• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Kjv Vs Others

Bro K

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I have resurrected this thread on the KJV and MV's, as the other two threads have to do with CCM and  "Wines of the Bible." There are also only four replies, including mine, in this thread.  It might be easier to follow.  Thank you.

• Members

The older versions of the NIV are already out of print. Beginning last year only the newest version of the NIV was available.

This has had a big impact on all those things which used the NIV for their materials as they can only proceed with the NIV if they update to the new version and then people/churches must buy the new NIV so it matches the new material.

Some companies and churches have chose to go with other versions instead, it seems the NLT may be the preferred newer version.

If enough people/churches/companies switch to the new NIV that may keep it in the top selling spot for 2014. However, if a good number choose to go another direction that could knock the NIV down the list.

Still, with all the various MVs out there and all the negative press about the KJB and the massive promotion of MVs it's amazing the KJB is has been the 2nd best selling version in America for these past years.

• Members

I had thought of that since those questioning the KJB issue can't post here.

I tried to find out what translation or version of the Bible is the best selling worldwide but couldn't come up with any. All I could find was the Bible, in general (meaning they count all versions and translations together), is by far the best selling book in the world.

That doesn't tell us much because many of those are Catholic Bibles, plus all the various MVs, different language translations, along with the KJB.

• Members

That's up to you. Yes, it's clear this is a KJO site, but that doesn't prove the validity of KJO. Something to keep in mind since not all who visit here, or join, use the KJB.

I simply do not understand why anyone would join this site if they do not use the KJV.  If I used an MV, this is the last place I would come to fellowship.

Archived