children” are examples of what faithful sons and daughters of God ought to be in their characters:

That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. Ephesians 5:27

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 3 Peter 3:14

Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD. Psalms 34:11

The children of thy servants shall continue, and their seed shall be established before thee. Psalms 102:28

Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him. Psalms 103:13

Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. Proverbs 8:32

Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Ephesians 6:1

Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise ;) Ephesians 6:2 [yes, even speaking of the eternal inheritance of the New Heaven and New Earth]

That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. Ephesians 6:3

Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. Colossians 3:20

And whosoever receives the Kingdom of God as a little child, shall enter therein [Mark 10:15; Luke 18:17]. The Book of Daniel is especially to be studied intensely and prayerfully by children and youth, though the book is not merely for them, yet in many places, it deals with decision making in daily choices which have eternal consequences - To honour God in all thy ways or no?

We see that these children not only were “without blemish”, but also “well favoured” [Heb “beautiful looking”]. From this we understand that while man looks on the outside, God looks upon the heart to see if there reflects His beautiful character of love, for mankind was originally made both in the outward & inward image of God [Genesis 1:26-27, 9:6; 1 Corinthians 11:7, etc], even as Christ Jesus is the perfect and express image of God [2 Corinthians 4:4; Colossians 1:15], and He is to be in our hearts [Colossians 1:27], that we may grow up into Him [Ephesians 4:15], in His likeness, children of Love:

But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Deuteronomy 6:5

Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Leviticus 19:17

Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:18

And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. Deuteronomy 30:6

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 1 Peter 1:22

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18

There are Characteristics that we notice that these had beyond being “without blemish” and “well favoured”:

[1] skilful in all wisdom, and while men look for the “wisdom of this world” [1 Corinthians 1:20], God looks to see real Wisdom implanted in the heart:

The king's favour is toward a wise servant: but his wrath is against him that causeth shame. Proverbs 14:35

But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 9:24

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever. Psalms 111:10

To be “Skillful” is to have understanding of the Wisdom that comes from God [Exodus 35:31,35, 36:1; 1 Kings 4:29; Job 28:20,23,28; Psalms 51:6; Proverbs 2:6, etc] and obey Him in it:

MEM. O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. Psalms 119:97

Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. Psalms 119:98

I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. Psalms 119:99

I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts. Psalms 119:100

I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word. Psalms 119:101

I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me. Psalms 119:102

How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Psalms 119:103

Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. Psalms 119:104

[2] cunning in knowledge, not as men seek after, in the ways of the world, but as God seeketh after in our hearts to know the ways of God by daily experience:

To be “cunning” is to have intimate knowledge and experience of, it is the same when Adam “knew” his wife [Genesis 4:1]:

For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him. Genesis 18:19

And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee. Psalms 9:10

True “knowledge” is to know the LORD and His ways, not merely about Him [as the devils know about Him; Mark 1:24; Luke 4:34; James 2:19], but to Love Him:

TETH. Thou hast dealt well with thy servant, O LORD, according unto thy word. Psalms 119;65

Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments. Psalms 119:66

Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word. Psalms 119:67

Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes. Psalms 119:68

The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart. Psalms 119:69

Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in thy law. Psalms 119:70

It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. Psalms 119:71

The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver. Psalms 119:72

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. John 17:3

[3] understanding science:

To “understand” is to have wise discretion and perception of Holy, Sacred and Eternal things:

Take you wise men, and understanding, and known among your tribes, and I will make them rulers over you. Deuteronomy 1:13

O that they were wise, that they understood this, that they would consider their latter end! Deuteronomy 32:29

Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart. Psalms 119:34

This “science” is the True knowledge of God, the way of the righteous, and when we ask God for this, all else besides is given, for it is only then that we will know how to be stewards of them for God:

Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great? 2 Chronicles 1:10

And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king: 2 Chronicles 1:11

Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like. 2 Chronicles 1:12

JOD. Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments. Psalms 119:73

They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in thy word. Psalms 119:74

