• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can A Pastor Get Remarried If His Wife....

The Glory Land

• Members

Leaves him, for an other woman? I asked a co-worker yesterday, what ever happen to so and so, I have not seen her in a long time. Did she go to the night shift? He said to me, you don't know?  No, I don't. She left with an other woman that she fell in love with, not working here anymore. How said, I do know that she had kids. Women cheats on their husbands too.

Can a pastor get remarried, if his wife leave him for a other man or woman? or does he have to wait, to she dies. :popcorn:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He can do whatever he wants; but he's out of the will of God if he remarries and stays a pastor.

You're going to get fat eating all that popcorn. ;)

Why will he be out of the will of God. It was her fault, not his. So that he does not fall into temptation. 

Popcorn cleans your in digesting system. Healthy....  :) 

• Members

Titus 1:6-9

6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.

7For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

8But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;

9Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

• Members

Can a pastor get remarried, if his wife leave him for a other man or woman? or does he have to wait, to she dies. :popcorn:

How do you think it could be reconciled with Luke 16:18? I do not believe that it can.

A point to consider: If divorced, he forfeits his moral authority to preach on the subject of marriage as well as to give premarital counseling.

• Members
But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all.
Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.
So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.
Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.
For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.
10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;
11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
12 Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,

2 Corinthians 5-12

• Members

But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all.
Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.
So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.
Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.
For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.
10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;
11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
12 Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,

2 Corinthians 5-12

The above passage has nothing to do with whether or not a divorced/remarried pastor is qualified to remain in that office.

Archived