• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Would All New People On Ob Please Introduce...

candlelight

• Members

Some of the arguments I've seen are silly. Some that I have seen are worthy. Some of them I've been the dummy :) But for the most part, the arguments I have seen on here are NOTHING compared to some of the vitriol I have seen on other forums...BAPTIST forums. 

I have had my share of disagreements with others on here. I have had some sharp disagreements with John81, JerryNumbers, Ukelelemike, Heartstrings, but  as a viscous watchdog that bites back, I would defend those brothers in a heartbeat against any outsider that enters this forum with an agenda against King James Only Bible believing fundamental Baptists. There's quite a bit of good iron sharpening here (Prov 27:17) even though sometimes it can get a little out of hand.

"And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus" Acts 15:39 and then later Paul said, "Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry." 1 Tim 4:11

Dr. James Ach, good point there.  Iron sharpening always helps, but some stuff put in that category is down-right argumentative and plumb hateful.  Yes, stand and contend for the faith, but do it with/on the KJB rightly divided and in the right spirit.  I've been guilty of not having things right there, but I sure want to.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

:wave: Hi!

I've been lurking for a few days just getting a feel of the community here. It's been.....interesting.... :blink:  :unsure: but I've been around Baptists my whole life, so I know we can be a bit odd at times....erm...frequently.  ;) Anyhow I look forward to getting more involved in the community as time goes by.  :D

• Members

Hi, my name is Darrin and I am from Edmonton Alberta. My username is fbc.And wow what a coincidence to know Josh Owens (OFIB) I recently emailed him looking for a Larry Wells sermon when in fact that it was this site I got the original link for that sermon, and hey Josh it is still here!

• Members

The church I attend is called Community Bible Church. If you go to cbcedmonton on YouTube you can hear our messages. Sorry the sound isn't the greatest but we are working on it.

• Moderators

You're at the Zyla's church! I haven't been there, but I know them. We've done J&R for them and they used to come out and help at printshop. When you see them, maybe you could tell them that Sarah misses seeing them at printshop. :)

I go to Victory Baptist in Sherwood Park. Very cool to have someone within hailing distance on OB:thumb:

• Members

I don't know if I introduced myself or not --- if so, I retract the intro.

I've thought about changing my screen name and avatar to leave people guessing as to my gender and whether I'm a preacher or not.   :bleh:

Fancy doing an avatar swapsies for a couple of days, OFP? That would confuse people!

• Members

You're at the Zyla's church! I haven't been there, but I know them. We've done J&R for them and they used to come out and help at printshop. When you see them, maybe you could tell them that Sarah misses seeing them at printshop. :)

I go to Victory Baptist in Sherwood Park. Very cool to have someone within hailing distance on OB. :thumb:

Archived