I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me. Psalms 119:75

Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant. Psalms 119:76

Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight. Psalms 119:77

Let the proud be ashamed; for they dealt perversely with me without a cause: but I will meditate in thy precepts. Psalms 119:78

Let those that fear thee turn unto me, and those that have known thy testimonies. Psalms 119:79

Let my heart be sound in thy statutes; that I be not ashamed. Psalms 119:80

[4] such as [had] ability in them to stand in the King's palace:

This “ability” is the power and strength and everlasting vitality that comes from serving God, and not of ourselves [Deuteronomy 8:17,18; Daniel 4:30] and comes from no man or help [Psalms 33:16], for in sin and transgression there is only weakness, decay and death [Psalms 31:10]:

Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word. Psalms 103:20

Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite. Psalms 147:5

A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength. Proverbs 24:5

And to “stand” is not to be fallen down in sin [1 Corinthians 10:12], stumbled and overthrown, but to be upright overcomers, holding fast to God who is able to make us stand even in the midst of the grossest darkness and apostacy [Romans 14:4; Psalms 134:1], for His wrath against all ungodliness is coming, and who shall be able to stand [Psalms 76:7; Revelation 6:17], “He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.” Psalms 24:4:

The wicked are overthrown, and are not: but the house of the righteous shall stand. Proverbs 12:7

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Ephesians 6:10

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6:11

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:13

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; Ephesians 6:14

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Ephesians 6:15

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. Ephesians 6:16

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Ephesians 6:17

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; Ephesians 6:18

And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, Ephesians 6:19

Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God. Colossians 4:12

[5] and whom they could “teach the learning and the tongue” of a nation, and we desire not to learn the language of Egypt [that is this world; Psalms 81:5; 1 John 4:5; Hebrews 11:23-29, etc], but God desires that we may learn the language of that Heavenly Canaan, the language of Heaven, the language of Love. Covet the best gifts, but God desires that we covet Love most of all that better way [1 Corinthians 12:31], for God Himself is Love [1 John 4:8,16]:

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity [Godly Love], I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 1 Corinthians 13:1

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:2

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:3

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 1 Corinthians 13:4

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 1 Corinthians 13:5

Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 1 Corinthians 13:6

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 1 Corinthians 13:7

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. 1 Corinthians 13:8

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 1 Corinthians 13:9

But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 1 Corinthians 13:10

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 1 Corinthians 13:11

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 1 Corinthians 13:12

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. 1 Corinthians 13:13

For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ. 2 Corinthians 2:17

Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Ephesians 4:25

But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts. 1 Thessalonians 2:4

But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine: Titus 2:1

To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men. Titus 3:2

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. James 2:12

Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. James 4:10

For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: 1 Peter 3:10

If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 4:11

And if we, too, are faithful in all that God has blessed us with, even in the midst of Babylon, revealing the awesome character and glory of God unto those in darkness...:

He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. Luke 16:10

If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? Luke 16:11

And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own? Luke 16:12

...being found “faithful” “stewards” of that which is committed unto our trust:

Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. Romans 3:2

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:19

According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust. 1 Timothy 1:11

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Timothy 6:20

That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us. 2 Timothy 1:14

But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour; Titus 1:3

Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. 1 Corinthians 4:2

...then we, too, shall also one day “stand in the King's Palace”, in the very presence of The True King of Kings:

Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men. Proverbs 22:29

And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. Revelation 4:6

And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. Revelation 15:2

What then is the lesson? Let us not waste our God given “talents”, but rather:

“...thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.” Deuteronomy 6:5;p

... and:

“Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase.” Proverbs 3:9

...for it is written:

“...The earth [is] the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.” Psalms 24:1;p

...and we are not our own:

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. 1 Corinthians 6:20

Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men. 1 Corinthians 7:23

Where are the youth of today that are like unto these? Only those standing for God in the midst of Babylon will survive the overthrow of Babylon that is coming. What we need in this world are Daniel's who will stand for God on the side of the right of Truth, Justice, Obedience, Mercy, Compassion and Love, though the majority of men and the Heavens themselves fall.

