• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Daniel & Revelation - The Indepth Study Thread, Bring Your Bibles Please.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me neither.

Well, this is an "indepth" thread after all.  However, if we come to a portion where any may have questions concerning a certain text, phrase, or other, I will generally be referring back to the detailed portions given already that answer those particular questions for the most part.  Any questions which are not already answered by the detail, will be replied to individually as time allows :).

• Members

Since the SDA is considered to be a cult, why is a SDA member even allowed to be teaching on a Baptist site?

Any portion which you feel is not based upon the abundant evidence of the Scriptures, please let me know, and we may pause at that point to see if the detailed portions have covered it, or if another reply is needed, and we can both look at the Scripture together.

• Members

Your purpose is put so much information on display that no single part can be questioned. When it is you will - as you have already in various threads - sidestep and ignore those questions, and shift the focus to anther aspect.

You refuse to answer simple questions because there is no room to shift and hide, and you will be displayed as the false teacher you are.

• Members

I don't do "in depth" SDA Bible studies.  Why would anyone want to do an "in depth" study from a cult?

When I want to do an "in depth" Bible study, I open my Bible and study. 

If you will notice the OP, it says,

"Daniel & Revelation - the indepth Study thread, bring your Bibles please."

You are of course, as are all, free to participate or not, as you/they desire.  None are compelled, as each has their own God-given free will, to read or participate in this Bible study of Daniel and Revelation.  However,  I would like continued feedback, input and help in the study as we continue.  :)

• Members

Any portion which you feel is not based upon the abundant evidence of the Scriptures, please let me know, and we may pause at that point to see if the detailed portions have covered it, or if another reply is needed, and we can both look at the Scripture together.

You obviously do not get it, bomwl.

You would not accept a Baptist teaching you.  Your cult would not.  Why should you expect a Baptist to want you teaching them?

If one of us went to a SDA site, proclaiming ourselves to be Baptist, no doubt we would not be allowed to teach our doctrines on their site.

• Members

I started a thread in Bible & Christianity>Biblical Issues>False Religions in June of 2008 called False Teachings of Seventh Day Adventism....I have "bumped" it and here is the link, if anyone is interested:

[link removed]

Did you desire that I participate in that thread?  I had already read through it before though.  However, if you do, please invite me there in that thread, and I will come over and participate with you all.  :)

Have you considered the last question on the Daniel 1:1 text, here [scroll to nearly bottom, last Green Question] -

• Members

You obviously do not get it, bomwl.

You would not accept a Baptist teaching you.  Your cult would not.  Why should you expect a Baptist to want you teaching them?

If one of us went to a SDA site, proclaiming ourselves to be Baptist, no doubt we would not be allowed to teach our doctrines on their site.

Actually, we just received a Baptist, who, I think, will be speaking next week.  He is recently accepting the Truths of Scripture and is desiring to give his testimony, and especially how he was providentially lead of God to the 7th Day.  In the congregation I meet with, we get people from all over the world and of various faiths.

Anyone is free to teach to me, but if they disagree with the Scripture, the Bible will be opened to show the error.  :)

• Members

Since the SDA is considered to be a cult, why is a SDA member even allowed to be teaching on a Baptist site?

A warning was sounded about opening the door for anything that wanted to come in. I guess its alright to sow the tares among the wheat.

• Members

Perhaps this is a test sent forth to see if we can biblically defend our beliefs and biblically refute those SDA beliefs.

I know whether in the workplace, on the streets or wherever, when confronted with such I must deal with it biblically; I can't call for the SDA (or whoever they are) to be banned or blocked.

While at university, as well as on a couple jobs I've had, I found myself dealing with Black Muslims, Mormons, Moorish Science, that L. Ron Hubbard crowd, Catholics, various forms of atheists/agnostics, and others.

• Members

Acts 20:28-29 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Now, I know some would argue that OB is not the Church.  And I agree with them.  But the people of God are the Church. Are we to believe that it is OK to allow ourselves to be taught by cult members as long as we are not in a ""Church" building?  I do not believe God wants us to submit to those who teach false doctrine.  Jesus admonished His Apostles with these words, "Neither give place to the devil."

Archived