• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

If All The Republicans Have Is Rubio And Christie...

The Glory Land

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Well, that's not all "they" have, but the media is trying to disgrace Christie (he's actually already a disgrace, but I digress) because they are claiming he is the only one who can beat Hillary.  There are others - men who are Christians and who follow the Constitution.  We'll see what future days bring.

• Members

Well, that's not all "they" have, but the media is trying to disgrace Christie (he's actually already a disgrace, but I digress) because they are claiming he is the only one who can beat Hillary.  There are others - men who are Christians and who follow the Constitution.  We'll see what future days bring.

When these others? Once they are are asked, about where do they stand on the gay marriage,marijuana, and abortions again. They will fall apart.  

• Administrators

When these others? Once they are are asked, about where do they stand on the gay marriage,marijuana, and abortions again. They will fall apart.  

Not all of them would. Rand Paul. Ted Cruz. Mike Lee. Don't know if they will run, but they know how to stand firm.  They've proven that.

• Members

Not all of them would. Rand Paul. Ted Cruz. Mike Lee. Don't know if they will run, but they know how to stand firm.  They've proven that.

They may stand for some truth, but the truth is our country don't want to here it. We Christians, do want the best for all. But the majority don't want moral issues to stand first.Money in my pocket, means you have my vote, just like in Venezuela. The poor, the not educated, will keep their president in office.  .

• Administrators

They may stand for some truth, but the truth is our country don't want to here it. We Christians, do want the best for all. But the majority don't want moral issues to stand first.Money in my pocket, means you have my vote, just like in Venezuela. The poor, the not educated, will keep their president in office.  .

For a variety of reasons, I don't believe it's the majority in this country.  But that's another topic altogether. I do agree that the uneducated (as well as the apathetic) will, together with voter fraud, keep the corrupt in office.

• Members

Again, I ask, why are we afraid? Didn't Jesus establish His church and didn't he say that the gates of hell would not defeat it?
I think a lot of this American patriotism is idolatry. Yes, we can be thankful for living here, but we are called to a higher purpose, evangelizing, loving our neighbors, helping the poor/sick. These things mean more to God rather than worrying that they are allowing gay marriage,(which will happen, no matter how many protest). We are not here to change laws! Did Jesus do that? Were not the disciples looking/expecting Jesus to establish His kingdom after all?

• Administrators

<shrugs> God gave us this country and He expects us to be good stewards of what He's given us.  If Christians want to allow the liberties and freedoms (for the express purpose of being the Christians God wants us to be) He's given us in this country to slip out of their hands, well, that's what so many are doing.   But, hey, it sure sounds spiritual to say Jesus didn't do it, so we shouldn't.  Except that Jesus didn't get on the Internet. Or drive a car. Or, or, or....He and His disciples also lived in an empire, where the law of the land was at the whim of the king.  However, God saw fit to grant to us the privilege of deciding what laws we would have, who we would entrust the making of those laws to, etc. Being a Christian does not automatically mean we are to not participate in some way (whatever way God would lay on the heart, and that would include prayer, voting, even running for office in order to serve, etc) to ensure our liberties do not fade away.

I know - that isn't popular anymore.  It's more popular to say that we are only called to be soulwinners (yes, we should do that, and all that Jeffrey wrote).  But that just isn't true.  We are called to live in the world, even though we are not to be of it.  Participating in the governmental process in a federal constitutional republic such as ours (well, what it should be) does not make us of the world, but in it.  Being of it is being consumed by the world's philosophies and practices.  Government is not one of those, because God ordained government . And in America, He allowed us to be the government.  Sadly, we have let down that role.  Badly.  And we aren't the soulwinners we should be, either.  That is obvious from the gross sin that is being accepted all around us.  Our salt has just about lost its savor, even as we sit and say we are only to do just so much and no more...

(and I believe God would have us stand behind anti-gay-marriage amendments (on a state level, not federal)...after all, He did command that they be killed in the OT.  Passing an amendment is a much kinder, gentler way of dealing with the issue, because we are under grace, not law...and would still give Christians a chance to witness to the lost gay person...etc)

One last edit...being concerned about the country God gave us is not idolatry (although I agree that it can become such if allowed), nor is it necessarily fear.  It is taking care of what God has given.  