• Members

No child could follow your convoluted and confused babblings filled with misdirection and deceit, dripping with false cross references and evil interpretations, and couched in deliberately twisted definitions.

Your pseudo-intellectual complications of simple doctrines in no way fits this call from the Lord.

• Members

No Christian can "walk in the Spirit" if they constantly feel they are "on probation". 

You cannot have any quality relationship with anyone when you are constantly being evaluated and judged.

That is why those who are "under the Law" cannot please God, even if they have been "saved".

Those that do not understand and accept God's total forgiveness - past, present & future - will never have a close relationship with the Holy Spirit.

If someone is saved and sealed with the Holy Spirit, even if they don't attend church and cannot read the Bible, they will have Eternal Life.

Not accepting God's total forgiveness grieves the Holy Spirit:

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.  Eph 4:30

• Members

If you don't accept God's total forgiveness, I don't see how you can be a christian.

I have God's total forgiveness.  Yet again, Scripture does not teach that forgiveness blots out our sin record in the books of Heaven, it merely covers it until such time it is to be blotted out by Jesus Christ, which time we are in the Anti-typical Day of Atonement.

See for yourself:

[[A Psalm of David, Maschil.]] Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Psalms 32:1

Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people, thou hast covered all their sin. Selah. Psalms 85:2

There are of course more examples.

Is the sin blotted out of existence or is it covered?

If I take a rock and cover it with a sheet, is the rock blotted out of existence or is it simply covered?

Forgiveness is Justification.  We are Justified, so please let us not confuse that.  This is speaking about something else entirely.

When the person brought the lamb, or sacrifice to the Sanctuary and there confessed their sin over it and then slaughtered it, was the person Justified, Forgiven?  Was their sin now covered by the blood?  What happens next, was the sin blotted out of existence, or did something else have to happen then?

• Members

Daniel 1

And the king appointed them a daily provision of the king's meat, and of the wine which he drank: so nourishing them three years, that at the end thereof they might stand before the king. Daniel 1:5

We see that the King of Babylon, having his opportunity, would now show forth his own worldly 'hospitality', by providing for these, his captives, from his own table and substance, a counterfeit to God's “daily”, instead offering the rich delicacies and corrupt wine of Babylon, which he the King of Babylon Himself did eat and drink, so that he might satisfy their appetite in the place of God's perfect instruction and requirements in regards to the diet of the human machinery, that he might claim their loyalty of heart to himself rather than to God, our Father in Heaven, that they would forget the Law of their God and the kingdom of their God, and instead keep his own law and serve himself and his own gods:

Give us this day our daily bread. Matthew 6:11

Give us day by day our daily bread. Luke 11:3

...even as satan attempts to get to us through the appetite, the desire, as he himself at first offered to Eve at the Tree and then through her to Adam something beyond which God would allow for them:

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? Genesis 3:1

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: Genesis 3:4

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. Genesis 3:5

...and as he also would offer to Moses in Egypt:

By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Hebrews 11:24

Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Hebrews 11:25

Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward. Hebrews 11:26

By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible. Hebrews 11:27

...and as he would offer to Christ Jesus all the temptations in the world:

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; Matthew 4:8

And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. Luke 4:5

Yet we know that the very moment that we succumb to such a temptation, ever so small or apparently glorious, in its beginnings, the end thereof is death:

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. Genesis 3:6

And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. Genesis 3:7

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. Genesis 3:19

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

That which nourishes the Babylonian court is corrupt, and filled will all manner of liscentiousness, dissipation, and fornication, and in her cup – confusion and madness:

Babylon hath been a golden cup in the LORD'S hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad. Jeremiah 51:7

And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: Revelation 17:4

In the royal courts of Babylon, there are numerous and myriad temptations, distractions and sinful pleasures, foods and drinks all set forth apparently for our 'benefit' that we might better love and serve the King of Babylon, and yet and all these must be set aside, turned away from and overcome, that we might obtain the promises of God, and that we might love and serve Him instead:

