• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

If All The Republicans Have Is Rubio And Christie...

The Glory Land

• Administrators

You claimed I was saying no-one sinned back then. A major twisting of what I said. Sin has always been present. But people were, by and large, were more moral back then.

Yes, Jeffrey, that is how it is. I didn't say otherwise, just stated that I'm not in total disagreement with land owners being the only ones to vote on property tax. You have a real racial hangup...give it a rest.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

see post above, your words, not mine

you do realize that non property owners still pay taxes too right? (sales tax, vehicle, etc)

Actually, racism is actually pretty relevant in IFB circles, Why don't you see any preachers of color evangelizing in IFB churches. Do you know a number of IFB preachers wont marry an interracial couple? How come black preachers don"t have white wives? John Hamblin still refers to blacks as Hammites

I guess those churches or preachers need to get saved.

• Moderators

see post above, your words, not mine

you do realize that non property owners still pay taxes too right? (sales tax, vehicle, etc)

Actually, racism is actually pretty relevant in IFB circles, Why don't you see any preachers of color evangelizing in IFB churches. Do you know a number of IFB preachers wont marry an interracial couple? How come black preachers don"t have white wives? John Hamblin still refers to blacks as Hammites

Not sure which IFB churches you've had dealings with, but for almost 30 years the opposite has been my experience. I have been in churches from Virginia to San Diego and not seen such racism as you describe. And from what I have seen, much of the separation between races in churches seems to stem more from styles of services than racism. Here in our tiny community we are known as the 'White" Baptist chruch, and there is also a 'Black" Baptist church, due to the primary races of each. Yet we have freely fellowshiped together, and their pastor has preached for me a couple times, and I have been in their services at times for special meetings. In fact, they gave my wife and I a mobile home the pastor lived in for some time, as they moved out of it. Just waiting to move it.

So, if you have seen such racism, I suggest you move on from such places, as that is ungodly. 

• Members

Does it really matter what Republicans are in the spotlight right now? So much can change between now and time for the election; just ask Hillary "she's guaranteed the nomination" Clinton.

Do you really expect a Republican to change the tide in America when their record shows the opposite?

Without heart change, laws are fleeting. As we can see, many of the things Christians complain about today used to be illegal in America but having laws against such didn't prevent us from being where we are today.

If the peoples hearts are bent on wickedness, we are going to have wickedness and the politicians are going to go right along with it for the sake of the vote in their quest for power and riches.

Whether the next president is a Dem or Repub, America will continue down the broad road of destruction, yet we need not fear for the will of God shall prevail and one day soon Jesus will return. The question is, will He find faith when He returns; will He find us about His Father's business or entangled in the things of the world?

• Administrators

Does it really matter what Republicans are in the spotlight right now? So much can change between now and time for the election; just ask Hillary "she's guaranteed the nomination" Clinton.

Do you really expect a Republican to change the tide in America when their record shows the opposite?

Without heart change, laws are fleeting. As we can see, many of the things Christians complain about today used to be illegal in America but having laws against such didn't prevent us from being where we are today.

If the peoples hearts are bent on wickedness, we are going to have wickedness and the politicians are going to go right along with it for the sake of the vote in their quest for power and riches.

Whether the next president is a Dem or Repub, America will continue down the broad road of destruction, yet we need not fear for the will of God shall prevail and one day soon Jesus will return. The question is, will He find faith when He returns; will He find us about His Father's business or entangled in the things of the world?

I agree with almost everything you said. Except that being good stewards of Everything God has given us does NOT entangle us in the world...any more than posting on a forum does. See, we tend to pick and choose what is entangling and what is not, according to our own desires.

It is not God's will that this country be destroyed. But to take the fatalist view that it's all gonna fit into God's plan is easier than standing fast for what He's given us. Yes, this world is going to perish. But it neither honors God nor shows our gratitude to Him for the liberties He's given us in this country to just sit back and let it go.

Because that is what is happening in far too many Christian circles...and souls are not being won either.

• Members

I agree with almost everything you said. Except that being good stewards of Everything God has given us does NOT entangle us in the world...any more than posting on a forum does. See, we tend to pick and choose what is entangling and what is not, according to our own desires.

It is not God's will that this country be destroyed. But to take the fatalist view that it's all gonna fit into God's plan is easier than standing fast for what He's given us. Yes, this world is going to perish. But it neither honors God nor shows our gratitude to Him for the liberties He's given us in this country to just sit back and let it go.

Because that is what is happening in far too many Christian circles...and souls are not being won either.

I don't think anyone is advocating sitting back and letting anything go. Actually, it's pretty much gone already, which is one of the reasons todays conservatives are so confused, there is precious little left worthwhile to conserve. What's needed now is radical transformation of the kind that only takes place at the heart level. The only other alternative at this time is a radical humanist approach of totalitarianism for the sake of purging and restoration which would not be an approach we should endorse or be involved in.

One lesson we should be learning is that laws are meaningless unless something within the people causes them to uphold them and defend them. Once many Americans reached the point where they either opposed or didn't much care about certain laws, those laws became of none effect and were eventually changed to reflect the new reality.

Attempts to bring back those laws or impose new laws without the hearts of the people being changed first is a futile endeavor.

From our (American) own history we can see the great transformative power which accompanies Awakenings and Revivals. Many of the "moral laws" around the country stemmed from such.

What would be the greater impact for good in America: If all born again Christians spent daily time in prayer for this nation, her leaders and upcoming elections while also spending time in prayer for awakening/revival, in spreading the Gospel, making disciples and supporting such efforts around the country...or...if every born again Christian agreed to vote for a Republican in the 2014 and 2016 elections?

If a worthwhile candidate is on the ballot there is nothing wrong with casting a vote for him. Yet we should recognize that is secondary to what is really needed.

• Administrators

I don't think anyone has said that voting shouldn't be secondary. In fact, were Christians to be and to do what they should, it would be secondary (along with any other involvement), but it would be done. That's my point.

Far too many Christians talk a good talk -about anything - but their walk doesn't line up.

I don't believe the majority of Americans oppose good laws. I believe they have been brainwashed (and still are) into believing the majority do and so begins the surrender to the supposed inevitable. That is what is happening now right before our eyes.

Totally agree that the transformative power of Christ is needed. That's never been questioned. And earnest prayer (badly neglected IMHO) is, too. So, too is education on what our founding documents mean to us as a nation.

We do need to get back to the old paths. Oh, not the days of slavery and no toilets. But back to knowing the Bible and the God of the Bible, and knowing our Constitution. Too many Christians are ignorant of both.

• Members

I couldn't agree more with you, HC.  Joe and I are going to vote the constitution, although, the men running on that ticket are Republicans.  So, it works out.

In my household, we always exercise our right to vote.  And, like you, my hubby and I always agree on who to vote for.  That is a huge plus.

• Members

Far too many Christians talk a good talk -about anything - but their walk doesn't line up.

what is their "walk"? and what isn't lining up?

We do need to get back to the old paths. Oh, not the days of slavery and no toilets. But back to knowing the Bible and the God of the Bible, and knowing our Constitution. Too many Christians are ignorant of both.

I'm curious, why did you put the Bible in front of God?

• Administrators

what is their "walk"? and what isn't lining up?

I'm curious, why did you put the Bible in front of God?

Um...walk would be way of life and not lining up would simply be that what so many do and what they say don't match.

As to why I put the Bible first - who knows? Just a way of writing it...no deep dark mystery.

Archived