• Members

Again, I ask, why are we afraid? Didn't Jesus establish His church and didn't he say that the gates of hell would not defeat it?
I think a lot of this American patriotism is idolatry. Yes, we can be thankful for living here, but we are called to a higher purpose, evangelizing, loving our neighbors, helping the poor/sick. These things mean more to God rather than worrying that they are allowing gay marriage,(which will happen, no matter how many protest). We are not here to change laws! Did Jesus do that? Were not the disciples looking/expecting Jesus to establish His kingdom after all?

Not me.

• Members

<shrugs> God gave us this country and He expects us to be good stewards of what He's given us.  If Christians want to allow the liberties and freedoms (for the express purpose of being the Christians God wants us to be) He's given us in this country to slip out of their hands, well, that's what so many are doing.   But, hey, it sure sounds spiritual to say Jesus didn't do it, so we shouldn't. (...)  Being a Christian does not automatically mean we are to not participate in some way (whatever way God would lay on the heart, and that would include prayer, voting, even running for office in order to serve, etc) to ensure our liberties do not fade away.

I know - that isn't popular anymore.  It's more popular to say that we are only called to be soulwinners (yes, we should do that, and all that Jeffrey wrote).  But that just isn't true.  We are called to live in the world, even though we are not to be of it.  Participating in the governmental process in a federal constitutional republic such as ours (well, what it should be) does not make us of the world, but in it.  Being of it is being consumed by the world's philosophies and practices.  Government is not one of those, because God ordained government . And in America, He allowed us to be the government.

Amen. Well said.

• Members

<shrugs> God gave us this country and He expects us to be good stewards of what He's given us.  If Christians want to allow the liberties and freedoms (for the express purpose of being the Christians God wants us to be) He's given us in this country to slip out of their hands, well, that's what so many are doing.   But, hey, it sure sounds spiritual to say Jesus didn't do it, so we shouldn't.  Except that Jesus didn't get on the Internet. Or drive a car. Or, or, or....He and His disciples also lived in an empire, where the law of the land was at the whim of the king.  However, God saw fit to grant to us the privilege of deciding what laws we would have, who we would entrust the making of those laws to, etc. Being a Christian does not automatically mean we are to not participate in some way (whatever way God would lay on the heart, and that would include prayer, voting, even running for office in order to serve, etc) to ensure our liberties do not fade away.

I know - that isn't popular anymore.  It's more popular to say that we are only called to be soulwinners (yes, we should do that, and all that Jeffrey wrote).  But that just isn't true.  We are called to live in the world, even though we are not to be of it.  Participating in the governmental process in a federal constitutional republic such as ours (well, what it should be) does not make us of the world, but in it.  Being of it is being consumed by the world's philosophies and practices.  Government is not one of those, because God ordained government . And in America, He allowed us to be the government.  Sadly, we have let down that role.  Badly.  And we aren't the soulwinners we should be, either.  That is obvious from the gross sin that is being accepted all around us.  Our salt has just about lost its savor, even as we sit and say we are only to do just so much and no more...

(and I believe God would have us stand behind anti-gay-marriage amendments (on a state level, not federal)...after all, He did command that they be killed in the OT.  Passing an amendment is a much kinder, gentler way of dealing with the issue, because we are under grace, not law...and would still give Christians a chance to witness to the lost gay person...etc)

One last edit...being concerned about the country God gave us is not idolatry (although I agree that it can become such if allowed), nor is it necessarily fear.  It is taking care of what God has given.  

• Members

Did Jesus command us to change laws, erect nation building or was he more concerned with individuals? Our calling is to make disciples and i do not think that imposing our beliefs through laws are the way to do it. Nowhere in the NT are we to start a theocracy in America, or wherever we live.

Saw this on another site this morning, a quote from CS Lewis

CS Lewis Wrote:

Before leaving the question of divorce, I should like to distinguish two things which are very often confused. The conception of marriage is one: the other is the different question – how far Christians, if they are voters or Members of Parliament, ought to try to force their views of marriage on the rest of the community by embodying them in the divorce laws. A great many people seem to think that if you are a Christian yourself you should try to make divorce difficult for every one. I do not think that. At least I know I should be very angry if the Mahommedans tried to prevent the rest of us from drinking wine.

My own view is that the Churches should frankly recognise that the majority of the British people are not Christians and, therefore, cannot be expected to live Christian lives. There ought to be two distinct kinds of marriage: one governed by the State with rules enforced on all citizens, the other governed by the Church with rules enforced by her on her own members. The distinction ought to be quite sharp, so that a man knows which couples are married in a Christian sense and which are not

Archived