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. Revelation 2:7

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. Revelation 2:11

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Revelation 2:17

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: Revelation 2:26

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. Revelation 3:5

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. Revelation 3:12

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. Revelation 3:21

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. Revelation 21:7

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 1 John 5:4

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? 1 John 5:5

Yet, if we “daily” partake of the True Kings meat, which is to do His will [Psalms 40:8] and word, and finish His work which He sent us to do and to “daily” refuse that of things of the King of Babylon:

But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. John 4:32

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. John 4:34

Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. John 6:27

For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. John 6:55

I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 1 Corinthians 3:2

And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 1 Corinthians 10:3

And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 1 Corinthians 10:4

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. Hebrews 5:12

But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. Hebrews 5:14

Then we too “at the end thereof” shall truly “stand” in the presence of the KING OF KINGS and LORD of LORDS.

Which King shall we serve?

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? Romans 6:16

Which King shall we honour with all our choices? Who is receiving the Glory? It is possible to not eat and not drink to the Glory of God, but instead glorify another...

Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes. Deuteronomy 12:8

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

And that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean; Leviticus 10:10

Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 20:7

But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 1 Peter 1:15

Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. 1 Peter 1:16

The righteous eateth to the satisfying of his soul: but the belly of the wicked shall want. Proverbs 13:25

For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. Romans 16:18

Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. 1 Corinthians 6:13

Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) Phlippians 3:19

Temperance, watchfulness and prayer are needed while Babylon and Babylonians are all around us, and temperance is a word which does not allow all things. While it may seem that the King of Babylon, yea even satan, would do us all a favor, even in sincerity, in bestowing upon us his own diet of food and drink, and ways, in the end it would bring only sickness and disease, lack of an upright moral character and sin which leads unto eternal death.

There are certain and specific commandments of God laid out in scripture for His children, in dealing with what they may or may not partake of, that they may be ever healthy, happy and holy – undefiled. Many, willingly or ignorantly, today refuse these and suffer many years... until finally life is given up in the struggle.

There are foods and drink which God allows in His word and there are those that He ever forbids in His word. There are things designated food, and things which are never designated food, things that are “clean” and things “unclean” and “abominable”, there are things “pure” and things that cause “defilement”, things which will build up and things which will destroy, things which are “blessed” and things which are “cursed”, things that will bring “life” and things that will only end in “death”. For instance, there are two “kinds” of “wine” in the Bible, one of which leads to death. Let us too make the same distinction, lest it be said unto us:

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Isaiah 5:20

Some come to think that no matter what we eat or drink that it cannot possibly have any bearing upon our relationship to God, our relationship to neighbours, to ourselves or to our salvation, but these which presently think this, have not truly taken the time to think it through. We have but to look at the cases that Scripture present to us. We can start with Adam and Eve and how what was eaten affected their relationship to God, to their relationship and how it affected all others afterward.

Will the 'idol' of their plates be allowed to be touched and the 'god' of their bellies overthrown? We shall see.

• Members

Daniel 1

Now among these were of the children of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: Daniel 1:6

Out from the three groups taken back to Babylon as captives:

[1] the children [Heb: 'sons'] of Israel

[2] of the King's seed

[3] of the princes [Heb: 'nobles']

We see now a fourth designation, that there “were of the children [Heb: “sons”]” of “Judah” among these. Judah is first seen in Genesis 29:35:

And she conceived again, and bare a son: and she said, Now will I praise the LORD: therefore she called his name Judah; and left bearing. Genesis 29:35

Judah was always connected with the “remnant” faithful of God:

Ephraim compasseth me about with lies, and the house of Israel with deceit: but Judah yet ruleth with God, and is faithful with the saints. Hosea 11:12

Likewise when all the Jews that were in Moab, and among the Ammonites, and in Edom, and that were in all the countries, heard that the king of Babylon had left a remnant of Judah, and that he had set over them Gedaliah the son of Ahikam the son of Shaphan; Jeremiah 40:11

And the remnant that is escaped of the house of Judah shall yet again take root downward, and bear fruit upward. 2 Kings 19:30

For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion: the zeal of the LORD of hosts shall do this. 2 Kings 19:31

And the remnant that is escaped of the house of Judah shall again take root downward, and bear fruit upward: Isaiah 37:31

For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion: the zeal of the LORD of hosts shall do this. Isaiah 37:32

And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; they shall feed thereupon: in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie down in the evening: for the LORD their God shall visit them, and turn away their captivity. Zephaniah 2:7

And the LORD stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and did work in the house of the LORD of hosts, their God, Haggai 1:14

And “Judah” was directly connected with Jesus Christ, the very “lion of the Tribe of Judah”:

Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up? Genesis 49:9

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. Micah 5:2

And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel. Matthew 2:6

Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda, Luke 3:33

For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood. Hebrews 7:14

And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. Revelation 5:5

For we ought to understand, that no matter what or where we read in the Scriptures, they always testify of Jesus Christ and of the plan of Redemption:

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John 5:39

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. Luke 24:27

See also: Matthew 1:22, 2:5,7,15-17,23, 3:3,15, 4:14,17, 5:17, 8:17, 11:13, 12:17,39, 13:17,35, 16:4,21, 21:4, 24:15,34, 26:18,54,56, 27:9,35; Mark 1:2,15, 13:4,14, 14:41,49, 15:28; Luke 1:20,38,70,76, 2:43, 3:4, 4:17-21, 9:51, 10:24, 11:29,50, 12:56, 16:16,29,31, 18:31, 19:44, 21:22,24,32, 22:16, 24:25,27,44; John 1:23,45, 5:39, 6:14,45, 7:6,8,40, 12:38, 13:18, 15:25, 16:4,25, 17:12,13, 18:9,32, 19:24,28,36; Acts 2:16,30, 3:18,21-24, 7:37, 8:28-35, 10:43, 13:22,23,27-41, 15:15, 17:2-3, 18:28, 26,22, 24:14, 26:22,27, 28:23; Romans 1:2-4, 3:21, 5:6, 13:11, 16:26; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 6:2; Galatians 4:2-4; Ephesians 2:20, 3:11; 1 Thessalonians 2:15; 1 Timothy 2:6; Hebrews 1:1, 8:5, 9:9,10,28; 1 Peter 1:10,11; 2 Peter 1:21, 3:2; Revelation 1:3,22:10, etc.

Of them that were captured, we see that specifically four were named. Let us consider this four [which we also notice given in Daniel 1:17: “four” and we shall more specifically delineate these there]. The number 4 is the scriptural number for Universal - or in all directions - North, East, West and South, like unto the 4 winds of Heaven, the 4 Corners of the earth, 4 Angels holding back the 4 winds of strife and 4 evil Angels Bound at the Great River Euphrates, 4 Horns upon the altar, the many 4 Things, 4 Parts of Christ's clothing, 4th Commandment which reveals God is the Creator of All [even all of space and all of time]:

The 4th Commandment, the Universal Commandment for all Mankind ['adam or anthropos] to worship the Creator YHVH God, which made the Heavens, the Earth, the Sea and all that in them is:

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Exodus 20:8

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: Exodus 20:9

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: Exodus 20:10

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:11

Thus this book of Daniel and the messages & lessons therein are given for all the children of God, especially the remnant, even all those in Mystery Babylon the Great that God calls to come out [Revelation 18:4].

Since we have seen that there are indeed 4 children of Israel of the tribe of Judah, let us take notice that it lists their names specifically, and a name in Scripture stands for ones character, and to us is purposeful in revealing more about whom is loved and served by the one bearing these names:

Let not my lord, I pray thee, regard this man of Belial, even Nabal: for as his name is, so is he; Nabal is his name, and folly is with him: but I thine handmaid saw not the young men of my lord, whom thou didst send. 1 Samuel 25:25

A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold. Proverbs 22:1

A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth. Ecclesiastes 7:1

There are only two ways in which our names may be seen, [1] in glorification of self and thus satan or [2] in glorification of God, do we make our name great, or will God make our name great unto His glory?

[1] self and thus satan: And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. Genesis 11:4

[2] God: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: Genesis 12:2

Names throughout the Scripture have meaning, and speak of the essence of the person, being or place or thing, several examples include:

And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. Genesis 3:20

Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. Genesis 5:2

And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed. Genesis 5:29

And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan. Genesis 10:25

Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth. Genesis 11:9

And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction. Genesis 16:11

Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. Genesis 17:5

Thou art the LORD the God, who didst choose Abram, and broughtest him forth out of Ur of the Chaldees, and gavest him the name of Abraham; Nehemiah 9:7

And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be. Genesis 17:15

Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear? Genesis 17:17

And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. Genesis 17:19

And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? Genesis 18:13

Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh. Genesis 18:15

And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me. Genesis 21:6

And he said, Is not he rightly named Jacob? for he hath supplanted me these two times: he took away my birthright; and, behold, now he hath taken away my blessing. And he said, Hast thou not reserved a blessing for me? Genesis 27:36

And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel. Genesis 35:10

Israel – God prevails or Prevails with God:

And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. Genesis 32:28

God's very name reveals His character and glory, which is why it is important for no one to take His name in vain, neither to speak against or act/behave contrary to it [“Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.” Exodus 20:7; “Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.” Isaiah 43:7; “For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.” Isaiah 48:11]:

And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them. Exodus 6:3

And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name. Exodus 33:17

And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. Exodus 33:18

And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. Exodus 33:19

And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. Exodus 33:20

And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: Exodus 33:21

And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: Exodus 33:22

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen. Exodus 33:23

Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness. Psalms 29:2

And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. Exodus 34:5

And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, Exodus 34:6

Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation. Exodus 34:7

And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped. Exodus 34:8

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: Exodus 34:14

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

Jesus Himself, came to make known and to declare the name/character of the Father:

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. John 17:6

And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them. John 17:26

Thus we can see even further that names are very important in Scripture, for they help us to identify who/what a thing/Person actually is:

Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. Psalms 68:4

The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name. Exodus 15:3

As for our redeemer, the LORD of hosts is his name, the Holy One of Israel. Isaiah 47:4

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed. Isaiah 52:5

And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name. Isaiah 62:2

Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting. Isaiah 63:16

In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. Jeremiah 23:6

Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee. Song of Songs [solomon] 1:3

His remembrance shall perish from the earth, and he shall have no name in the street. Job 18:17

The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah. Psalms 46:7

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalms 46:10

The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah. Psalms 46:11

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14

And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel. Isaiah 8:8

Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us. Isaiah 8:10

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Matthew 1:23

And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS. Matthew 1:25

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. Revelation 3:12

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 2 Timothy 2:19

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: Ephesians 1:21

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: Philippians 2:9

I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. Psalms 22:22

Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. Hebrews 2:12

I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever. Psalms 45:17

His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed. Psalms 72:17

We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the LORD fulfil all thy petitions. Psalms 20:5

He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love. Song of Songs [solomon] 2:4

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 1 John 4:8

And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16

Thou art beautiful, O my love, as Tirzah, comely as Jerusalem, terrible as an army with banners. Song of Songs [solomon] 6:4

Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners? Song of Songs [solomon] 6:10

Thou hast given a banner to them that fear thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah. Psalms 60:4

And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. Revelation 14:1

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Revelation 22:4

And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. Revelation 17:5

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. Revelation 19:12

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12

A specific example of this may be seen from the Beginning and might go something like this [though there may be several variations on it]:

Adam – Red, The Living Soul [through Blood], A Unique Son of God

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7

Eve – The Mother of all Living [Life-Giver]

And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. Genesis 3:20

Abel – Breath, Briefly, a Keeper of the Sheep [Mourning, Lamenting]

And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. Genesis 4:2

Cain – Possession, a Tiller of the Ground [Lance, Spear]

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. Genesis 4:1

Seth – Compensation [setting, in the place of [Abel], appointed]

And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. Genesis 4:25

Enos – Man [mortal man]

And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD. Genesis 4:26

Cainan - Possession

And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan: Genesis 5:9

Mahalaleel – Praise of God

And Cainan lived seventy years, and begat Mahalaleel: Genesis 5:12

Jared – Descent [coming down]

And Mahalaleel lived sixty and five years, and begat Jared: Genesis 5:15

Enoch – Dedicated [Who walked with God, and was not, for God took Him]

And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch: Genesis 5:18

Methuselah – Man of the Dart [His Death Shall bring]

And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah: Genesis 5:21

Lamech – Powerful [strength]

And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech: Genesis 5:25

Noah – Rest [Comfort]

And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed. Genesis 5:29

God, through His Unique Son [Adam, Red/blood], Gives Life [Eve], being pierced [Cain], and in the place of [seth] mourning/sorrow [Abel], for Mortal Man [Enos], Obtained [Cainan], the Praise of God [Mahalaleel], for He Descended/Came Down [Jared], Dedicated/Walked With God and was not found, for God took Him [Enoch], and Whose Death Would Bring [Methuselah], Strength/Vital Force [Lamech], and Rest/Comfort [Noah], so declaring His Good Name [shem].

We also see this at the Ending of Scripture, given in the Sons of Israel in the special ordering, and might go something like this:

Of the tribe of Juda [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad [were] sealed twelve thousand. Revelation 7:5

Of the tribe of Aser [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses [were] sealed twelve thousand. Revelation 7:6

Of the tribe of Simeon [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar [were] sealed twelve thousand. Revelation 7:7

Of the tribe of Zabulon [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin [were] sealed twelve thousand. Revelation 7:7

13 Tribes; 1 with no inheritance, 1 with double inheritance.

Revelation 7 Names in Specifically Given Order:

Judah = "Jew" = "I Will Praise The Lord" [Genesis 29:35]

And she conceived again, and bare a son: and she said, Now will I praise the LORD: therefore she called his name Judah; and left bearing.

Reuben = "Behold A Son" = "He Has Looked On Me" [Genesis 29:32]

And Leah conceived, and bare a son, and she called his name Reuben: for she said, Surely the LORD hath looked upon my affliction; now therefore my husband will love me.

Gad = "Troop" = "Given Good Fortune" [Genesis 30:11]

And Leah said, A troop cometh: and she called his name Gad.

Asher = "Happy" = "Happy Am I" [Genesis 30:13]

And Leah said, Happy am I, for the daughters will call me blessed: and she called his name Asher.

Naphtali = "Wrestling" = "My Wrestling" [Genesis 30:8]

And Rachel said, With great wrestlings have I wrestled with my sister, and I have prevailed: and she called his name Naphtali.

Manasseh = "Causing To Forget" = "Is Making Me To Forget" [Genesis 41:51]

And Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh: For God, [said he], hath made me forget all my toil, and all my father's house.

Simeon = "Heard" = "God Hears Me" [Genesis 29:33]

And she conceived again, and bare a son; and said, Because the LORD hath heard that I [was] hated, he hath therefore given me this [son] also: and she called his name Simeon.

Levi ** = "Joined To" = "Is Attached To Me" [Genesis 29:34]

And she conceived again, and bare a son; and said, Now this time will my husband be joined unto me, because I have born him three sons: therefore was his name called Levi.

Issachar = "There Is Recompense" = "He Has Purchased Me" [Genesis 30:18]

And Leah said, God hath given me my hire, because I have given my maiden to my husband: and she called his name Issachar.

Zebulun = "Exalted" = "A Dwelling" [Genesis 30:20]

And Leah said, God hath endued me [with] a good dowry; now will my husband dwell with me, because I have born him six sons: and she called his name Zebulun.

Ephraim * = "Double Ash Heap" = "I Shall Be Doubly Fruitful" [Genesis 41:52]

And the name of the second called he Ephraim: For God hath caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction.

Joseph = "Jehovah Was Added" = "God Will Add To Me" [Genesis 30:24]

And she called his name Joseph; and said, The LORD shall add to me another son

Benjamin = "Son Of The Right Hand" = "Son Of His Right Hand" [Genesis 35:17,18]

And it came to pass, when she was in hard labour, that the midwife said unto her, Fear not; thou shalt have this son also. And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.

Dan * = "A Judge" [Genesis 30:6]

And Rachel said, God hath judged me, and hath also heard my voice, and hath given me a son: therefore called she his name Dan.

And therefore, by the special list given in Revelation we see the meaning:

I Will Praise The LORD [for] He Has Looked On Me [and] Granted Good Fortune. Happy Am I [because] My Wrestling, God Is Making Me To Forget. God Hears Me [and] Is Attached To Me. He has Purchased Me A Dwelling [and] Will Add To Me The Son Of His Right Hand.

Or

Now I Will Praise The LORD [for] Surely The LORD Hath Looked Upon My Affliction [and] Granted Good Fortune [therefore] Happy Am I [even though] With Great Wrestlings Have I Wrestled [but] God Is Making Me To Forget All My Toil [for] the LORD Hath Heard Me [being] Joined Unto Me [and] He Has Purchased Me [wanting] To Dwell With Me [and] The LORD Shall Add To Me [also] The Son Of His Right Hand.

Now, coming to the names of these children of Israel of the tribe of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, Azariah, we see:

Israel – God prevails or Prevails with God: [Genesis 32:28]

Judah – “I will praise the Lord” [Genesis 29:35]

Daniel – “God is my judge”

Hananiah – “Jehovah has favored [or is gracious]”

Mishael – “like unto God”

Azariah – “whom Jehovah has helped”

Thus we see that these are the story of Redemption through Jesus:

Those who “prevail with God” will say “I will praise the LORD” forever, for the true Merciful and Just “God is my Judge” in the day of judgment, and He is “Jehovah, [whom] has favored or is gracious [unto]” us, desiring that we should be made “like unto God”, remade in His image, according to His will, for we are they “whom Jehovah has helped” that we might become overcomers in Him.

What we might also notice, is that these were the names glorifying God. Yet, most more commonly know these four children by their Babylonian names given later, being: Belteshazzar, Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego. Pity, that so many, so readily remember those names rather than their given names which glorifies the God of Heaven.

• Members

I've got a quick question for you.

When you were born physically, was it an event or an ongoing experience of being born?

There seems to be confusion of "born again" with living and abiding faith [which Biblically is active ongoing and present [though may have begun at some time in the past] belief, every time, even in Luke 8:12,13] and relationship which are to be ongrowing - :)

The Just Live by Faith.

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:5

Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:9

If I am born physically, but do not breath, eat, drink, rest, or disobey the laws of God in Health, etc I will die before my time.  The Spriitual life is no different.  Growing up on the milk of the Word, unto the meat [substance], praying unto God, etc.  If we are not connected and abiding in the vine [Christ Jesus, for we can do nothing of own ourselves, but through Christ, all things, such as keep His commandments], then we will wither and perish, good for nothing but to be thrown into the fire.

So, I have two questions for you.  Once you were born again, is that all or must you eat of His word, takein the water of life, breath by prayer, be always connected to the vine, etc?  or secondarily, What happens if you break any part of the Spiritual Moral Law of God's Ten Commandments, can it lead to spiritual death?

Nature itself ought to teach anyone these things if anyone cannot understand them from Scripture.

• Members

But "Ye must be born again".

I am, thank you, born of the water and of the Spirit.

But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. Galatians 4:29

That which was "born of the flesh" was through unbelief and disobedience of Abraham, in otherwords doubt in the promise of God and transgression of His commandment, iow - sin.

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 1 John 3:4

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

Thus those who do not keep the Commandments of God, persecute those who do, even as it was with Cain and Abel.

• Moderators

I am, thank you, born of the water and of the Spirit.

But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. Galatians 4:29

That which was "born of the flesh" was through unbelief and disobedience of Abraham, in otherwords doubt in the promise of God and transgression of His commandment, iow - sin.

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 1 John 3:4

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

Thus those who do not keep the Commandments of God, persecute those who do, even as it was with Cain and Abel.

Please explain, what does it mean to be 'born of water and of the Spirit".

Archived